4.7 million AstraZeneca doses delivered in Thailand, 1.3 million more due this week

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The time between doses for AZ is longer (than jello), at 8-12 weeks.... I have heard as long as 16 weeks, but can't remember what is being employed in Thailand. (Didn't UK drop it to 8 weeks to get the resistance up faster in light of Delta infections?) This will surely cause a serious lag for second doses, which at some point will ramp up. 

Thailand has shifted from 16 to 12 weeks on AZ.

I had my first AZ shot in the past week, my second shot is booked for 12 weeks.

Some Thai colleagues had a first AZ shot early June with an initial follow-up booked for late September (16 weeks) but they have since been contacted to change this to early September (12 weeks).

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, bradiston said:

This is the best news for a long time. Not just because it seems the production line is rolling now, but because AZ is actually talking after weeks of silence. Ok, they probably need a lot more than 10m per month, but it's a great start.

Well, I'd like to walk my comments back about 5 million miles, as the first impression I got was quite obviously completely wrong. I don't think we're any further down the path of enlightenment. Indeed, I would say we're up a complete DEAD END!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Susco said:

From what I remember the projected figure was a lot larger, and it didn't include imported AZ

If it’s just a big conspiracy, and there are no problems with a so called vaccine which has yet to be approved by the FDA, why have a Government agency dedicated to reporting adverse reactions to vaccines?  You want to be a giuena pig, in the biggest vaccine trial, go for it!  
https://vaers.hhs.gov

4 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

If it’s just a big conspiracy, and there are no problems with a so called vaccine which has yet to be approved by the FDA, why have a Government agency dedicated to reporting adverse reactions to vaccines?  You want to be a giuena pig, in the biggest vaccine trial, go for it!  
https://vaers.hhs.gov

This agency has existed since long before Covid.  And you've got it wrong. It does not tally adverse reactions to the vaccines What it tallies are virtually any and all reports of illness or symptoms that occur after the vaccine. No matter who they came from. That's why they're not called adverse reactions but adverse events. The acronym VAERS stands for Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. There's a latin aphorism re a certain class of error that you should do well to contemplate: post hoc ergo propter hoc.  It means "after this, therefore because of this". Just because event B happens after event A, that doesn't mean that B is caused by A.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, mfd101 said:

Multiply those numbers by 20 and we'll start to make progress. 

Come on, Fellas, you can do it!  (tba)

Why would they need 55 million x 20 which equals 1,1 billion doses until end of December?