Vaccine registration in Pattaya area.(Expats)

banglay

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

I thought I'd have a look at the ThailandIntervac/expatriate website again, but it's vanished and you just get redirected to the old version. Is this good news, that they're working like beavers to fix things so have taken the expatriate version completely offline? Or is it just that they don't give a rat's ass?

Both sites are still online, but only as static pages with no way to interact with either.  If you refresh the intervac/expat page, it will roll over to the old site.  So really, nothing has changed or been improved. 

In other words...SAME SAME.  I don;t think they are doing anything to fix the site.

What I hope may be happening (as slim of a hope as it may be) is that for those that were able to go back in and fix their registrations, even though data did not seem to stick when you came back to check later, I noticed that the warning message that your registration was incomplete had disappeared.

So, I'm thinking perhaps those who had this happen may, in fact,  actually be registered, and the site administrator is not allowing new registrations until the present ones are provided with appointments.  And then a new batch of registrations will be allowed.

I know that logically they should have stated that on the website if it actually happened this way, but nothing they have done so far has been logical.

I know my logic is a stretch, but the only other explanation is that the site administrators are so incompetent that it defies imagination ????

Edited by WaveHunter

On 6/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, MrJ2U said:

I've registered at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital for the Moderna vaccine.  They said October-December for the vaccines to arrive.

Unfortunately they said the government is the middle man.

Price was 3,800 baht. 

18 and over only

I just got a LINE from Rajapreuk in Khon Kaen saying the same. 

On 6/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Tony125 said:

Because Thailand has been slow to vaccinate a majority of its population, it provides an environment for exposure to covid 19 variants. With limited studies not all covid 19 vaccines have the same efficacy against variants:

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-variants-india-south-africa-brazil-uk-2021-5

1510842759_VacvsVariants.JPG.d0d1114e18488a85c793a1d9ab2edda8.JPG

No medical comfort level yet with SinoVac.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Because Thailand has been slow to vaccinate a majority of its population, it provides an environment for exposure to covid 19 variants. With limited studies not all covid 19 vaccines have the same efficacy against variants:

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-variants-india-south-africa-brazil-uk-2021-5

1510842759_VacvsVariants.JPG.d0d1114e18488a85c793a1d9ab2edda8.JPG

No medical comfort level yet with SinoVac.

I was reading a lancet report and it gave the AZ vacine a much higher rating than76% for the virus ,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Private hospitals are required to purchase vaccines through the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) as vaccine makers are only allowed to sell to a government under "emergency use" approvals.

Per articles citing statements by the Private Hospital Association of Thailand, hospitals will be purchasing the Moderna vaccine, but first they must negotiate with the maker as to number of doses, price, and date(s) they will receive it. Once that process is completed, they will advise the GPO to make the purchase for them.  

They continue to state that vaccines will not be available until the last quarter of this year with October being the earliest. Further, that the cost will be about 3,800 baht inclusive of both doses.

Sounds nice in theory, but I am sure there's a baht to be corruptly made in the background.  TiT.  

On 6/18/2021 at 6:21 AM, jacko45k said:

Did they ever have any to be out of?

No.... they have never had any vaccines yet at BPH,  as i was told by their customer relations dept.. a week ago

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Just back from Pattaya International Hospital.  They are no longer taking registrations for vaccines.  Registration filled up yesterday.

Wonder what number they used to cap it?

13 hours ago, bradiston said:

Interesting. I went there to register months ago. Was told they didn't even have enough to jab the hospital staff.

Over that period of time they were able to build the manufacturing plant for the vaccine.5555

13 hours ago, bradiston said:

Interesting. I went there to register months ago. Was told they didn't even have enough to jab the hospital staff.

As far as I know they don't have vaccine.  This was registration for Moderna sometime down the road--likely October or beyond.

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

As far as I know they don't have vaccine.  This was registration for Moderna sometime down the road--likely October or beyond.

The same as Memorial then. What price, any idea? Memorial were demanding 4000 THB up front not including doctors fees, probably 300 THB. It was supposed to retail at under 3000 THB, all inclusive.

38 minutes ago, bradiston said:

The same as Memorial then. What price, any idea? Memorial were demanding 4000 THB up front not including doctors fees, probably 300 THB. It was supposed to retail at under 3000 THB, all inclusive.

We never got to the point of price--I haven't heard a price mentioned for PIH.  We were told registration was closed, there was no way to be put on a waiting list according to the staff we talked to, so that was that.  

17 hours ago, newnative said:

No.  Pattaya International Hospital on Pattaya Soi 4.

