Do you ever confront mask shirkers in Thailand?

Jingthing

8 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Last night I was at a 200-person orgy and there was this one lady not wearing a mask.....

oh, wait.......let me start over.

So my friend was at this........

That was Johnny, dresses as a lady.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

It is not so much about science. It is a dress code that others expect from you showing them that you care (too). It is not only health but also politeness. 

Surely it's ONLY the science that matters? That's supposedly what's going to save us.

Not having to wear some uniform like you're a schoolkid still.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tifino said:

and then there's those nincompoops who are inside the shopping plaza... with a mask on their head... be that: under nose, under chin, hanging off one ear...

- yeah fair enough if they are eating/drinking something; but it is those who have it somewhere useless on their head that boasts back to the 'Official' that they have a mask exemption!!  

- que??     

(why have a mask on your head at all/ if you are exempted from wearing one)  

So put mask on, enter mall,

5 minutes later, sitting with group of friends, eating and drinking without masks for around 1 hour

Put mask on, exit mall

Makes sense ??

10 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Singaporeans were trained by their government decades ago to follow the law. I well remember flying through Singapore many years ago, and having hair cut by immigration officials before allowing me to enter as it was below my collar, and chewing gum was banned, that was confiscated as well.

An obedient and compliant population

Ah, yes a very old question ... what, as a society, do we accept in the name of living in peace and with justice acceptable to the vast majority of us? Polio shots and on sugar cubes when I was in school (although this was my parents decision). A US Draft law when I graduated from high school, some refused by going to Canada or jail (Muhammed Ali).. Then there is that tax thingy. Walt Whitman and others, for stated reasons, refused to pay and went to jail. For me, I am a reasonable, educated individual ... make the case as to the need for the benefit of the mass majority. On the other hand, as a matter of social control, as currently being practiced in the Peoples Republic of China, and I would be breaking laws without question. Hell, I have already found myself in Facebook jail for challenging US copyright law (in addition to government control there is corporate promoted law). This is presented only as a matter of consideration.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

A US Draft law when I graduated from high school, some refused by going to Canada or jail (Muhammed Ali).

...and some poor souls suffered terribly from bone spurs on their heels.......agony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I had an interesting encounter the other day, I got into a lift with a guy, I had a mask on, other guy in the lift had it on his chin.. The guy insisted on telling me that the mask does nothing etc.

My response was to thank the guy for understanding, I explained that I actually have covid at the moment and having trouble breathing, so very much appreciate being able to remove my mask.

I remove the mask.

The guys mask went straight on, he backed away and literally stop breathing until we reached his floor, and exited the lift very quickly.

Absolutely brilliant! I love it.

Good job.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's not what he's saying IMO. It's YOUR responsibility to protect yourself and family, not everyone else's to protect YOU, and I agree.

Too many nanny state believers in the world IMO.

I don't even know why you took my post seriously as I ended it with

hahahhahhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

i don't understand your comment, but it's a comment on a joke.  

Irony:

Today I had to do some business with my Thai gf.   One lady (out of four) is very concerned about me and COVID.   Asking 1000s of questions about what I was doing months ago.....soo strange. it was slightly insulting, but there was an error on one of our forms so maybe that triggered something (wrong date).  

She was NOT wearing a mask, I was.

An hour into the conversation she left and came back with two masks on.  lol

I'll never really understand anything.....lol

Edited by Ventenio
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

...and some poor souls suffered terribly from bone spurs on their heels.......agony.

They say constant pain like that can drive a person insane.

Now I believe it. Does it also turn skin orange?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I had an interesting encounter the other day, I got into a lift with a guy, I had a mask on, other guy in the lift had it on his chin.. The guy insisted on telling me that the mask does nothing etc.

My response was to thank the guy for understanding, I explained that I actually have covid at the moment and having trouble breathing, so very much appreciate being able to remove my mask.

I remove the mask.

The guys mask went straight on, he backed away and literally stop breathing until we reached his floor, and exited the lift very quickly.

Did you apologise to him for your ignoring the current Covid regulations by not isolating when you know you are infected?

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did you apologise to him for your ignoring the current Covid regulations by not isolating when you know you are infected?

You do realise I dont actually have covid, I just took the opportunity to throw it back at an anti-mask nutter, who was trying to confront me for wearing a mask.

Judging by the look on his face, I think he may now be a convert

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

So put mask on, enter mall,

5 minutes later, sitting with group of friends, eating and drinking without masks for around 1 hour

Put mask on, exit mall

Makes sense ??

Utter w a n k  aren't they.

Edited by Ralf001