Thai PM apologises as many vaccination appointments postponed

webfact

10 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Not to worry, if you survive COVID 19 you can get vaccinated next year. Thailand will have plenty of vaccine after the pandemic is over. Great planning.

The pandemic is over... there is the dream. All the news we get seems to keep pushing that more into the future. 

My  Mrs keeps pestering for us to go out to places, but I am going along with your plan... or until a vaccination opportunity arrives.

Edited by jacko45k

I saw on a Line group a Thai document stating that Thai doctors are running a study to combine Sinovac 1st jab with AZ 2nd jab and also vice versa.  It didn't say how many people were going to be in the study (or if Thailand has ever run a medical study like this before).

How will they figure the length of time between jabs?  I know the Gov can stipulate this at their whim.

This was brought about due to the limited doses of the 2 most highly available (or wished for) vaccines here in Thailand.  They in the know are trying to figure out how to get everyone 2 jabs with what is available.

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

Nonsense. Only expats with work permits have been allowed to register for the vaccine in Phuket. By definition, retirees are not included in this group.

The Thai government has, several times now, asked foreigners, aged over 60 and/or foreigners suffering from certain conditions which makes them vulnerable, to register.

They have assured foreign governments, through the Bangkok Embassies, that foreigners are included in the vaccination programme, (certainly Thais resident in the UK and many other countries have already been included in those countries programmes) - so one assumes this is an agreement?

They are now, in Phuket (and Chiang Rai, and no doubt elsewhere) refusing to register foreigners. Because they are not registered they are not eligible for vaccination. The "definitions" being applied are in clear and very blatant breach of those announcements and undertakings. That is, if you like, the nonsense!

Pointing it out is not nonsense.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lickey said:

Don't want to be part of a gene altering injection anyway, it's not a vaccine, might have it if ever I have symptoms though. 

The atheist who might convert if he knew he is dying soon ?

????

• Like 1

A  foreign news source wrote about "Thailand's Mass Vaccination" yesterday.  They wrote that Thai CDC said there were 2.04 million doses of AZ available leaving people to assume it was all local produced.  Yet, 250,000 - 500,000 doses of AZ were bought and imported from S Korea last week.

Where's the Thai reporting on Thai AZ production slowdown?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:
1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

Nonsense. Only expats with work permits have been allowed to register for the vaccine in Phuket. By definition, retirees are not included in this group.

The Thai government has, several times now, asked foreigners, aged over 60 and/or foreigners suffering from certain conditions which makes them vulnerable, to register.

They have assured foreign governments, through the Bangkok Embassies, that foreigners are included in the vaccination programme, (certainly Thais resident in the UK and many other countries have already been included in those countries programmes) - so one assumes this is an agreement?

They are now, in Phuket (and Chiang Rai, and no doubt elsewhere) refusing to register foreigners. Because they are not registered they are not eligible for vaccination. The "definitions" being applied are in clear and very blatant breach of those announcements and undertakings. That is, if you like, the nonsense!

Pointing it out is not nonsense.

Nope. You stated that "Well if you cannot register, then you are not registered, and you cannot complain that you have been left behind! Simples!"

It has never been possible for retirees without a work permit to register for a vaccine in Phuket so why shouldn't expat retirees complain that they have been left behind?. Simples!

2 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Nope. You stated that "Well if you cannot register, then you are not registered, and you cannot complain that you have been left behind! Simples!"

It has never been possible for retirees without a work permit to register for a vaccine in Phuket so why shouldn't expat retirees complain that they have been left behind?. Simples!

And you failed to see the irony in that?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

But he said last week there were enough vaccines and 70% of Bkk would be done by the end of July ???? Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Siambioscience front, where are the millions of doses they promised? 

Big fat cheque from another country is my guess.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

As many people have seen their vaccination appointments cancelled or postponed, due to insufficient allocation of doses to several parts of the country, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha apologised at a press conference today (Tuesday), saying more vaccines are being procured.

Don't apologise, just step down.

There are few things I detest more, and not just because the Prime Minister has allegedly said it in an English translation of his comments in Thai.

That is, 'I would like to apologise if...'

Why say it? 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

I would like to apologise if there are people who have not received the service or if there have been changes to your appointments.

You don't know If people have been affected? What are you? Prime Minister,  Head of the CCSA?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:
3 hours ago, Lickey said:

Don't want to be part of a gene altering injection anyway, it's not a vaccine, might have it if ever I have symptoms though. 

Far too late if you have symptoms 

Clearly he’s already showing symptoms of a single figure IQ ???? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

As usual spouting off far too late, vaccines should have been ordered months ago, not now.

Pathetic really, but what can you expect from that bunch of useless individuals?

Prayut would probably be late for his own funeral.????????

What is pathetic is thinking there has been a vaccine supermarket for the last year, open to everyone 24 hours with BOGOF.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, SmartyMarty said:

I registered online in Chiang Mai. Simple.

But it was reported on here that it was stopped . Has it re-started ? if so then  there are 3 places in all of Thailand !!

Edited by Excel

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is not his first or last apology, more to come, infect, the way the he handled this Covid business, he should have resigned and go home...

The only reason why he apologizes is that first he tells hospitals to keep their appointments even though they didn't get vaccines that should have been ordered by him , and then apologize to try to be the Hero because he apologizes. Yes axactly how you say , he shouldn't even apologize anymore just dissapeare in thin air . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lickey said:

Then it will be too late!  Go have it now and stop trying to be clever, unless  you already have a PhD in the subject?

• Like 1