Phuket marks 14 COVID infections in past week, vaccinations hit 80%

webfact

"Among the key criteria for “reviewing” the Sandbox policy, which include cancelling the project altogether, is if there are more than 90 infections across the island within seven days. "

someone should tell the phuket governor about this as he announced today that phuket will be opening tomorrow and "there was no going back once we open".

Edited by poskat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Phuket marks 14 COVID infections in past week, vaccinations hit 80%

This is misleading information, single doses do not count as full vaccinations

Especially single jabs of Sinovac. 

Worthless

• Like 1

If, and I say if, Tourist come to Phuket, and contract Covid during their stay, or transmit it back to their Country of origin, there are going to be some massive Law suits filed against the Thai MOPH and the Authorities on Phuket.

Its one thing to lie about a handbag being " Genuine Leather ", but to play with peoples Health and Lives just to scam them wont go down at all well.

Either with the Tourists, their Insurance Companies, or their Governments.

Russian Roulette me thinks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

If, and I say if, Tourist come to Phuket, and contract Covid during their stay, or transmit it back to their Country of origin, there are going to be some massive Law suits filed against the Thai MOPH and the Authorities on Phuket.

Its one thing to lie about a handbag being " Genuine Leather ", but to play with peoples Health and Lives just to scam them wont go down at all well.

Either with the Tourists, their Insurance Companies, or their Governments.

Russian Roulette me thinks.

That is a very astute point .. 

As you say IF there any tourists who do arrive and contract C V as a result of the authorities playing fast and loose with the truth about the numbers on Phuket and end up getting either condemned to a quarantine facility of worse take it back to their home country then the bad publicity and possible litigation heaped on Thailand will eclipse any hope they have of getting this of the ground ..