Phuket officials issue new order for Sandbox tourist arrivals from July 1

webfact

17 minutes ago, bolt said:

I was ready to go and dodge the ASQ in Bangkok, I’ve done ASQ 2 times now.

But this is going which way almost every day now, clearly not ready.

I did AQL once this year kinda ashamed I did as thais treat covid as a foreigner thing when i came out the kristal had kicked off the current wave I left shortly after

Now I am vacinated they want to do the same...

Why would go back assuming its not some SM thing?

Anybody going to punket need there head examined imo

Each foreign <dirity-scum> tourist over the age of 18 must juggle a bowling pin, a hot iron, and a ping pong ball successfully 10 times while humming Chart Thai and jumping up and down on one leg before being allow to disembark from the plane.

Businesses that haven't paid the "Iron Price" (most businesses) can pack sand and go out of business. Only connected business will be allowed to thrive going forward. SHA+ (SHA Plus)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you are an intending tourist, take a good long look at this photograph. These are the people who are going to be controlling your holiday. They will decide where you will stay, where and when you cxn go, and even apparently who you can sleep with!

1624651148_1-org.jpg

Weston-Super-Mare is starting to look good!

Edited by herfiehandbag

Can someone in Phuket please take a picture of the suprised and shocked look on the faces of the people who have done the brainstorming too come up with this amazing "SANDBOX" when it turns into another complete and utter disaster, 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 3:59 AM, Boedog said:

Can someone in Phuket please take a picture of the suprised and shocked look on the faces of the people who have done the brainstorming too come up with this amazing "SANDBOX" when it turns into another complete and utter disaster, 

Surprise and shock won't be the only look on their faces!

Anger as they cast around for something to blame.

Disappointment at the lost revenue opportunities.

Worry as to how they can explain it to the "influential people" , for the benefit of whose businesses the whole operation was set up.

Inevitably it will be blamed: 1) on the foreigners who didn't come; 2) on "fake news".

NB: it will never be clear as to exactly what was "fake" of course - the reporting of the facts or opinion and comments upon them. That doesn't matter, blaming it will ensure that it is someone else's fault - no-one, minister, official or senior policeman will have to take any responsibility.

• Like 1

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding some of this utterly baffling. In particular what does one make of item 3 from Article 2:

"Tourists who have stayed in Phuket for 14 nights and wish to leave Phuket must show documentary evidence to the officers at the departure gate checkpoint at the domestic terminal or the international terminal as follows:

1. Passport and visa validated by Phuket Airport Immigration (except Thai nationals)
  2. Proof of COVID-19 test showing that COVID-19 was not detected during the 14-night stay in Phuket with the document issued by an agency of the Ministry of Public Health
  3. Evidence of staying at a hotel or accommodation that has received SHA+ (SHA Plus) standards."

Does it mean "evidence of having stayed" or evidence of "going to stay"  in SHA+ accommodation?  If the latter then that would imply that after doing your time in Phuket you are not free to go and stay for the rest of your visit in your favourite flop-house in Bangkok, or with the girlfriend at her place up the jungle. I know that the Thai language does not make a big deal of specifing past-tense, future-tense etc but it's rather crucial to an understanding of the English. Perhaps I'm over thinking this and someone with a sharper brain can interpret it for me. I just hope it means "evidence of having stayed at a hotel or accommodation that has received SHA+ (SHA Plus) standards" ie. in Phuket, and one will be free then to go and stay where one wants. Personally all I want to do is get back to On Nut Soi 10.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, connda said:

Businesses that haven't paid the "Iron Price" (most businesses) can pack sand and go out of business. Only connected business will be allowed to thrive going forward. SHA+ (SHA Plus)

Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

"Ladies and gentlemen, please deposit all your cash and cards in the box provided - over there. In fourteen days we will pick you up from your prison cell (sorry, luxury hotel room) and bus you back here to the airport where we will fly you back home. Don't worry our 'Command Centre' will be tracking your every move. Please enjoy your stay in this wonderful island. Hope to see you back soon!"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And now for something completely different:

For those of us already in Thailand in a Red Zone, what are the Covid requirements now to visit Phuket? Last month, it was vaccination or negative Covid test.

That remains the same.

• Like 1