Re-entry Permit. Suvarnabhumi Airport??

13 hours ago, Woof999 said:

If at all possible I would always advise getting the re-entry stamp from the local immigration office. Travel and airports are stressful enough and it's all too easy to forget the stamp. As soon as you've got the exit stamp at the airport, your visa is effectively cancelled. Too late to go back and get the re-entry stamp.

Not to mention that, if you already know when you are intending to return to Thailand and, as things stand, would like to get your Thailand Pass sorted before you set off on your travels for extra peace of mind, an existing re-entry permit will be 1 of the prerequisites to a successful Thailand Pass application in any event.

Edited by OJAS

14 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Not to mention that, if you already know when you are intending to return to Thailand and, as things stand, would like to get your Thailand Pass sorted before you set off on your travels for extra peace of mind, an existing re-entry permit will be 1 of the prerequisites to a successful Thailand Pass application in any event.

Indeed. Pre-covid I always used to get a multiple re-entry stamp at the same time as my visa extension. It adds all of 15 minutes to an already lengthy process and gets it out of the way at the same time. The cost of $100 or so is well worth it for the peace of mind even if I didn't travel (that never happened pre-covid anyway).

• 1 year later...

Guys and Gals probably good to have a message at top to direct to latest message. Re entry permit at the moment at BKK (suvarnabhum) is AFTER security and AFTER passport control. just ask  staff if unsure. it's Immigration zone 2 far left side..I was in line at zone 1 and had to go into duty free turn left  nd walk for 300m then left into Zone 2 and follow signs for ReEntry permit

5 minutes ago, okokok said:

Guys and Gals probably good to have a message at top to direct to latest message. Re entry permit at the moment at BKK (suvarnabhum) is AFTER security and AFTER passport control. just ask  staff if unsure. it's Immigration zone 2 far left side..I was in line at zone 1 and had to go into duty free turn left  nd walk for 300m then left into Zone 2 and follow signs for ReEntry permit

No new news here.

Those without fast tract enter zone 2. 

On left side there is the reentry permit office.

You then proceed to passport control.

It has always been possible to enter via zone 1 and walk airside to Zone 2 for permit. 

Folk using fast tract take that option.

• Like 1

I got my re-entry permit in June at the airport for the first time, instead of having to get it at the immigration office beforehand. It was after security but before passport control as you would expect. I had the form already filled out and the photo, so after a brief check I was directed straight to the officers to affix the stamp. Then on to passport control as normal.

I was a little concerned that I would miss it, but bottom line was that I knew that I had to get it done before passport control. And having done it once, you know where it is for next time.

58 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

I was a little concerned that I would miss it, but bottom line was that I knew that I had to get it done before passport control. And having done it once, you know where it is for next time.

Be aware that if you are obtaining reentry permit at DMK the office is past passport control.

You can see the office just behind the immigration officer stamping you out. 

I had an interesting experience yesterday, 27 August, at the BKK Zone 2 Re-Entry Permit desk when they nearly refused me the re-entry stamp. I kept smiling and eventually worked out what the misconception was for them.

I had an O-A e-visa from the UK issued in August 2022 that expired on 18 August 2023 so on 16 August I did a day trip to Penang with a new annual health insurance policy and was stamped back in as normal until the end of the new policy on 14 August 2024.

At BKK yesterday, I used the Fast Track immigration lane and requested a re-entry stamp. I was stamped out as normal and told to walk airside, go up the ramp at Zone 2 against the flow, follow the sign, and get the Re-entry Permit there. So far, so consistent with the experiences reported in this thread. I was not questioned about already having my exit stamp so I imagine anyone can walk back to this desk at Zone 2 after being stamped out and finding themselves airside.

I had nothing prepared and the first IO took my passport, e-visa, and residential address in Thailand, and then took a photo of me with a webcam along with THB4000. At this point, she disappeared and a concerned colleague came out and told me I couldn't get a multi-entry Re-Entry Permit because my health insurance - the original policy - expired. I showed him my new policy expiring August 2024. He stuck to his position that I would only get a Re-Entry Permit until the end of the original policy. I then showed him the 14 August 2024 expiry date of the stamp from my Penang border bounce. Both the original IO and this one had missed these critical in/out stamps despite them being the last stamps in my passport and were basing their position on other in/out stamps. The fog lifted at this point and they processed my multi re-entry permit as normal. Lots of smiles, a brief apology to which I assured them it was okay, and I was on my way. 

