Thailand reports 5,406 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, club said:

Tourist, consider your selves in prison after reading this. Cancel your trip until this government can get a hold of this pandemic. Its the worse Covid outbreak we have had and now they want Tourist to be a experiment . Come back when they have the proper vaccines for the people  

It won't be tourists that will be coming. It will be folk with serious connection to Thailand. Could be Thai family or similar.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, club said:

2 weeks!!!! They will not let you go into the public if you still test positive after 2 weeks. 

You see?  Unexpected things.  I love it!  I love travelling.  Maybe three weeks in a.... camp.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Where did I ever downplay the human tragedy of the pandemic...all unnecessary deaths are tragic. I'm making the statistical point that the mortality rate in Thailand is still thankfully low and that therefore the situation isn't as worrisome as it could be. It will likely stay this way unless and until there is widespread vaccinations. 

You reduce death and suffering to statistics. I need say no more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

Can I just say, If there are no beds left in the hospitals for Covid or any other patients why OH! why do you need $100,000 Covid insurance to get a COE. 

Just a thought???

I think private hospitals have beds.

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It won't be tourists that will be coming. It will be folk with serious connection to Thailand. Could be Thai family or similar.

I read in another thread that TAT has invited a bunch of tour operators and travel agents from UAE, to visit Phuket. So they will be a fairly big bunch of arrivals. They are on a freebie of course and will stay maybe 3-5 days.

it will be interesting to see if they try to be passed off as actual tourists.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This is when you know it's very bad. Doctors have to make decisions on who gets treated and who is left to die. Triage at the very worst point.

This is how it was in the USA. Very sad

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's a continuing misperception about that policy by many here...

The government is NOT generally putting COVID positive cases with no symptoms into traditional hospitals, with possible exceptions being those individuals deemed at high risk of deteriorating due to age or other conditions.

The government has been putting COVID positive cases with no or minor symptoms into the various temporary field hospital facilities they've set up.

If you have more serious symptoms, you're generally going to end up in a regular hospital, not a field hospital. But if you have no symptoms, at least until recently, you'd only end up in a field hospital, not a regular hospital.

The MoPH reported the other day they have almost no regular hospital beds remaining in the BKK area for treating seriously ill COVID cases. But at last count, they had something like 5,000 available field hospital beds.

Unfortunately, in this instance, the two different types of facilities and beds are not readily interchangeable.

I think these days 5000 empty beds would fill up in about 2 days.

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I read that a lot of returning Thai's on repatriation flights that normally go to Bangkok to quarantine first are now going to take up this option as well.

Thai government to distribute 7.5 billion baht compensation to business sectors affected by Covid-19 business closure orders

A budget of 7.5 billion baht is arranged as compensation for all construction workers, entertainment venue entrepreneurs, and restaurant sectors who were affected by the order of business closures in six provinces for a month, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha announced this afternoon, June 28th.

The Prime Minister told the Associated Press after a meeting with the government’s economic sectors today that 50 percent of the workers’ wages would be distributed for one month as compensation during a construction camp closure in Bangkok and its vicinity.

The amount of money would also be planned for affected groups that are related to entertainment venues and restaurant businesses.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/thai-government-to-distribute-7-5-billion-baht-compensation-to-business-sectors-affected-by-business-closure-orders/

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS:

20 June: 1,374/390

21 June: 1,436/395

22 June: 1,479/410

23 June: 1,526/433

24 June: 1,564/445

25 June: 1,603/460

26 June: 1,662/470

27 June: 1,725/489

28 June: 1,806/510 <—- Today #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1409390532174909442

Up 30% in 8 days unfortunately. Which suggests worse news will come on deaths in a week or so.

Very sad

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai government to distribute 7.5 billion baht compensation to business sectors affected by Covid-19 business closure orders

A budget of 7.5 billion baht is arranged as compensation for all construction workers, entertainment venue entrepreneurs, and restaurant sectors who were affected by the order of business closures in six provinces for a month, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha announced this afternoon, June 28th.

The Prime Minister told the Associated Press after a meeting with the government’s economic sectors today that 50 percent of the workers’ wages would be distributed for one month as compensation during a construction camp closure in Bangkok and its vicinity.

The amount of money would also be planned for affected groups that are related to entertainment venues and restaurant businesses.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/28/thai-government-to-distribute-7-5-billion-baht-compensation-to-business-sectors-affected-by-business-closure-orders/

I wonder if the employers still get the money to distribute to the workers even if the employers have gone?Isn't A Nut Man in the construction biz?

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I read that a lot of returning Thai's on repatriation flights that normally go to Bangkok to quarantine first are now going to take up this option as well.

For sure. I had considered returning Thai.

There would be a lot perhaps living in UK, Oz etc with farang husbands and missing family. Couple of weeks in Phuket followed by trip up country or wherever to visit might be a plan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Expats including foreign teachers receive COVID vaccination at Central Phuket as Phuket heads towards the reopening of the island to vaccinated tourists from July 1.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1409402828607541249

The MoPH had a chart in TH language the other day breaking down the one-shot and two-shot vaccination rates for various provinces/areas through June 24.

Some of the specifics included the following shares for fully vaccinated folks up through June 24:

--Bangkok and five surrounding provinces -- 6.85%

--Bangkok alone -- 8.95%

--Nonthaburi -- 5.99%

--Samut Prakan -- 3.12%

--All other 71 provinces combined outside the BKK region -- 1.98%

--Phuket -- 49.86%

--Surat Thani -- 4.6%

--Thailand wide as of the 24th -- 3.4%

(As of today, the Thailand wide number has probably grown to just over 4%)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

I am in Phuket. The lady who owns the bar at the end of my Soi says she has been told she can open on 1st July. Her bar is SHA approved because all bar girls have had one jab.

I haven’t heard it officially yet so it currently counts as rumor.

but for sure the sandbox will go ahead.

It might go but I would question the ahead part.If it was going down I probably wouldn't question it?

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

I am in Phuket. The lady who owns the bar at the end of my Soi says she has been told she can open on 1st July. Her bar is SHA approved because all bar girls have had one jab.

I haven’t heard it officially yet so it currently counts as rumor.

but for sure the sandbox will go ahead.

See that's the problem . The government seems to think all you need is one jab of Sinovac or AZ and you will be just fine. The real sad reason is they wont spend the money to FULLY vaccinate everyone in Phuket. Even in this Phuket sandbox where all eyes will be on them they still dont get it. This will not end well. Enjoy the Covid 19 box 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The MoPH had a chart in TH language the other day breaking down the one-shot and two-shot vaccination rates for various provinces/areas through June 24.

Some of the specifics included the following shares for fully vaccinated folks up through June 24:

--Bangkok and five surrounding provinces -- 6.85%

--Bangkok alone -- 8.95%

--Nonthaburi -- 5.99%

--Samut Prakan -- 3.12%

--All other 71 provinces combined outside the BKK region -- 1.98%

--Phuket -- 49.86%

--Surat Thani -- 4.6%

--Thailand wide as of the 24th -- 3.4%

(As of today, the Thailand wide number has probably grown to just over 4%)

so Phuket is not even close to 70% fully vaccinated

• Like 1

Just now, club said:

See that's the problem . The government seems to think all you need is one jab of Sinovac or AZ and you will be just fine. The real sad reason is they wont spend the money to FULLY vaccinate everyone in Phuket. Even in this Phuket sandbox where all eyes will be on them they still dont get it. This will not end well. Enjoy the Covid 19 box 

Going to very interesting to see what happens to the first group of tourists that test positive for covid.  ????.