Thailand to shut construction sites, seal off camps to contain virus

webfact

Have this load of Numptys not realized yet, that Covid is not just down to Migrant Workers.

There are 100,s of thousands of Thais running about all over the Country on a Daily basis spreading the Disease.

The Migrant Workers are predominantly located in one area for their Job and Living.

OK ! . they may have clusters, but the actual spread is caused by Thais trying to make a decent living.

5 hours ago, meechai said:

And...Who will feed them if they cannot leave camps?

Who will guard that they cannot leave camps?

Aside from the fact that this is total BS deflections

What is with these people always blaming a Nationality for anything?

It is a nondiscriminatory virus it cares not who it infects

Lastly Covid has been in full force within Thailand since early 2019

Just because they didn't test for it they think they were untouched till now?

Realize the worst has actually passed same as all countries & get on with

governing your country's recovery

Try 2020. As for feeding the camp inmates plenty of Soi dogs to go around. 

11 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am glad that I am not one of the unmentionable rich elites, who watch the military junta, stumble along

trying to be the government of Thailand.  Is it not embarrassing?  Just my observations.

Geezer

Guess most of the rich elites are not watching much in Thailand, they are mostly overseas living off their wealth deposited in tax free havens.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand will close hundreds of construction sites

How about Slaughter Houses as well??? Being reported this morning here in Cambodia:-

Thailand has reported that Nakhon Pathom had a new cluster of five cases at a slaughterhouse in Samphran district involving imported cases. Of the 31 imported cases, 28 were reportedly from Cambodia, including 17 illegal returnees. The illegal returnees were suspected to be daily paid workers who could not afford quarantine costs nor quarantine itself as it would affect their daily wage livelihood. Others were from Russia, Malaysia and Myanmar.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50881581/thai-returnees-including-illegals-among-28-from-cambodia-detected-with-covid-19-infections/

• Like 1

So if any worker hasn't had Covid before, he'll surely have got it by the time he gets out. 

Sorry, but there's something sinister about trapping people into contracting a life-threatening disease because their passports are the wrong colour. The dark underbelly of Thailand is getting revealed here...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, retsdon said:

So if any worker hasn't had Covid before, he'll surely have got it by the time he gets out. 

Sorry, but there's something sinister about trapping people into contracting a life-threatening disease because their passports are the wrong colour. The dark underbelly of Thailand is getting revealed here...

Absolutely I couldn't agree more. I would suggest however, that it is the dark underbelly of the ruling class of Thailand, which (the ruling class) are a very different group to the general population.

Edited by herfiehandbag

From a human rights perspective this sucks.

Why not seal off every village in Thailand.  But no. Concentrate on enclaves of migrates. 
Thais - Clean
Foreigners - Dirty

On 6/26/2021 at 8:22 AM, RichardColeman said:

I truly wish the government would stop blaming others other than Thais for their plight.

Banging up construction workers only and not Thais in general when covid is rampant in Thai society is ridiculous.

If its not the foreigners , its the migrant workers. Only other people I guess they can blame in the poor.

Don't worry, the labor minister has said that they will make sure no one leaves, I wonder which minister will make sure no more come in! 

Which police departments will be responsible for tracking down the people that smuggled workers in with Covid-19, and who will prosecute these criminals and employers, maybe the guys on the Red Bull boys case would be the top team. 

• Like 1

As far as i read Bangkok Post, the closure of the Camps is just one action the government will do.

Where can i find the complete "lockdown light" actions they plan to implement?

They mentioned "travel restrictions" - however, no complete "travel ban"...

Somebody knows what kind of travel will be possible during the current planned actions?

Thanks!

John

On 6/25/2021 at 10:22 PM, RichardColeman said:

I truly wish the government would stop blaming others other than Thais for their plight.

Banging up construction workers only and not Thais in general when covid is rampant in Thai society is ridiculous.

If its not the foreigners , its the migrant workers. Only other people I guess they can blame in the poor.

When things go wrong, blame the foreigners/outsiders.

It worked perfectly for brexiteers.

Why shouldn't Thai Junta use same strategy?

• Confused 1