Chinese tourists will return to Thailand in October - "great opportunity" say tourism chiefs

webfact

21 hours ago, peter0017 said:

This is scary. Why doesn't Thailand fix what needs to be fixed and attracts (not lure) Western tourists? 

The self elected "PM" and his cohorts chased away the tourists before this pandemic. I noticed the lack of westerners between Sukhumvit Soi 5 all the way down to Asoke.

Can any member living in or near this area back me up on this? What about you One More Farang?

20 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Isn't this just lovely... Please be careful and watch where you step in the streets!!!

Also watch when you step in to the back seat of a taxi, travel on the airport train, and even visit an "all you can eat" buffet!!!!

19 hours ago, Selatan said:

The one crapping on the street in Chinatown was found to be a local autistic boy, not a Chinese tourist.

What about the one on Beach Road at the back entrance of the big shopping mall? Why is it always the Chinese with the dirty habits and not the Indians, Japanese etc, etc, etc?

16 hours ago, the green light said:

The Chinese holiday is the first week in October. It depends if the new pandemic is controlled and 50% of the population is inoculated.  That is an aggressive goal to reach

It is a funny picture  " the jar with penny and few money saved for a vacation ". They will need a lot more than that

Any visitor will come to Thailand if there is no forced quarantine,  no health insurance ,  no the 3 covid tests and the return home with NO  quarantine.

True, but long stayers under the age of 50 who don't want to get married will be prevented from coming due to ridiculous immigration issues.

• Haha 1

Wonder what's going to happen with a million tourists in country and covid skyrockets. What do you do send them home?

What if...what if foreign outsiders get Thais sick...and they die? Just curious.

23 hours ago, Selatan said:

You are their competitors, totally logical for you not to miss them and your opinion has 0 value. But tourist-dependent businesses love them.

I have no clue what you mean. Tourist dependent business love their money - not the people. Let be real about it.

• Like 1

The entry requirements will change by then likely allowing the chinese to enter without quarantine with only sinovac vaccines.  Then they can eagerly begin to buy up all the businesses at a fraction of the cost.

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, mtls2005 said:

It's a bit confusing, Thailand is on a list of 75 countries published 3 June. 

Non-essential travel is prohibited.

Think they have a 14 day quarantine in-bound (returning to China).

Maybe by October this will change?

I'm living and working in China - travel is not banned, but you have to re-apply for visas to return and then there is currently 3 weeks quarantine, 3rd week at home..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, connda said:

Lying is so easy and such as well honed art-form here.
Why tell the truth?

Fyi. I used to live in a Thapae - Loi Kroh area of Chiang Mail  We go back about once a month.  I'm simply floored by the economic destruction.  It doesn't effect those with government jobs and pensions.  So they just destroy the small and medium businesses in the name of Covid and implement a New Morality for the masses.  I have Thai friends whose businesses are now shuttered.  It's pretty freaking sad.  A complete and utter over-reaction.  This is what you get. 
Yeah. 4% closed permanently?  My butt.  Spoken by a government worker with a steady job and income.  I believe exactly nothing that comes out of this people's mouths any longer.  They are completely out of touch with the public as well as small and medium sized businesses.  Hopefully there is a place in Buddhist Hell for these charlatans for what they have done to the economy and the average person trying to make a living.

Yes indeed. My friend lost her Traditional Thai Massage shop. Very sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Then they can eagerly begin to buy up all the businesses at a fraction of the cost.

I mentioned this months ago  in another thread but it was removed and I was given a weeks posting suspension  for even suggesting something so audacious ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, kennw said:

Thai visa is a great forum for we farangs to express our opinions and many make significant and important points. Most of us dont have the channels to make our points to government officials where they can be read. Does "Thaivisa" have such a channel, that would at least allow our presence to be recognized or are we all just pis..ng in the wind.  

PI##ing in the wind I'm afraid. They simply don't care.