All go for the Phuket Sandbox - 13,000 rooms booked, foreign airlines set for Samui later, TAT

webfact

I know two old boys flying in from the UK. Both are time served, seasoned, Soi 6 customers who are planning to fly down a couple of girls for the fortnight.

As soon as they can they'll travel back to Pattaya to help 'support' the oldest profession in the world.

I suspect these aren't the tourists that the TaT had in mind.

Mai bpen rai.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ericdiam said:

Over 80% only had 1 shot. So protection extremely low. 

And dates for second are far away! 

Wait 2-3 weeks and 3 wave will surely start there. 

Look at Australia how to control the virus of spreading. Few cases and they put over 50% of population in total lockdown.

So far they did this every when a outbreak started but was under complete control very fast. 

I don't think that fully vaccinates tourists with 2 jabs of good vaccine, PCR before boarding plane and another PCR on arriving, will spread anything.

Mostly will be Thais returning from everywhere in Thailand, looking for a job in tourism, and poorly vaccinated.

11 minutes ago, CLW said:

Absolutely, TAT propaganda can fake the number but they can't fake the pictures of an empty arrivals hall, at least for the first 14 days....

They will post pictures of those journalists and travel agents arriving on July 1st in a free flight to enjoy free holidays in Phuket.

I can imagine so many pictures of foreigners passing through all the arriving process, PCR, App downloading and so.

But no pictures on July 2nd when no tourists will arrive because no COEs issued yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It seems that either their math is wrong or Thailand is a breeding grounds for people in any government position to be habitual liars. Land of forked tongue!

Piffff orrfff.????

1 hour ago, TechnikaIII said:

Phuket sucks.

I am not remotely interested. My home is in Nakhon Sawan province.

Tourism Authority: Wasn't it the tourism minister who wants to promote high class sex tours to attract and better quality foreigner? Or words to that effect?

(Off topic, but what sort of message does that send to the girls of Thailand? .. something like: "Don't waste time getting an education. Just shave your *******, head down town, and bring in the money. ????

Oh dear, what a sad post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ericdiam said:

Over 80% only had 1 shot. So protection extremely low. 

And dates for second are far away! 

Wait 2-3 weeks and 3 wave will surely start there. 

Look at Australia how to control the virus of spreading. Few cases and they put over 50% of population in total lockdown.

So far they did this every when a outbreak started but was under complete control very fast. 

Is that the same Australia that's only managed to fully vaccinate 4.8% of their considerably smaller population?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that 70% of the population of the southern Thai island had been vaccinated and this would be 80% by Thursday.

wonder where they got the vaccines from....  the local (Chinese)  mafia maybe???   555

32 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Is that the same Australia that's only managed to fully vaccinate 4.8% of their considerably smaller population?

Yep!, The biggest problem is there are not many that want it, the blood clotting fiasco has frightened many with astra, and pfizer is in short suppy, plus they cannot go anywhere as the borders are locked up tight, with the low case numbers they are content not to be vaccinated, most don't have any desire to go to a country who doesn't have control over their case numbers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

13000 room nights. Actual “tourists” in the first 15 days is about 1,100.

its down to 100,000 now>  they dropped 29,000 since last week
https://www.thephuketnews.com/tat-revises-down-phuket-sandbox-arrivals-estimated-revenue-80480.php?fbclid=IwAR1ZiEXSsKXQxpdsfDHKVmotgjMZNGWfh9Wa0gK5jiMj6578JBijamcBPyg

i Bet they will be lucky to get 40,000 in 3 months

8 hours ago, MadMac said:

Nope, foreigners do not go to field hospitals but into hotel/hospital quarantine which will cost you an arm and a leg. False test is enough and your health insurance does not pay for this. Only for actual hospitalisation and treatment. Go figure. They have a gold mine there ????

20,000 paid under the table balance goes to the hotel to feed and house quarantine hotel, where does the 20k go??  

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, JCP108 said:

If you believe that the PCR tests carry a false positive rate of 0.5% (I do) and each sandboxer will have a 1.5% chance of getting a false positive, then out of every 1,000 travelers, 15 of them will get a 14-day stay in one of the two field hospitals they have set up on the island. One thing I wonder about: if an asymptomatic person gets a false positive test result and ends up in the field hospital (read hospitel or forced quarantine in a hotel), how much will they have to pay out of pocket? I can't imagine their insurance policy paying if they aren't symptomatic and aren't put in an actual hospital to get actual treatment. 

Firstly, the probability of a .5% probability event, repeated 3 times, is not 1.5%. You don't just add the percentages together.

If you think it's correct, ask yourself that following question. If you flip a coin twice, is it 100% probable that one of the tosses will be heads? That's a 50% probability plus a 50% probability. 100%, right? No.

Secondly, it would make sense to give someone another test, after a positive test, to see if the initial test was a false positive. Not that I would count on a logical procedure being in place, here.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

After a positive test, the person will undergo a second test afterwards to confirm before being shipped off to a quarantine facility. 

How do you know that? The people I have heard report on this got a positive test and then were taken immediately to the hospitel/hospital. Subsequent negative tests were not considered and they did 14 days before being released. Can you point to a case where a follow up test was negative and the person didn't have to do the 14 day hospital stay?

4 minutes ago, Unify said:

Firstly, the probability of a .5% probability event, repeated 3 times, is not 1.5%. You don't just add the percentages together.

If you think it's correct, ask yourself that following question. If you flip a coin twice, is it 100% probable that one of the tosses will be heads? That's a 50% probability plus a 50% probability. 100%, right? No.

Secondly, it would make sense to give someone another test, after a positive test, to see if the initial test was a false positive. Not that I would count on a logical procedure being in place, here.

Learn math: 1/200 + 1/200 + 1/200 = 3/200 (or, 1.5%). You don't get all three tests at once (that would be: 1/200 * 1/200 * 1/200). So, the question is not the probability of all three being positive at the same time. The question is the probability of one of the three tests being positive while you are given three of them at different times. They are independent of each other but the aggregate risks is cumulative. 

Logic in Thailand?

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

How do you know that? The people I have heard report on this got a positive test and then were taken immediately to the hospitel/hospital. Subsequent negative tests were not considered and they did 14 days before being released. Can you point to a case where a follow up test was negative and the person didn't have to do the 14 day hospital stay?

I know two cases in Thailand where upon the first positive test they were held into the hospital and tested again the same day with the result the next day also being positive. At that time they were transferred to a designated quarantine hotel. I can only surmise that if the second test was negative the person would be sent on his way.