Vaccine registration in Pattaya area.(Expats)

banglay

UPDATE    01/07/2021

Got a email from Bangkok hospital (01/07/2021) saying I can now book the Moderna Vaccine ..Went to the book and pay page ....and got SOLD OUT 

293817751_Screenshot2021-07-01074025.png.5b8cc36a65476217aea72334b3163b7c.png462269800_Screenshot2021-07-01074103.png.fa372d82fbf437cb2470690ef6b6110d.png

Edited by banglay

Same with me.  They opened it for registration at midnight - when I tried to register at 6am - sold out already.  I was hoping to get the Moderna vaccine in the last quarter of this year - it appears if I still want Moderna, it will not be until next year. ????

It make me reconsider going ahead with the AstraZeneca from the Gov't roll out since I am over 60 and underlying medical conditions putting me in the high risk category.  BUT, so far no way to register for those of us living in Pattaya. ????

On 6/24/2021 at 10:49 AM, Leaver said:

I have health insurance, and I gather a large percentage of expats here are the same.

Given our insurance companies have a financial interest in seeing their policy holders do not fall ill to covid, I'm wondering if we all shouldn't send off a brief email asking if they could intervene in some way to make vaccinations available to their policy holders. 

Even if the health insurance company buys the vaccine on behalf of policy holders.  

It only takes one policy holder to be in ICU for 2 weeks, or longer, and the cost of that hospital stay and treatment could have covered thousands of vaccines here.  

Good luck with that, pls report how you get on.

54 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Same with me.  They opened it for registration at midnight - when I tried to register at 6am - sold out already.  I was hoping to get the Moderna vaccine in the last quarter of this year - it appears if I still want Moderna, it will not be until next year. ????

It make me reconsider going ahead with the AstraZeneca from the Gov't roll out since I am over 60 and underlying medical conditions putting me in the high risk category.  BUT, so far no way to register for those of us living in Pattaya. ????

If you can get the AZ vacine ,i had mine 3 weeks ago ,its a good vacine ,oh and it was free ,lol

2 hours ago, banglay said:

UPDATE    01/07/2021

Got a email from Bangkok hospital (01/07/2021) saying I can now book the Moderna Vaccine ..Went to the book and pay page ....and got SOLD OUT 

293817751_Screenshot2021-07-01074025.png.5b8cc36a65476217aea72334b3163b7c.png462269800_Screenshot2021-07-01074103.png.fa372d82fbf437cb2470690ef6b6110d.png

Same here; BHP, just like Pattaya Memorial is just playing games with us.  I suppose the rationale is so they can gauge interest in how people will respond to Moderna being offered privately, but it is a disgraceful way to do it...like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey! 

That is the tactic that's being used in the countless expat registration schemes to date!  Just baiting us with no intention of actually registering anyone at all!

DISGRACEFUL TACTIC !!!

donkey.jpg.6189dc1dc3952f7b15b02f9c44327de3.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

49 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It seems that the Thai language notice about Moderna from BHP was posted at least 5 hours before the English language version. No wonder so few farangs managed to get a booking.

I did read the Thai version and clicked through the QR code and this is what I got last night...a blank order page:

IMG_1585.thumb.png.9ff1a6a4a71444eff09c2aa74704e87e.png

AND THEN THIS IS WHAT I GOT THIS MORNING:

524009056_IMG_15872.thumb.png.8b11a30fb6e3c370d668b8e055d74814.png

COMPLETE SCAM!!!

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I did read the Thai version last night and IMMEDIATELY clicked through the QR code and this is what I got last night...a blank order page:

IMG_1585.thumb.png.9ff1a6a4a71444eff09c2aa74704e87e.png

AND THEN THIS IS WHAT I GOT THIS MORNING:

524009056_IMG_15872.thumb.png.8b11a30fb6e3c370d668b8e055d74814.png

COMPLETE DAMN SCAM...JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER EXPAT REGISTRATION SCHEMES.  WE ARE BEING PLAYED BIG-TIME !@#$%

Actually you are wrong in your assumptions.

The 'Moderna product' was shown on the Line Shopping app at 12.01am

By 12.23am I had registered for my whole family (4 complete doses, and booster for me). The process was quite simple.

I received confirmation this morning by Line message of approval and payment.

PS: I was told there were only 5,000 doses initially (ie: last night).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Actually you are wrong in your assumptions.

