Chinese tourists will return to Thailand in October - "great opportunity" say tourism chiefs

webfact

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

The same guy had this bright idea back in March for the beginning of June.

They are only stopping quarantine for those who have had both jabs but also knowing what it still don't stop anybody getting covid they say you can still get it like someone that hasn't been jabed.

So if they don't have to quarantine why does anybody else as long as they can show a negative test i don't see any problem 

3 minutes ago, club said:

Not true, 2 people died in June that were 47 and 50. 

I don't know which country you are referring to but the printed leaflet I  received last week issued by the Thai government stated AZ was only for those people over 60

The announcement by the Australia government in today’s newspaper stated pretty much the same

What has happened in the past I have no idea as it seems to change daily.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, madmitch said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

A deputy at the Tourism Council of Thailand told Thai Rath that Chinese tourists would start returning to Thailand from October. 

So, one deputy at the least important of the various tourism departments has come out with this piece of speculation and the whole industry is wetting itself with excitement?

If all the probable caveats were included the article it would be much longer.

I really think there will be nothing but a trickle of tourists until 2022, when perhaps the trickle might turn into a light shower.

So its trickle or treat? 

Or...

Trickle trickle little star~

2 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I don't know which country you are referring to but the printed leaflet I  received last week issued by the Thai government stated AZ was only for those people over 60

The announcement by the Australia government in today’s newspaper stated pretty much the same

Happened here in Thailand 

5 minutes ago, club said:

If AZ is the only available vaccine, that's what your going to get whatever your age is . Thats how it works in   Thailand

The printed information I was given last week when I got my AZ shot was that it was only being given to peopLe of 60 

Those under that age can get Sinovac if they meet the criteria.

From enquiries my wife has made with three private hospitals in Chiang Mai Modena and perhaps others “ will” be available in October 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

It changes here by the minute

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Absolute nonsense and this clown should be held responsible for his lies and when this do not happen.

As someone who is in China having to complete 3 weeks mandatory quarantine (2 weeks in a state hotel) puts everyone off.

Coupled with an increase in media FUD that China is the safest place right now, all Chinese I know, don't wan't to leave and take the risk of traveling to Thailand or anywhere else for a holiday, especially to a country that is riddled with COVID and has a poor vaccination programme.

This news article should be filed in the section of pure fantasy.

it has already been reported in the "pure fantasy" dept. of the current pretend government.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

The printed information I was given last week when I got my AZ shot was that it was only being given to peopLe of 60 

From enquiries my wife has made with three private hospitals in Chiang Mai Modena and perhaps others “ will” be available in October 

Believe me , When they run low on Sinovac, you get AZ. 

Just now, Isaan sailor said:

I wonder what would happen if Chinese tourists really did return in October—vaccinated with double shots of SinoVac, and they immerse themselves in Delta variant Thailand…

They would die

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

They lie here 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Absolute nonsense and this clown should be held responsible for his lies and when this do not happen.

As someone who is in China having to complete 3 weeks mandatory quarantine (2 weeks in a state hotel) puts everyone off.

Coupled with an increase in media FUD that China is the safest place right now, all Chinese I know, don't wan't to leave and take the risk of traveling to Thailand or anywhere else for a holiday, especially to a country that is riddled with COVID and has a poor vaccination programme.

This news article should be filed in the section of pure fantasy.

100% agree. Pure fantasy. With this extreme poor vaccination and daily increasing covid cases by October we in total lockdown with curfew for night. If these monkeys not change their vaccination program fully. And urgently allow private hospitals ordering any vaccines themselves and also government ordering in mass outside. Sure the mRna. Which are much much more effective 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Sunday the 27th T0 June 30th Samui giving A.Z. to foreigners  under 60s and over 60s saw it myself as  I got my jab 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Sunday the 27th T0 June 30th Samui giving A.Z. to foreigners  under 60s and over 60s saw it myself as  I got my jab 

Obviously not complying with official government policy but what’s new ?

After saying that however when you look at the numbers the chance of it being fatal even for someone under 60 is minuscule.

I am sure people have had adverse reactions to other vaccines and even died but that’s life.

• Like 1

Gee. Can't wait to get the Chinese tourists back. No matter that their government is not planning to let them come here before next year.  

The Thai government was hilariously trying to persuade the British government to remove Thailand from the amber list, just as Hong Kong has banned arrivals from the UK.  More likely the way things are going in Thailand it will be upgraded to the UK's red list. 

We don't want Chinese tourists!!

3 hours ago, lolalol said:

Phuket sandbox opening tomorrow. Will be graced by PM's presence. Good news right?

Great news, but the TV grumps ignore it. They would choke on their coffee if they had to admit the government was doing something right. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1