Phuket Opinion: Testing the waters

Jonathan Fairfield

32 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Phuket is about to be able to prove firsthand just how effective vaccinations are at preventing transmissions by vaccinated people, just how effective testing is, and just how seriously people will suffer if they become infected after being vaccinated with Sinovac, which according to even the World Health Organization is the worst vaccine in the world at preventing infections

It says enough I think......and hoping it will be a succes.. yes I am negative I know

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Hardly surprising from a news source that is notoriously inaccurate.

It is the "Phuket News" so naturally their focus is on Phuket...whether the rest of the world is as well is another question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It is the "Phuket News" so naturally their focus is on Phuket...whether the rest of the world is as well is another question.

What? Are you answering the right person?

The Phuket News is inaccurate. I have contacted them numerous times to correct their stories. All were about Phuket. Speed of publication is far more important to them than actually checking the story.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

What? Are you answering the right person?

The Phuket News is inaccurate. I have contacted them numerous times to correct their stories. All were about Phuket. Speed of publication is far more important to them than actually checking the story.

More a response to Madmitch's query if the world is watching the "Phuket sandbox."

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Phuket is about to be able to prove firsthand just how effective vaccinations are at preventing transmissions by vaccinated people, just how effective testing is, and just how seriously people will suffer if they become infected after being vaccinated with Sinovac,

Phuketians . They also serve who only stand and wait.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Looking to the Maldives and Seychelles, both of which Phuket officials have previously held high as examples to follow, both island tourism nations suffered skyrocketing rates of new infections only last month despite being among the highest ranking countries in the world for mass vaccination of their populations at the time.

Funny how that works?

"Move along now.  Nothing to see here.  Move along quickly!"