I contacted them in late May by phone and was never even given any indication they were taking registrations from foreigner ???? 

I was given the classic line, "Check our website for future developments".  This whole vaccine rollout (both public and private) is about the most illogical, disorganized and irresponsible thing I've ever seen in my life!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Actually, the Private Hospital Association (which is procuring the vaccine for the 200 member private hospitals) mandated a price of 3800 THB.  Pattaya Memorial probably got in trouble with the PHA by announcing the higher price and demanding payment in advance, and that's probably the real reason they suddenly did their flip-flop in taking registrations.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

This whole vaccine rollout (both public and private) is about the most illogical, disorganized and irresponsible thing I've ever seen in my life!

New here?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Actually, the Private Hospital Association (which is procuring the vaccine for the 200 member private hospitals) mandated a price of 3800 THB.  Pattaya Memorial probably got in trouble with the PHA by announcing the higher price and demanding payment in advance, and that's probably the real reason they suddenly did their flip-flop in taking registrations.

So are they returning deposits?

21 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

15 hours ago, bradiston said:

So are they returning deposits?

I don't think they ever got any deposits.  They retracted the offer in less than 24 hours of announcing it.

37 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:
  21 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I don't think they ever got any deposits.  They retracted the offer in less than 24 hours of announcing it.

No they didn't! I got an SMS from them as I was previously registered. When I went there on day two of the announcement there weren't that many people there, but I asked about it. That's when they told me 4000 payable up front, for a possible October delivery. I passed as I had another less reliable but totally acceptable jab booked elsewhere.

But out of curiosity I went back several days later and there were a lot of people queuing to book. I guess this was spread over a week. The next day, they closed their books. So yes, I'd say they were taking bookings for a week at least.

I don't know about the PHA's involvement. It's the first I've heard about it. Way back when, the price was supposed to be 3000 all in. The question is, why haven't all the private hospitals followed suit? Is the Memorial offer a hoax? Or just something they hope to make good on in the future?

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

No they didn't! I got an SMS from them as I was previously registered. When I went there on day two of the announcement there weren't that many people there, but I asked about it. That's when they told me 4000 payable up front, for a possible October delivery. I passed as I had another less reliable but totally acceptable jab booked elsewhere.

But out of curiosity I went back several days later and there were a lot of people queuing to book. I guess this was spread over a week. The next day, they closed their books. So yes, I'd say they were taking bookings for a week at least.

I don't know about the PHA's involvement. It's the first I've heard about it. Way back when, the price was supposed to be 3000 all in. The question is, why haven't all the private hospitals followed suit? Is the Memorial offer a hoax? Or just something they hope to make good on in the future?

Sorry but you are incorrect.  I registered with them back at the end of May and had a number of email exchanges with them, with them assuring me each time that I was indeed registered and that they would contact me when they were ready to issue appointments.

Then a few days ago I got the Text message saying I must come in and register, and also pay in advance.  When I reminded them I was already registered, they said I would need to re-register in person and pay, but that I could come in anytime up until June 25.

And then less than 24 hours later I got a second text message saying that booking was now closed with no further explanation.  WHen I emailed them requesting an explanation they did not reply, even though formerly, they had promptly replied to every email I sent...so obviously something very odd has happened.

I don't think PMH was being deceptive in accepting registrations by email (which is what they had me do after a lengthy phone conversation with them back in May), and I don;t think they were up to no good in setting the 4000THB price and asking for it in advance.  But I do think they were incredibly misinformed about the PHA terms, and I think it was ethically wrong of them to demand payment in advance for a vaccine that has not even been ordered yet, and could be months away from being administered.

FYI, The PHA is in charge of procuring the vaccines through Thailand's Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) on behalf of its member hospitals and THEY are the ones that set the terms, not Pattaya Memorial.  Private hospitals can not procur the vaccines on their own.  The PHA published a press release about two weeks ago that specifically set the price at 3800 THB for ALL member hospitals, and also provided clear rules that the hospitals had to abide by, which PMH violated. 

So, it kind of makes sense they would suddenly do a complete turnabout on registration and use such a flimsy excuse since there was no inventory of vaccine for them to set a quota of how many could register.

All in all, it's just another example of how screwed up BOTH public and private rollout of vaccines is going here in Thailand.  It really is shameful, especially for expats to just be kept in limbo like this  .

I mean when you compare the percentage of the population that has been vaccinated to date in Thailand compared with the Asian region, surrounding countries and the world, this is nothing to be proud of.

