Ivermectin: Yes, No or Maybe

RR2020

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Good to hear. It would be nice to have something more definitive. Unfortunately there are too many big money interests involved in not pursuing proper trials. I want all the best available safe treatments used as quickly as possible, so that the world gets out of this mess. Another year of chaotic variations, (treatments, including a vaccine that's ok in country x, but not y, a quarantine that's 21 days in Hong Kong only if you have permanent residency, and self-isolation in UK, but only if you're a UK national, is a tad inconvenient to say the least, when one has been following protocols to the "T", but not safe enough because there are insufficient vaccinations...etc, etc). At some stage, (are we there yet?), tolerance levels will evaporate, in many respects because of economics, (the economic order collapses).

In fact, fluoxamine, a generic and low cost antidepressant is now in a large scale clinical trial to determine its effectiveness against covid-19 symptoms.

How a cheap antidepressant emerged as a promising Covid-19 treatment

In a large, randomized clinical trial conducted with thousands of patients over the past six months, researchers at McMaster University tested eight different Covid-19 treatments against a control group to figure out what works.

One drug stood out: fluvoxamine, an antidepressant that the Food and Drug Administration has already found to be safe and that’s cheap to produce as a generic drug.

These new results follow some promising findings in small-scale trials last year. 

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22619137/fluvoxamine-covid-ivermectin-together-study-mcmaster

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lks7689 said:

Malaysia started a trial on ivermectin in june and though still ongoing, the health director general has said so far the results are inconclusive because positive results from test tubes did not yield the same from tests on living organism. And another issue is it require a high dosage to have the desired anti viral effect and the full implications and complications from such is another matter for consideration. Final results should be available in September. 

And in the end, it's been proven ineffective. It's for animals. Not humans.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/08/23/covid-warning-treatment-ivermectin-fda-mississippi/8244302002/

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/08/23/covid-warning-treatment-ivermectin-fda-mississippi/8244302002/

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They also make billions from the sale of Covid vaccines. 

Please share with us the name of the vaccine that Merck manufacturers. Or may just stop making things up.

In a major setback, Merck to stop developing its two Covid-19 vaccines and focus on therapies

Merck said Monday it will stop developing both of the current formulations of the Covid-19 vaccines the company was working on, citing inadequate immune responses to the shots.

Work will continue on at least one of the vaccines, which is being developed in partnership with the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), to see if using a different route of administration would improve how effective it is.

The announcement marks a shocking setback for one of the most storied vaccine makers, and will raise tensions around readouts expected soon from other companies, including Johnson & Johnson and the upstart NovaVax.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/25/in-a-major-setback-merck-to-stop-developing-its-two-covid-19-vaccines-and-focus-on-therapies/

• Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 10:29 AM, Harry Om said:

I'm not a Dr, this is not medical advice, etc etc....

But if I run out of my current supply, and I can't get any more, that's probably what I'll do.

In theory, it should be identical, but it depends on the source, and may not go through the same rigorous standards of testing. But if it's okay for your dog to take, it's probably okay for you to take.

But best to get from a pharmacy if possible, IMO. I'm not sure how hard that is to do in Thailand.

Very easy. Shopee and Lazad have it.

Also many pharmacies 12 pack of 6 mg tabs was something like 800 baht in Kanchanaburi

8 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

No, the major problem with Ivermectin is that there is no scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies.

do you understand this?

Obviously!  If you'd bothered to read my post to which you replied, I said "It would seem that a major problem with Ivermectin is the amount of misinformation and conspiracy that abounds on the 'net."

Not THE major problem you notice.

Misinformation....no scientific basis....same, same.

I then posted a link which (hopefully) explains it. If you're going to reply, at least offer the courtesy of reading and understanding before you hit "Quote"

Edited by VBF
Spelling
  • Like 1