My takeaway from this is that getting the Re-Entry Permit at BKK is a very easy process with no preparation and it doesn't matter if you get it done before or after you pass through immigration because anyone could have approached the Re-Entry Permit desk in Zone 2 up the ramp after being stamped out as I did.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any issues with getting a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi, then getting a new passport while in home country, and then re-entering with fresh new passport and the cancelled one with the re-entry permit in it? Also any possible issues transferring non O visa and 12 month extension stamps into the new passport at a later date? 

Edited by neytil

19 minutes ago, neytil said:

Any issues with getting a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi, then getting a new passport while in home country, and then re-entering with fresh new passport and the cancelled one with the re-entry permit in it? Also any possible issues transferring non O visa and 12 month extension stamps into the new passport at a later date? 

I'm doing exactly that this  November.

No issue. 

Just travel with both passports.

The non O visa is not transfered however they record it's details in new pp. 

The transfer of stamps eg reentry permit is done at immigration office where they were issues.

Remember to also update things such a as bank account etc.

There is no rule re timeframe to transfer stamps. 

You can travel with both passports. 

Sorry to bump this.

So at Suvarnabhumi ... you get your boarding pass. Go up to security.  You then come down the esculator and see immigration. It is at this point i should see desks that allow me to get my return permit ?

I don't know but i have been though Suvarnabhumi so many times, that the only place i have seen desks around this area is AFTER i cleared immigration (usually where they fine you if you are an overstayer, etc). 

I've tried looking for youtube videos and nothing.

Seems very risky for me to pay for flights, and risk all this .... what if i go through security and see no desk, is there a possible route out for me, or by this point would i be forced to go through immigration?

I keep hearing talk of zone 1 and zone 2 - clarify this for me if anyone can. 

Also why not just make this desk pre security? Seems a weird place to put it. 

Was actually going to need one myself, and was thinking of going to immigration in Sisaket. I'm leaving in November with my daughter first week of November. Can I get it the beginning of October, meaning is it too early a month beforehand or it doesn't matter? I have a passport photo so I'm guessing that's what they need?

21 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Sorry to bump this.

Also why not just make this desk pre security? Seems a weird place to put it. 

Donny mate, how can you find something wrong with almost everything you come across here? Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. Donnie you are not in Kansas anymore!????

16 minutes ago, marin said:

Donny mate, how can you find something wrong with almost everything you come across here? Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. Donnie you are not in Kansas anymore!????

When anyone in Thailand says 'its just round the corner' - it's always best to double check, as it usually ends up being in a different city. 

In this scenario alone, i've read it's just around here, then it's in Zone 2. Then some have suggested it's after immigration - which opens up a new can of worms. 

37 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

In this scenario alone, i've read it's just around here, then it's in Zone 2. Then some have suggested it's after immigration - which opens up a new can of worms. 

You are worrying over nothing.

The reentry permit desk is after security desk and just prior to passport control.

It's bullet proof. 

In this pic the red rectangle is the permit desk.

Note the "2" on sign above.

Hells bells man ask airport staff if in doubt.

Screenshot_20230922-122453.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-122825.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The reentry permit desk is after security desk and just prior to passport control.

It's bullet proof. 

The first picture is of the re-entry permit desk AFTER you have gone up the Zone 2 escalator, gone through security, gone down the escalator and TURNED RIGHT before the passport control lines.

The second picture is taken through the glass BEFORE you have gone up the Zone 2 escalator, gone through security, gone down the escalator and TURNED RIGHT and before the passport control lines.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's bullet proof. 

Thanks dude you are a star. 

Worryingly though no one seems to be at the desk ! Hopefully no thai special 'today no worker sir / gone lunch come back two hours' etc 

Doing it at the airport isn't my first choice, I would normally get a multiple re-entry permit at the same time as my extension of stay. But last time I only got a single re-entry so rather than going back to immigration I decided to do it at the airport. I made sure I had plenty of time, and kept my eyes open for it, and it was easy to spot. You can also ask one of the staff.