Expats registering for vaccines: Impossible task takes another depressing twist

webfact

Somethings so simple Thailand can’t seem to get it open the parking lots open up centers to get the vaccine allow anybody who drives and walks and get the vaccine I think the real issue is they really don’t have the right vaccine they’re not very well equipped to plan ahead and they seem to blame everybody but themselves what country is so corrupt do you think a simple thing like giving a foreigner a vaccine would be a simple task for them first vaccine was gonna be 2000 then it was 3000 and 3500 now to private hospitals 3800 great Which hospital can I go to I’m ready now they’re saying October another 4 1/2 months wait TIT

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

"Perhaps if a few more do the same, they might appreciate the problem"......

You may well be right, they may appreciate the problem, the point is, will the do anything?  

My very strong opinion is, they never will!

No doubt they are at this moment getting the in-house comedians scripting a reply. Bet you one thing though, they will not respond in any sort of positive manner, unless you call requesting the Thai government to do more is a positive action.

10 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Somethings so simple Thailand can’t seem to get it open the parking lots open up centers to get the vaccine allow anybody who drives and walks and get the vaccine I think the real issue is they really don’t have the right vaccine they’re not very well equipped to plan ahead and they seem to blame everybody but themselves what country is so corrupt do you think a simple thing like giving a foreigner a vaccine would be a simple task for them first vaccine was gonna be 2000 then it was 3000 and 3500 now to private hospitals 3800 great Which hospital can I go to I’m ready now they’re saying October another 4 1/2 months wait TIT

Apparently they do not have any vaccines to distribute for this week for even the Thai's...

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/15/vaccination-drive-in-disarray-no-supplies/

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, worrab said:

All I will add to this discussion is if more people did in fact contact their embassies about this data breach instead of complaining on here, which does nothing,  then somebody just might take notice. You never know! The more the merrier.

You might also send to International Living who actively promote the best places to retire to. The current action by Thai Gov to undermine Expats hopes needs to be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

I am booked next week for AZ. If they turn me away or mess with me I am heading back "home" for the UK summer and some beer.

Think I'll hang tough with high hopes until Nov. 30, then probably head across the Pacific Abyssal for some jabs and a white xmas....

Like the airport announcement of a delay, referring to "late arrival of the incoming aircraft" - thank you very much!

Any thoughts on the "the ... system ... is being updated" statement further above? 

They screwed up big, big time, incompetence of the highest order and the reason is officially declared as "updating"; I like that! 

I am just reporting about Chiang Mai. Wee have had a registration up and running for a couple of weeks now-   https://wallofcm.chiangmaihealth.go.th 

Is it perfect? Are there sometimes difficulties entering your information? May you have to wait a few days to get your confirmation email?  Any more rhetorical questions?  More important, I can attest, if there are any issues of the above type you are having, contact Chiang Mai Public Health Office (CMPHO), Covid Response Team and your problems will be addressed, maybe not satisfactorily to your liking, but to the best we can.  [email protected] You will generally receive a response within 1-2 business days, depending on whether the office is closed because staff is out giving vaccinations. For individuals, and there are a few, who keep writing to complain they have not received an appointment....Think for a minute. Everyone knows vaccine supplies are very limited, much is being diverted to other areas-  Phuket, Bangkok, Buriam, prisons, etc. So, CMPHO can not make appointments until we have guaranteed supplies. This is BEYOND OUR CONTROL. Everyone will be entered in the queue.  But it is going to take a while. As I have posted elsewhere, CMPHO are working double duty, their own jobs pre-pandemic as well as spending a full day working on Covid 19 issues.  So, take a breath.

Imagine if you had to wait another 4 to 5 years for a vaccination that’s what it would’ve been if it hadn’t been for operation warp speed you can Google that and one man took all the heat from the media saying he was putting millions and millions of people’s lives at stake for fast tracking this vaccine ,you know who  I’m talking about

• Haha 1

Just now, Rocking Robert said:

Imagine if you had to wait another 4 to 5 years for a vaccination that’s what it would’ve been if it hadn’t been for operation warp speed you can Google that and one man took all the heat from the media saying he was putting millions and millions of people’s lives at stake for fast tracking this vaccine ,you know who  I’m talking about

The biontech pfizer vaccine was funded by Germany with 500 Mio Euro.

Astra Zeneca by the UK.

Sinovac by the Chinese.

Yawn.

1 hour ago, edwarda909 said:

I am just reporting about Chiang Mai. Wee have had a registration up and running for a couple of weeks now- https://wallofcm.chiangmaihealth.go.th

Is it perfect? Are there sometimes difficulties entering your information? May you have to wait a few days to get your confirmation email?  Any more rhetorical questions?  More important, I can attest, if there are any issues of the above type you are having, contact Chiang Mai Public Health Office (CMPHO), Covid Response Team and your problems will be addressed, maybe not satisfactorily to your liking, but to the best we can.  [email protected] You will generally receive a response within 1-2 business days, depending on whether the office is closed because staff is out giving vaccinations. For individuals, and there are a few, who keep writing to complain they have not received an appointment....Think for a minute. Everyone knows vaccine supplies are very limited, much is being diverted to other areas-  Phuket, Bangkok, Buriam, prisons, etc. So, CMPHO can not make appointments until we have guaranteed supplies. This is BEYOND OUR CONTROL. Everyone will be entered in the queue.  But it is going to take a while. As I have posted elsewhere, CMPHO are working double duty, their own jobs pre-pandemic as well as spending a full day working on Covid 19 issues.  So, take a breath.

Second this - the folks @CMPHO are doing great work. Of course we're all aware that vaccine doesn't grow on trees and with this example it also shows that offering qualified information is still the best way to calm the masses.

It's called crisis managment...

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand is truly amazing is all I can say.  Let's see if my date for the vaccination on the 24th of This month is honored.  

Mine is 9th of July...

You've all got this totally wrong.

While everyone's busy criticising the Gov for screwing up the apps and websites, they're giggling up their sleeves.

The Mor Prom app was a disaster and made appointments in 5-minute time slots 24-hours around the clock and crashed. Subsequent appointments made in person at regional hospitals were all cancelled after another 2 or 3 weeks because of a wonderful new website to use - but (after another few weeks) the thailandintervac site now just tells you that there's no appointments - and then, suddenly, well fancy that, it's had to be taken down a week or so later because of data (in)security.

See . . . they don't actually have any vaccine - well nothing like enough to go around. But they can't tell you that because it's more than losing face - they'd be losing their whole head.

So they've created a whole bunch of infuriating and misleading distractions - one after another - to try to divert everyone's attention and thus gain the time they desperately need.

After all, it takes a while to find a buyer for a couple of lightly-used 2nd-hand submarines, not to mention all the gear and equipment for a moon-shot that's no longer needed . . . 

Edited by robsamui
  • Thanks 1