Sliding gate for house, how much does it cost ? Easy to find without rail ?

thailandusauk

On 6/9/2021 at 9:58 AM, Old Croc said:

Large metal gates are heavy and generally need to be supported on steel wheels. To hang one in the air would present many problems. Alternatively a boom gate? 

We have hairy dogs and water flow problems that needed a little work to allow the water to egress.  An occasional squirt with the hose cleans any debris from the rails.

I second that opinion, any benefit removing the rail would provide would be nagayed by the many negatives, Also if you suspend the gate from above make sure you have enough height for truck deliveries and service. 

Not worth it IMO, Easy to clean the rail with a hose  and you dont need a rail the first 1/4 of the gate as you only need a rail where the wheels are. 

I was a little surprised this thread was still going and it's likely the OP has now decided on his solution.

However, I have a little more to add to the discussion.  We have recently started the process of fencing our Isaan property by getting a local builder to construct a sliding gate and a couple of panels either side. 

Built on site, the 2mtr panels are welded steel tube with railings made from round steel rod. There are 4 wheels along the gate to make it easy to push by hand. It is considerably lighter than the gate at our Phuket place. The rail is a length of heavy angle iron imbedded in cement. ( ^ )

Materials and labour for the three panels was less than 10k.

1641781421800.thumb.jpg.d2d86dced13a2c028db27a3df877c3be.jpg

1641781461612.thumb.jpg.406d60c51db19cf43e1d5b27363aad51.jpg

1641781588636.thumb.jpg.3a9a5fa09a2877f36fd62f0e69448baa.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, petedk said:

It all depends on the size, materials used, is it remotely controlled and so on.

Why not ask for some offers? That's much better than asking here.

Our gate is quite long and cost nearly 3 times of what "timendress" said.

Ours is the width of 1.5 cars, toothed rail on the bottom of the gate frame, but above any level where water or dirt would accumulate.

Bought from Thai Watsadu CM, with installation and 4 remote controls cost 9.000Baht, about 5 years ago. Never ever had any problem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

Ours is the width of 1.5 cars, toothed rail on the bottom of the gate frame, but above any level where water or dirt would accumulate.

Bought from Thai Watsadu CM, with installation and 4 remote controls cost 9.000Baht, about 5 years ago. Never ever had any problem.

Just remembered, some newer models on the market:

-Solar powered with collection panel big enough / strong enough to accumulate power for normal 24 hr usage. One model I noticed (maybe others) comes with 2 'spotlights' to illuminate the gate / carport area. Lights switch on when remote engaged / switch off 2 minutes after gate is closed. 

And can be switched to grid power if needed.

-Remote controls can be used for any model / brand.

-Lower overall prices.

• 4 weeks later...

did my own gate  work myself, motor  thai watsadu as mentioned, foresee remote control, gate  made by Thai friend 2 gates 4.5metres  each 100k total (50k each) delivered, motor 9k alsao 2  ir  sensors tro stop an idiot closing the door  on their  car, work free....done  by me also got a  stainless  motor  cover to go over the plastic  motor cover as  plastic and sun always ends badly in time, cost 1000 made  locally

20170115_105844.jpg

20170115_105955.jpg

20170116_134405.jpg

20170116_134424.jpg

20240223_084736.jpg

Edited by Rampant Rabbit