How do I register

DanChang

I've been regularly going to a couple of hospitals in Khon Kaen for some treatments. I've asked about vaccines and they tell me there are none. My heart doctor told me he can't get vaccinated... a Thai and a doctor and no vaccines for him! So SFA chance for me at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DanChang said:

As I don't have a smart phone. How do I register for Covid vaccine.

I am a 70 year old expat?

Let's start with where you live. Feel free to be as detailed, or general, as you feel comfortable.

Are there any other foreigners nearby?

Are there any Thais nearby who know you, and seem helpful.

The village, or district office might be a good starting point?

Maybe one of the regional sub-forums here might bring a more focused set of ideas and recommendaitons.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DanChang said:

Problem is I have very little Thai.  Thanks for reply.

As stated, just go to your local hospital.

Being a hospital they will have no problem conversing in the English language

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Yes, there's always at least one very good English speaker in every Thai hospital. I can speak Thai quite well but nonetheless they'll run and get the good English speaking nurse for me.

there is no place to sign up any more.

the thailandintervac.com is shut down!!

i am in the same boat as you, i am 73yrs. old and would like to get vaccinated.

contacted my local hospital(sukhumvit) and they have no idea what is going on or if they will get vaccine.

between the U.S. government and the Thai. government it is a cluster ----

and no one knows what is going on or how to correct it.

now they say they will not get the amount of moderna vaccine as they wanted.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, anchadian said:

You think? I go to my local hospital every three months to see my drug dealer to get a new supply, and it's rare to find a doctor who has more than the most basic knowledge of English - even the hospital director. My wife is there though to translate. And I had a stay at a private hospital in my province - better not say where as it's the only one in the town so readily identifiable- where a doctor there had to use Google Translate with me.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, DanChang said:

Most doctors and the smarter nurses at the hospital will have enough English language to help you.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, anchadian said:

My 91 year old mother-in-law was refused registration at her local hospital (N E Bangkok) because....no more vaccines available

While not a solution to your issue a cheap new or used "smartphone' may help you receive useful notifications, alerts. My wife deals with the bills but you can buy a pay as you go SIM card for 49-59 baht. I only used to scan barcodes and a few texts will likley cost little. Be warned the expensive calls are International but all the tariffs are public info. 

Someone here will be better able ro suggest handset I bought ou gardener a Samsung Ao10 model it was 1700 baht and allows video calls , net access at a cost and of course ca scan the Q codes to enter stores.

I appreciate for some this is too much technology so maybe gift one to a  a trusted memebr of your staff or household, friend or neighbour?

Good luck keep safe there is a plenty of good information here if your read the daily updates.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, DanChang said:

don't have a smart phone

This baffles me. 

I have a friend, similar age without any device to connect to the WWW.

I keep asking him to buy a cheap phone, around 4000 Baht and I would show him the basic functions, also set him up with an email address. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road Warrior said:

don't worry about registering THERE ARE NO VACCINE'S AS YET !!!

So where are all the locally produced AZ vaccines, the ones that were going to vaccinate all of Thailand and much of SEA?

On 6/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, DanChang said:

If you don't have a smart phone how are you texting to ThaiVisa ?  If usiing a PC to type to ThaiVisa you could also use it to register at sites people tried to do as earlier reported. I contated ThaiIntervac when it was firt up and registerd for  a shot  but then could never get back on to check for appointmet.  Later while at Chulabhorn Hospital in Laksi area of Bangkok (wif'e father  had appointment) she asked  clerk if I was still in the system. They said yes plus "he over 70 could have come in last week."  Her dad and I got AZ shot right then and there. Have an appoitment for later in Oct but they said they could move date up and will email or call me.    Thai sign below says over 70's walk in.

199341867_758278141510409_5304377360095529065_n.jpg