Expats registering for vaccines: Impossible task takes another depressing twist

webfact

16 hours ago, smedly said:

They want you to come and spend loads of money but when it comes to basic services and human rights that should be equal to everyone bo matter creed colour race religeon suddenly you are treated worse than a soi dog - an attitude that is fed down right from the very top.

Even now with businesses closed they still can't get their heads around the fact that they need farangs to make it all work, and on the next breath they blame us for their demise - farang not come ...... their fault noty ours, their inability to think something through is astounding 

inherent in most human beings is their ability to run future scenarios in their minds and therefore avoid real world consequences.  this ability is what separates us from the animal world.

Edited by malibukid

Update on my registration:

After being rejected because information was missing such as phone number and religion, they finally signed me up for this week. 

Now got to hear that I've been put at the back of the line, because... reasons. 

Imagine what the news headlines will say if I spread Covid now. I work at a school, so I'm part of the group that they want to be vaccinated first. My whole school was able to, but they picked me out of the list and literally said NO. 

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand is truly amazing is all I can say.  Let's see if my date for the vaccination on the 24th of This month is honored.  

I have the same vaccination day as you. How much do you want to bet that when we show up we are told "no have" or they tell us "AZ is for Thai only" and try to push that Sinovac garbage on us ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

How much do you want to bet that when we show up we are told "no have" or they tell us "AZ is for Thai only" and try to push that Sinovac garbage on us ????

Let me know. I have an appointment on the 28th for a jab of AstraZeneca------or so I am told.

Registration - pre-registration as it  should be called is a ridiculous process anyway.  It adds no value or control to anything except feeding burocracy and delay.

Just tell people in the particular groups where to go to get jabbed and what documents to take to prove their legitimacy in that group.

Then record that the jab has been given.  That's how all successful vaccination programs are working elsewhere.

Edited by PeeJayEm
typo

6 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Damm if you want it that bad just jump on the plane go back to the country you came from get vaccinated and come back here it’s that easy

Tried that. They said you need a ticket. They also said you can't just jump on a plane. You have to ride inside.

Maybe not as simple as you think.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, smedly said:

They want you to come and spend loads of money but when it comes to basic services and human rights that should be equal to everyone bo matter creed colour race religeon suddenly you are treated worse than a soi dog - an attitude that is fed down right from the very top.

Even now with businesses closed they still can't get their heads around the fact that they need farangs to make it all work, and on the next breath they blame us for their demise - farang not come ...... their fault not ours, their inability to think something through is astounding 

"...think something through..." Sure agree.

In my analysis it's worse...   inability to see things from a basic human rights level without any bias (country or whatever bias) or local flavor...

What a shame, many Thai have had a broad international education and are well capable / personally are open thinkers, but 99% of the people currently in government aren't in this group.

What a shame that the Thai folks who can think openly stay away from politics. What a shame that these more broadly educated open thinkers such as thanathorn and korn who have on many occasions shown clearly they want to contribute to building an open and equal and respected Thailand are savagely smacked down. 

Edited by scorecard

We presented ourselves on June 7, without an appointment, in the State Hospital of Charoen Sin.
We, both "Farangs" were both vaccinated.
Apparently I am not believed!
I was vaccinated with the Astra Zenica vaccine and I have to present myself on September 27 for the second injection.

Vaccinatie 7 juni.jpg

Vaccinatie 7 juni 2.jpg

Vaccinatie 7 juni 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand is truly amazing is all I can say.  Let's see if my date for the vaccination on the 24th of This month is honored.  

I hope so, mine wasn't, hospital has run out of vaccine

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, vacajan said:

We presented ourselves on June 7, without an appointment, in the State Hospital of Charoen Sin.
We, both "Farangs" were both vaccinated.
Apparently I am not believed!
I was vaccinated with the Astra Zenica vaccine and I have to present myself on September 27 for the second injection.

Vaccinatie 7 juni.jpg

Vaccinatie 7 juni 2.jpg

Vaccinatie 7 juni 3.jpg

A photo op never missed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ricebarnandrooms said:

And not one of the 7 includes COPD a chronic lung problem. 

Good point, COPD is all about weakness/severe weakness/permanent damage to the lungs and respatory system.

Covid 19 attacks the lungs and respatory system.

Edited by scorecard

Going to play safe and have booked Moderna appointment with probably vaccination in October and also appointment for AZ on 29 June. I also am trying the social security route for a Sinovac jab. Fallback plans as I expect appointment postponement or cancellation. 

How Thailand makes  so many easy things so complicated it’s so confusing and so difficult if you’re a foreigner and you wanna vaccine you think they would make it easy set up some centers except all walkins the vaccine should be for free But instead he said of webpages that is confusing at best complicated at least an unreliable I use the Chiang Mai wall vaccine website got there 16 digit or whatever it was number but yet it’s been over two weeks with absolutely no reply go figure TIT