Barking Dogs

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Neeranam cannot help regarding dogs outside your gate, but your own dogs muzzle them.

2 of my dogs used to bark at night, when they saw/ heard dogs outside the gate.

I went on Lazada, bought muzzles, after maybe 10 nights of being muzzled,i stopped putting them on, no problem now, just an odd time barking, they get the muzzle on for that night, they soon stop.

Do you have a photo of your muzzles Colin? How do they actually stop barking?

• Haha 2

Just now, Crossy said:

Do you have a photo of your muzzles Colin? How do they actually stop barking?

Photo u avin a laff Crossy, you know about my attempts at doing that.????????

Dog with the muzzle on cannot open its mouth to bark, first night or 2 they try barking, but soon stop.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Photo u avin a laff Crossy, you know about my attempts at doing that.????????

Ah yes, the electicity bill ???? 

Yeah, I thought it would be something like stopping them opening wide enough to actually bark.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thweshfoyo said:

What about moving and let all the stray dogs live at your place ?!

you can find a cheap kennel for yourself !

I have lived in my house for a long time but I think it is coming to that. I can't handle it anymore.

I have online business conferences and sometimes have to rent a hotel room for the time I have important ones. It's totally ridiculous what noise they make.

I thought of adding and extra wall around one room, to soundproof it, but I think moving is going to happen. 

I think it totally screwed up that the other neighbours don't listen to my idea to get rid of the dogs. I offered to pay the local odd job guys to take them all away in their pick up and dump them(somewhere nice).

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks Colin, I never knew muzzles stopped barking. 

Muzzles are not supposed to be used as a training aid and only to be used for short periods under human supervision. There are dangers of a dog wearing a muzzle to get caught up and harming itself.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Call the Amphur office.

They took them all away from my village the next day.

Didn't ask what they did with them ........ no charge.

More than likely took them to the temple, a fair distance away, and dumped them.

10 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

This is a GOOD lesson for everyone.....

No matter where you live, there might be 10000000 stray/soi dogs who will bark every minute, every night.

I deal with about 10 dogs a day........it's soooo crazy.    I RENT for this exact reason.

Thailand means lots of dogs.   

Yep, I'm thinking of selling and renting. 

35 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Muzzles are not supposed to be used as a training aid and only to be used for short periods under human supervision. There are dangers of a dog wearing a muzzle to get caught up and harming itself.

And overheating as they can't cool down by panting properly. 

I would suggest OP take his own dogs out for 1 - 2 hours vigorous exercise each day.  They will be too tired to bark then.

Also find the reason the dogs are gathering outside the gate. Is one of the ops dogs on heat? Get them fixed if they are not already.

Finally, sneaking up on the sofa at the gate and giving them a spray of water with the hose will teach them not to gather there after a few times. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

And overheating as they can't cool down by panting properly. 

Spot on Jak. The dogs mouth is how it keeps cool. A panting dog is a hot dog. Stop it panting and you'll kill it.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, rumak said:

get a few roosters .   you will soon forget about the barking

Just that word bring back bad memories. I guess I shpould be happy the chicken peple were forced out by the dogs.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, Neeranam said:

I thought of adding and extra wall around one room, to soundproof it get rid of the dogs.

This is not sufficient. The sound just flanks through the ceiling. What you describe is a room within a room, but you must do the floor and ceiling too otherwise it's pointless. You also have to pay attention to the sockets, light fittings, everything, to prevent sound flanking.

Our house is no where near any other house, closest is around 100 metres, and the village is at least 300 metres away, we're surrounded by fields and woods, and my cats are very quiet. . . but the village occasionally has a party and the bass boom-boom-boom drives me insane, so I actually took this route with my office. . .

I soundproofed the walls floor and ceiling and installed triple glazing. Each layer of glass is a different thickness so that it has a different resonance point, so that no single frequency can evade all layers the glass. Outer layer of glass is 10mm thick, middle 6mm, innner 4mm.

The ceiling is three layers of triple thickness gypsum with 12 inch spaces in between. The floor is solid concrete with a second layer of 12 inch space and another layer of gypsum below that. The wall of the office were already cavity wall, so very heavy double layers.

The door is an airlock system (this room is also HEPA filtered because of the smoke season) so double door to office plus another door in the corridoor before getting to the 'unsoundproofed' part of the house, so this arrests any sound from that route too.

The advantage of all this is when I'm in here my wife can't hear me scream.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1