Expats registering for vaccines: Impossible task takes another depressing twist

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not good if the Passport numbers, citizenship and names were leaked.  Thailand has now exposed thousands if foreigners personal information.  Time to go to the Worldwide press and our embassies.

So information that you probably handed over quite willingly to

buy a car

open a bank account

access said bank account

visit the hospital

do immigration reports

enter Thailand in the first place

get a SIM card

visit any government office

you want to report to the World Press? And if I went to my embassy they'd probably say to be more carefull.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Well to play the devils advocate, now that the data breach has been recognised how do we know it was not a deliberate attempt by this administration, or individuals working for it, that by promoting  the registration process for expats, as many expats would wish for a vaccination, it was only a deliberate guise or trap for them to disclose their personal information, that has now enabled to be accessed by whom  ?

This kind of thing is honey for winnie the pooh and his minions, I bet they were taking notes.

A map of westerners living in Thailand with passport numbers etc is a goldmine for them.

Just now, JamieM said:

This kind of thing is honey for winnie the pooh and his minions, I bet they were taking notes.

A map of westerners living in Thailand with passport numbers etc is a goldmine for them.

Exactly. If I were them who registered I would be a bit worried about the knock on the door after dark. Extreme, you never know,  I hope not the case but there are many parallels to how this corrupt administration is working like others in the past, and not so recent past also. Some of their own people have "disappeared" already, so nothing should be ruled out.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Exactly. If I were them who registered I would be a bit worried about the knock on the door after dark. Extreme, you never know,  I hope not the case but there are many parallels to how this corrupt administration is working like others in the past, and not so recent past also. Some of their own people have "disappeared" already, so nothing should be ruled out.

It's going south fast that's for sure I was reading an interesting article about which way things are going in Thailand which would be removed in about 0.1 seconds if I posted it here so I will dm it to you.

13 minutes ago, Excel said:

And pray tell me why there would be a knock on the door? All that everyone has done is register for a vaccination and there is certainly nothing sinister in that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JamieM said:

They have all that information at IMM anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worrab said:

And pray tell me why there would be a knock on the door? All that everyone has done is register for a vaccination and there is certainly nothing sinister in that. 

Try thinking a bit further down the line in view of the way things are going.

Well that's ok then. Unfortunately history tells a different story , but if you are ok with your personal details being leaked ( to whom ? ), then you shouldn't have any worries - should you ?

2 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Try thinking a bit further down the line in view of the way things are going.

But as has been said elsewhere, they have all that information anyway. They did not need to do this in order to come knocking on your door!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well that's ok then. Unfortunately history tells a different story , but if you are ok with your personal details being leaked ( to whom ? ), then you shouldn't have any worries - should you ?

I never said I was okay with that for one moment. They have all your personal details anyway through banks, Immigration and the like. And at the end of the day, has there been any actual proof of the leak being carried out by shady characters? All they have said is a data breach but that covers any number of things and the content obtained.  

• Like 1

I never said I was okay with that for one moment. They have all your personal details anyway through banks, Immigration and the like. And at the end of the day, has there been any actual proof of the leak being carried out by shady characters? All they have said is a data breach but that covers any number of things and the content obtained.  

Err databases are not linked. Sorry . But anyway if there is nothing to worry about then why bother to comment ?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Err databases are not linked. Sorry . But anyway if there is nothing to worry about then why bother to comment ?

Well it just seems to me that there are loads of comments flying around reckoning hell is about to be let loose on expats without anyone actually having the true facts of this incident!

• Like 1

without anyone actually having the true facts of this incident!

Well peoples personal details including passport numbers addresses and names were available for anyone to see.

That is a fact what am I missing? "pray tell"

33 minutes ago, Excel said:

The Government already has your passport and visa details along with phone number and address. The concern must be about identity theft by full-time criminals, especially people smugglers.

4 hours ago, worrab said:

Would not hurt to expose this country yet again for the sham that it is and the way we get treated as expats!!! 

I have always enjoyed living in this country but this fiasco really is unforgiveable by any stretch of the imagination. The whole programme for vaccinations has been a complete disaster with not one person in government accepting responsibility. All they do is crow on about how everything is under control when in fact it is all falling to pieces around them. And the worst bit is, they do not care!!!

It may be worth also pointing out (to the press) that 1) Thais resident in the UK have and are being vaccinated, no questions asked, and that 2) the rights to manufacture the AZ vaccine were given to Thailand on very favourable terms.

The Guardian may be receptive. May be worth a punt...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieM said:

Yes but they are not exposed on the clearnet for anyone to gather.

That is the same as what I but you have edited out the relevant part of my post. Naughty, naughty!! ????????

• Confused 1