Do you ever confront mask shirkers in Thailand?

Jingthing

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume there is a law that says Singaporean's must wear one in public, and as I doubt anyone in Singapore would ignore a rule to wear one, IMO the situation would not arise.

There's at least one, Singapore's infamous badge lady:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 6:13 AM, RJRS1301 said:

. I well remember flying through Singapore many years ago, and having hair cut by immigration officials before allowing me to enter as it was below my collar

Your  post reminds me of an acquaintance who complained about his  lifetime jobless brother (69 years old) who was turned back by Singapore Immigration because of his hair and dirty appearance.   This lad   actually gets his daily  food from dumpster diving.   

The truth was that his appearance was dirty looking and his hair was down to his shoulders.     Singapore can be criticized for  requiring an adherence to  laws but when  visiting the place I didn't get the feeling anything was oppressive.   

The most impressive feeling I got from Singapore is "everything works".  

Even traffic mitigation is so seamless it  almost seems there are no obstructions  in the first place.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Your  post reminds me of an acquaintance who complained about his  lifetime jobless brother (69 years old) who was turned back by Singapore Immigration because of his hair and dirty appearance.   This lad   actually gets his daily  food from dumpster diving.   

The truth was that his appearance was dirty looking and his hair was down to his shoulders.     Singapore can be criticized for  requiring an adherence to  laws but when  visiting the place I didn't get the feeling anything was oppressive.   

Even traffic mitigation is so seamless it  almost seems there are no obstructions  in the first place.

Agree.

My biggest shock on returning to home country after 2 years in Singapore was how scruffy people were. Singaporeans were fastidious about looking smart in the city. I was also unused to seeing fat people.

After 2 years of a disciplined country the extent of lawlessness at home was also shocking. No gangs visible in Singapore, and all over the place at home.

3 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

True - but the place struck me as being way way too Sterile

I like a little bit of dirty - oopps, I changed the subject !!! 555

• Like 2

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

True - but the place struck me as being way way too Sterile

I like a little bit of dirty - oopps, I changed the subject !!! 555

I was lucky to live in Singapore in the early 70s before it went sterile. Bugis Street was "dirty" enough for anyone.

There was also Virgin's Corner in Nee Soon, but that's too dirty to write about on here.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was lucky to live in Singapore in the early 70s before it went sterile. Bugis Street was "dirty" enough for anyone.

There was also Virgin's Corner in Nee Soon, but that's too dirty to write about on here.

You still got Orchard Towers.... Many Th girls in there....