The 'Moderna product' was shown on the Line Shopping app at 12.01am

By 12.23am I had registered for my whole family (4 complete doses, and booster for me). The process was quite simple.

I received confirmation this morning by Line message of approval and payment.

PS: I was told there were only 5,000 doses initially (ie: last night).

Well you were lucky but my assumptions are not wrong. There are actually ZERO doses available right now.  The Private Hospital Association has not even ordered Moderna yet, and BHP stated that they were using this registration scheme to determine how much Moderna they should order.

If you are correct that they shut down registration when they reached 5,000 doses, that is simply absurd for them to do that...unless their real goal was only gathering data to determine market demand! 

Obviously they are going to order much more than only 5,000 doses, and just as obviously, there is no reason to limit registration to only 5,000 since all that this registration scheme really amounts to is to put people on a waiting list for a vaccination that will not even occur until October at the very earliest.

At best, this was simply a trial balloon so that BHP could gauge demand, and nothing more. 

And furthermore, I wouldn't be at all surprised if those that were able to register, get a text message in the next week or so saying that their registration has been cancelled, just like what happened with the Pattaya Memorial hospital registration that I successfully registered for, and then received a cancellation a couple for weeks later.

The fact is that the private hospitals seem to be acting in an even more deceptive manner than the public registration schemes have been guilty of!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well you were lucky but my assumptions are not wrong. There are actually ZERO doses available right now.  The Private Hospital Association has not even ordered Moderna yet, and BHP stated that they were using this registration scheme to determine how much Moderna they should order.

If you are correct that they shut down registration when they reached 5,000 doses, that is simply absurd for them to do that...unless their real goal was only gathering data to determine market demand! 

Obviously they are going to order much more than only 5,000 doses, and just as obviously, there is no reason to limit registration to only 5,000 since all that this registration scheme really amounts to is to put people on a waiting list for a vaccination that will not even occur until October at the very earliest.

At best, this was simply a trial balloon so that BHP could gauge demand, and nothing more. 

And furthermore, I wouldn't be at all surprised if those that were able to register, get a text message in the next week or so saying that their registration has been cancelled, just like what happened with the Pattaya Memorial hospital registration that I successfully registered for, and then received a cancellation a couple for weeks later.

The fact is that the private hospitals seem to be acting in an even more deceptive manner than the public registration schemes have been guilty of!

Anything else negative to say or complain off......

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Why didn't you just order the Moderna rather than fly back to UK? seems like a waste of time and money and maybe trouble coming back

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Who me?  Why should I complain about anything?  Everything is just fine here in ChonBuri province. 

All my other fellow expats are just thrilled with how the vaccination registration is going.  Why would any of us, many of which are at very high risk of infection complain after ONLY 6 failed attempts to register, repeated unfulfilled promises from CCSA that we will not be forgotten, and weeks of frustration?

No, everything is just fine and dandy!  And if you really believe that, I have a bridge located in Brooklyn New York I'd like to interest you in buying LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why didn't you just order the Moderna rather than fly back to UK? seems like a waste of time and money and maybe trouble coming back

Staying here rather than flying back home for vaccination should be a no-brainer for anyone with an IQ above the double digits....under normal circumstances. 

Unfortunately the situation in Thailand is anything but normal as far as the vaccination registration of expats  goes.  I'm not even talking about getting vaccinated; I'm talking about simply being able to register to be vaccinated!  It has become a complete fiasco!

As for returning to the US, conservatively speaking I figured the cost for me to return to the US would be at the very least US$ 5,000 (probably considerably more), involve at least 6 weeks of wasted time, possible quarantine time both entering the US, and again when returning, and putting myself at high risk of infection by travelling as an unvaccinated person.

Unfortunately, the registration schemes here is Thailand are NOT WORKING for expats.  6 failed attempts now, and no good news on the horizon for things to get any better in the near future.  Unless things radically change (I'm still hoping the will), it could easily be well into the first quarter of 2022 before many of us will be vaccinated.  THAT IS NOT A GOOD SCENARIO AT ALL.

I now this is Thailand and not a Western country, but even by Thai standards, this whole registration fiasco for expats is just plain INSANE!

Edited by WaveHunter

17 minutes ago, pontious said:

Only the online is closed at BPH. You can still register and pay in person. I did today -it was packed and took me 7 hours in the queue .!!

I dearly wish to register but there is no way I'm going to queue up with strangers in tight proximity for 7 hours!  I hope you have good Covid insurance ????

