Expats registering for vaccines: Impossible task takes another depressing twist

webfact

1 minute ago, worrab said:

All I will add to this discussion is if more people did in fact contact their embassies about this data breach instead of complaining on here, which does nothing,  then somebody just might take notice. You never know! The more the merrier.

Hilarious.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Quite an impressive rollout for June 14!

Why don't they just post a message on their website that says -- "we're in this so far over our heads, we have no clue what we're doing. Just wanted to let you know!"

Why doesn't this government just hand it all over to the Hospitals? Registration , Vaccine purchase . Called my hospital that has my records on the phone (AEK) Udon and got on waiting list for Moderna . That's how easy it is  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well they could protest in the strongest possible diplomatic terms, as no doubt theirs or any other country would do if this happened in any of our own countries, a data breach such as this is very big problem in so many ways.

They 'could' but will they....... i think we all know the answer to that.

13 minutes ago, club said:

Why doesn't this government just hand it all over to the Hospitals? Registration , Vaccine purchase . Called my hospital that has my records on the phone (AEK) Udon and got on waiting list for Moderna . That's how easy it is  

And you'll likely be waiting at least until October by relying on the private hospitals/Moderna route.

There was at least some hope, that by trying the govt. route, expats here would be able to get vaccinated months sooner.  At this point, for most, that remains an open question.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And you'll likely be waiting at least until October by relying on the private hospitals/Moderna route.

There was at least some hope, that by trying the govt. route, expats here would be able to get vaccinated months sooner.  At this point, for most, that remains an open question.

That is the road the wife and I have gone down. Registered at a private hospital in Chumphon.  Okay it is Oct but we can live with that unless AZ becomes available beforehand. 

I registered at hua hin Blueport, a while ago, got a date and time, same as my (Thai) wife (but there again quite a few others had the same date and time), to go to Hua Hin hospital for AZ vaccine on 7th July. How do I know if they have run out of vaccine by then?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated”, the page reads.

“You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience”.

The website author should have just written,
"P***-off farangs."

Less brain power would have been needed than constructing a few paragraphs of broken English that says the identical thing in three words.

5 minutes from its scheduled 5 pm closing time for the day, and the govt. Intervac vaccine registration website for age 60+ expats remains DOWN...  So looks like that site's gonna be a writeoff for the day.

The other site, the newer one for expats in general, remains down also.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, worrab said:

For what it is worth, I have emailed the British Embassy regarding this fiasco. Perhaps if a few more do the same, they might appreciate the problem. 

Ditto. I don't expect much. Not even a reply.

14 minutes ago, Hepbub said:

I registered at hua hin Blueport, a while ago, got a date and time, same as my (Thai) wife (but there again quite a few others had the same date and time), to go to Hua Hin hospital for AZ vaccine on 7th July. How do I know if they have run out of vaccine by then?

Probably when you turn up for your appointment. That seems to be the most cruel way of doing it, so they'll opt for that. All the details like mobile number and email that they collected will be in that great cloud storage in someone's head.

Edited by samtam

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It might be longer then October. I just refuse to get vaccinated with what they got here now. I go to the USA in November so I either get it here or in USA. My point was Hospitals can get Sinovac, AZ and the other vaccines and handle it more professionally then what your seeing now.  Registering people before you get the vaccines was not very smart 

44 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Luckily,the wife made me get a pink card a couple of years ago,she registered me on mor prom and i got the jab 5 days ago at a private hospital

When is your second jab? September

9 minutes ago, club said:

It might be longer then October. I just refuse to get vaccinated with what they got here now. I go to the USA in November so I either get it here or in USA. My point was Hospitals can get Sinovac, AZ and the other vaccines and handle it more professionally then what your seeing now.  Registering people before you get the vaccines was not very smart 

Well to play the devils advocate, now that the data breach has been recognised how do we know it was not a deliberate attempt by this administration, or individuals working for it, that by promoting  the registration process for expats, as many expats would wish for a vaccination, it was only a deliberate guise or trap for them to disclose their personal information, that has now enabled to be accessed by whom  ?

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well to play the devils advocate, now that the data breach has been recognised how do we know it was not a deliberate attempt by this administration, or individuals working for it, that by promoting  the registration process for expats, as many expats would wish for a vaccination, it was only a deliberate guise or trap for them to disclose their personal information, that has now enabled to be accessed by whom  ?

I hear you, I would be concerned too

1 hour ago, worrab said:

All I will add to this discussion is if more people did in fact contact their embassies about this data breach instead of complaining on here, which does nothing,  then somebody just might take notice. You never know! The more the merrier.

Well you can exclude the British Embassy from those hopes given their  previous record of "sloopy shoulders" for helping the British people in Thailand.