1462399715_snapshot_2021-06-23at1_27_16PM.jpg.bf32047f32065e72b8676e6c9da129b3.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Sorry but you are incorrect.  I registered with them back at the end of May and had a number of email exchanges with them, with them assuring me each time that I was indeed registered and that they would contact me when they were ready to issue appointments.

Then a few days ago I got the Text message saying I must come in and register, and also pay in advance.  When I reminded them I was already registered, they said I would need to re-register in person and pay, but that I could come in anytime up until June 25.

And them less than 24 hours later I got a second text message saying that booking was now closed with no further explanation.

The PHA is in charge of producing the vaccines on behalf of it's member hospitals and THEY are the ones that set the terms, not Pattaya Memorial.  They released a press release about two weeks ago that specifically set the price at 3800 THB for ALL member hospitals.

I don't think PMH was being deceptive in accepting registrations by email (which is what they had me do after a lengthy phone conversation with them back in May), and I don;t think they were up to no good in setting the 4000THB price and asking for it in advance.  But I do think they were incredibly misinformed about the PHA terms, and I think it was ethically wrong of them to demand payment in adance for a vaccine that has not even been ordered yet, and could be months away from being administered.

All in all, it's just another example of how screwed up BOTH public and private rollout of vaccines is going here in Thailand.  It really is shameful, especially for expats to just be kept in limbo like this  .

I mean when you compare the percentage of the population that has been vaccinated to date in Thailand compared with the Asian region, surrounding countries and the world, this is nothing to be proud of.

1462399715_snapshot_2021-06-23at1_27_16PM.jpg.bf32047f32065e72b8676e6c9da129b3.jpg

Yes, apologies, some kind of time warp. I got the SMS on 17th and the closure notice on 19th. Odd, it seemed longer.

But I still don't see the involvement of the PHA anywhere. Did Memorial ever mention them? And like I said before, why is there a resounding silence from all the other 200 members, excepting, apparently, International.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Yes, apologies, some kind of time warp. I got the SMS on 17th and the closure notice on 19th. Odd, it seemed longer.

But I still don't see the involvement of the PHA anywhere. Did Memorial ever mention them? And like I said before, why is there a resounding silence from all the other 200 members, excepting, apparently, International.

Well it's certainly not your fault.  Everything is so confused, contradictory, and illogical right now with all of this that I feel like we're living in the Twilight Zone or something! 

As for PHA involvement, like everything here, it's almost like it was a secret announcement or something, being only reported from a couple of news sources, but NEVER mentioned by the CCSA.  It was on the PHA website, but only in Thai, not English.  Figure that, an announcement that was mostly of interest to foreigners, but not written in English???

For the last month the CCSA has been making their daily briefings in English, promising that more details would be provided about which hospitals foreigners could register at, yet, with the exception of several hospitals in Bangkok, no details for other provinces was ever provided, and now those English briefings rarely even mention vaccination registration for expats.

It's really beginning to seem like all these promises being made to foreigners are nothing more than hollow public relations efforts to make us think things are happening for us, when in fact nothing is happening for us at all.  I don't like to believe that, but it gets harder and harder every day to believe otherwise.

I'm really starting to feel that the only solution is to go back home to get vaccinated (and maybe just not come back to this crazy place...ever)

Edited by WaveHunter

I just received this email from the US Embassy today so I thought I'd share it here.  Take it for what it's worth, as I'm beginning to feel jaded about anything remotely sounding like good news. 

Click on the image to enlarge it; below the image aer links if you want to follow up with anything mentioned in the email.

1708005786_snapshot_2021-06-23at3_05_51PM.jpg.7ef6f2bcc8126bae4a2ac2d90e2a282c.jpg

If you are an American Citizen, please write an email to [email protected], outlining your grievances about the current expat vaccination situation here in Thailand.

The email I received today indicates they are now responding to Americans about this problem, whereas only a week ago, they were not.

As they put it in an email to me, "...Your input allows the American Citizens Services unit to better assist U.S. citizens in Thailand by providing real-world examples we can use in our advocacy with the Thai government. ..."

It only takes a few minutes of your time, ya know?

LINKS:

Edited by WaveHunter

I have health insurance, and I gather a large percentage of expats here are the same.

Given our insurance companies have a financial interest in seeing their policy holders do not fall ill to covid, I'm wondering if we all shouldn't send off a brief email asking if they could intervene in some way to make vaccinations available to their policy holders. 

Even if the health insurance company buys the vaccine on behalf of policy holders.  

It only takes one policy holder to be in ICU for 2 weeks, or longer, and the cost of that hospital stay and treatment could have covered thousands of vaccines here.  

• Haha 1