Also if what you say is true it begs the question...Why would they shut down online registration which is 100% safe from infection and instead allow in person queues lasting for hours that runs an incredible risk of infection?

This whole registration debacle just gets more and more outlandish!  I mean the people in charge of this must have IQ's way below the double digit level to allow for such a dangerous thing to happen when online registration is 100% risk free.

JUST PLAIN INSANE1

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I dearly wish to register but there is no way I'm going to queue up with strangers in tight proximity for 7 hours!  I hope you have good Covid insurance ????

It was not tight - it was better than immigration. Everyone was well spaced and I came now and then to check on the number. You whinge and moan but when given the opportunity to do it back down. You  say you ''dearly wish  to register'' but cannot be bothered to get off your ass to do it. Go tomorrow and be first in the queue.  No I did not think so.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pontious said:

Only the online is closed at BPH. You can still register and pay in person. I did today -it was packed and took me 7 hours in the queue .!!

May I ask you when was that today (01.07.2021) ? We (Thai Wife and myself) have been there at about 13:30 and there was no queue at all. But we were told that we could not register and pay in person either !! And we were referred to a "next time" without giving a clue when that could be.

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

May I ask you when was that today (01.07.2021) ? We (Thai Wife and myself) have been there at about 13:30 and there was no queue at all. But we were told that we could not register and pay in person either !! And we were referred to a "next time" without giving a clue when that could be.

Today. -They were still serving people at 4 pm when I left. You sure you went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital.?

2 minutes ago, pontious said:

Today. -They were still serving people at 4 pm when I left. You sure you went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital.?

Very sure. At Sukhumvit. I unfortunately have to go there quite often. They said that in the morning there were some registrations but they stopped taking any. And no idea when they would take them up again they said. They said as well that today a big crowd of French nationals had been vaccinated. Surely because of their program initiated by the embassy.

We were not alone by the way, some other (Thai) people could not register, either. I will have some regular appointments there soon anyway and at that time I will seek to see the management.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Interesting, reminds me of the guy who said farang can go to Pattaya City Hospital to register and he just had, i go there and they say no farang. I think some people are dreamers and just tell porkies

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting, reminds me of the guy who said farang can go to Pattaya City Hospital to register and he just had, i go there and they say no farang. I think some people are dreamers and just tell porkies

But if it is true there will be an aftermath. The boss is German I think, and so am I. Will have a nice smalltalk in our native language. I am a quite good customer of his hospital.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

One of the reasons is i'm 100% sure i'll get it done on the date and time i've been told and another is i want it properly fully documented to assist travelling, there's no telling what mickey mouse paperwork you'll get here if you do indeed ever receive a vaccine.

Thanks for asking tho.

58 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

As for returning to the US, conservatively speaking I figured the cost for me to return to the US would be at the very least US$ 5,000 (probably considerably more), involve at least 6 weeks of wasted time, possible quarantine time both entering the US, and again when returning, and putting myself at high risk of infection by travelling as an unvaccinated person.

It's a small amount of time and money if you're that concerned about it.

you're comment about being an unvaccinated person is a mute point as that's what you'll remain here along with the vast majority of the population for a long time yet...

Unless you never leave your place of abode you're at risk everywhere you go, on a flight or not.

5 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, I want to complain about the whole miserable clusterf**k that is the Thai government Covid epidemic mismanagement. OK?

OK, sure.....does it make you feel better, does it improve the situation.......yeah, did n't think so.

Good luck.

I went to Ban Chang Rayong (not far from Pattaya) local state hospital yesterday to get, or at least register for, a CV19 vaccine first jab.  I was told in no uncertain terms that it was only for Thais or for falangs with a pink ID card (is that a work permit?) !!!!  Surely my passport with a full up to date legal family or retirement visa and or a Thai driving license should obviously be sufficient to validate the fact that my home is here in Thailand and nowhere else.  Surely a falang who is working here is most likely to be under 60 and unlikely to be a vulnerable person so surely not such an urgent requirement for a CV19 vaccination!!!  So as I understand it an under 50 fit Thai person with clearly little Covid vulnerability can jump ahead of genuinely vulnerable falangs like myself and many other similar expat retirees here who do not have pink ID cards or work permits yet have lived here legally for many years (18 years in my case).   I retired here in 2003 with no other home in the UK or anywhere else other than here in Thailand which is my home with my Thai wife and family. I have these days a Thai Family (spouse) visa extended each year in accordance with fully met legal non immigrant visa requirements.

