Online appeal launched to fly home elderly British man taken seriously ill in Korat

webfact

Ojas no worries. GoFund Me will sort it all out, and the family, back in the UK, will be relieved that none of the fall out from this mess will affect their life lives financially. That's what GoFundMe is all about.

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

Did we ever find out if he had a Thai spouse,

what did we find out his back Story in Thailand 

You will only find out what the family want you to find out and then it will  be lathered up to suit their agenda.

On 6/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, puchooay said:

Why did it take that long?

I was registered with a GP and obtained my NHS number within 2 weeks.

I went with same GP but It meant nothing … They had racked costs against me until they accepted my documentation

On 6/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, puchooay said:

I didn't get away with anything.

I went by the book, completed the forms and got registered with a GP and received a NHS number. As did my daughter who holds a UK passport and as did my wife who has a biometrics card.

We followed the rules and that is that.

Oh you got away with it alright … 2 weeks !!! … Luck .. Pure Luck

35 minutes ago, puchooay said:

On a previous visit my wife had become ill and needed hospital treatment.

36 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Bearing in mind we had paid over £1000 NHS surcharge for her

A foreigner is not charged for emergency treatment.

4 minutes ago, puchooay said:

The £1000 surcharge was part of her settlement visa application.

You never explained the surcharge very well. The surcharge was for her visa application, correct?

How much you have to pay

You’ll have to pay:

• £470 per year for a student or Youth Mobility Scheme visa, for example £940 for a 2-year visa
  • £470 per year for visa and immigration applicants who are under the age of 18 at time of application
  • £624 per year for all other visa and immigration applications, for example £3,120 for a 5-year visa

Dependants aged 18 or over usually need to pay the same amount as you.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You never explained the surcharge very well. The surcharge was for her visa application, correct?

8 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I did not say she was.

The £1000 surcharge was part of her settlement visa application.

I think you'll find it is explained here. Very well in fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Ojas no worries. GoFund Me will sort it all out, and the family, back in the UK, will be relieved that none of the fall out from this mess will affect their life lives financially. That's what GoFundMe is all about.

To quote from the OP:-

"The family hope to raise £20,000 but have been told by the Foreign Office the cost for Mr Short to return to the UK could be as much as £80,000."

Meaning that they might need to raise up to a further £500 (roughly equal to 20,000 THB) to pay for an overstay fine upon his eventual departure from Thailand. Small beer, of course, in the wider scheme of things -  but there is IMHO no getting away from the brutal fact that the poor chap is a hostage to fortune if his family are relying on GoFundMe to cover all his unspecified extra costs (which include medical treatment here in Thailand as well as repatriation back to the UK).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1