I absolutely lost my cool and exploded with the poor unfortunate hospital staff (clearly not their own fault as they do not make the rules but who else can I rant at as nobody else more senior and responsible would make themselves available ) as this is unacceptable and tantamount to clear racism which made my blood boil and pressure rise !!!!   I have lived happily in Thailand for a long time with many good excellent Thai friends who are certainly far from racist, so I was shocked and horrified at this intolerable response.  A friend of my wife who is Thai has lived in England for the past 4 years and married to an English friend of mine and she not only has had many weeks ago her CV19 vaccine shots free there but also gets full free UK national health service benefits too.  I actually do not expect to get my vaccine shots free here, although of course I pay tax on everything I buy here, but expect to take my place in the normal common non racist based queue ordered solely by the individual's degree of Covid vulnerability, and then cover the cost of the vaccine shots which should be about 300 to 500 Baht each looking at worldwide good safe vaccine costs from the non big greedy pharma sources like the excellent Sinovac (I would not touch a potentially dangerous experimental mRNA vaccine anyway as even at 75 I still have my full mental faculties and keep informed !!)  

An elderly vulnerable friend up country went to his local state hospital. not pre registered and just with his passport and without waiting more than 30 minutes got his first AZ shot. That is how it should be subject to them having supplies and why when I was told they are now issuing CV19 vaccine jabs here, I went up to the local hospital yesterday with passport and registered hospital card in hand to hopefully get my first shot .  The most vulnerable no matter what race, culture, religion, colour, nationality etc should clearly as in most countries be vaccinated first or of course only after medical front line workers.  I do not want to jump any queue or buy my way to the front of any such healthcare queue (something I find absolutely intolerable and tantamount to the actions of spoiled brats) but I do want to take my rightful place in the vaccination queues.  I am 75, have diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease CKD (though both under control) and overweight at 110 Kgs (sure somewhat my own fault due to difficult physical mobility), but I drink very little,do not smoke and try to eat good healthy foods most of the time and am otherwise healthy with a good strong heart and circulation.  So doctors tell me I am very high on the vulnerability list for Covid infections as getting infected would be very dodgy for me, though mathematically here in Rayong the chance of catching CV19 has to be pretty low though it is still of course very real and certainly not what some misguided folk call a plandemic !!!!. 

So we must get through to the what seems a very badly organised Thai government here to get this serious problem properly sorted very urgently.  The way to end lockdown ASAP is to get people vaccinated quickly with the most vulnerable first of course to rapidly reduce the risks of overstretched hospitals and deaths.  Once all those most vulnerable are vaccinated then there is as we know little risk of death and hospitalisation for the normal healthy under 60s, though of course they need vaccinating too soon after the most vulnerable.  This is how the vaccines have been rolled out surprisingly efficiently in the UK where despite the new Delta variant affecting quite a few there now, (though almost all those effected are the unvaccinated), the lockdown is expected to completely end later this month there. So surely an intelligent caring Government here would learn from where it has been successfully implemented like the UK and get Thailand back on its feet ASAP and where it should be, happy and successful again.  Does that not make clear common sense ???

Edited by rayw
typos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think it's more the case of people being told different things depending on when and who they talk to.  Case in point, my Thai partner and I went to Pattaya International Hospital to try to sign up for Moderna in October.  Told the jabs were all spoken for.  Ok.  We then asked if there was a sign-up list we could get on for the next allotment.  No, there wasn't.  Later I read on T-V that a poster also went to PIH, got the same jabs all filled information, but was allowed to sign-up for the next allotment.  So, two different outcomes and it didn't seem to matter that my partner and I have used PIH a number of times and are registered there.

Currently there are several different outcomes posted regarding registering in person for Moderna at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.   One poster said if you got there early this morning before 8am they signed up 250 and then stopped signing any more up.  Another poster said he was able to sign up after waiting 7 hours in a long line.  A third said he went with hos wife around 1:30 and was unable to sign up.  Three different outcomes just with those who took the time to post.  

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

But if it is true there will be an aftermath. The boss is German I think, and so am I. Will have a nice smalltalk in our native language. I am a quite good customer of his hospital.

Yeah  !! And if you don't get the vaccine you will invade Poland lol

• Haha 1