Chinese tourists will return to Thailand in October - "great opportunity" say tourism chiefs

webfact

23 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Obviously not complying with official government policy but what’s new ?

After saying that however when you look at the numbers the chance of it being fatal even for someone under 60 is minuscule.

I am sure people have had adverse reactions to other vaccines and even died but that’s life.

Not sure i know My mates in the UK had AZ and aged about 40 to 50 . just spoken the young Thai guy who fitting new air con he had AZ also about 30 years old so i supposse its what they have at the time 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Pakakrong Thepparak said that only half of tourism businesses were still open, 36% had closed temporarily and 4% had gone bust. 

Fake news. Closer to 80% closed, and not temporarily. Permanently. Gone bust. 4%? Shame on you. Liar! We see it with our own eyes. Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, Krabi, Lanta, Bangkok, CM. Devastated. 

And this was not an accident. This was more like sabotage. It was a massacre. 

All the tourist places in Lopburi are open, as they are in Khon Kaen.

Why would this guy lie?

3 hours ago, toolpush said:

They don't quarantine in state facilities. Anyone entering China is taken to a 2 or 3 star hotel or even sometimes a 4 star. You have no choice which hotel and the "guides" in the buses wont even tell you where you are headed. You end up at your hotel and that is where you stay; be it a dump or be it a luxury facility. A fellow worker was the only Guilao (foreigner) on a bus and when it arrived at the destination hotel, the Chinese travellers refused to get off the bus. He said there was a near riot because the hotel was a dump. The police were called and they talked about half the people off. They told my friend to stay on the bus. It then went to a different hotel which was even more of a dump. Chinese people know what awaits them upon return to China and they aren't interested.

Laowai u think in China, Guielo in Hong Kong 

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Pakakrong Thepparak said that only half of tourism businesses were still open, 36% had closed temporarily and 4% had gone bust. 

Fake news. Closer to 80% closed, and not temporarily. Permanently. Gone bust. 4%? Shame on you. Liar! We see it with our own eyes. Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, Krabi, Lanta, Bangkok, CM. Devastated. 

And this was not an accident. This was more like sabotage. It was a massacre. 

Lying is so easy and such as well honed art-form here.
Why tell the truth?

Fyi. I used to live in a Thapae - Loi Kroh area of Chiang Mail  We go back about once a month.  I'm simply floored by the economic destruction.  It doesn't effect those with government jobs and pensions.  So they just destroy the small and medium businesses in the name of Covid and implement a New Morality for the masses.  I have Thai friends whose businesses are now shuttered.  It's pretty freaking sad.  A complete and utter over-reaction.  This is what you get. 
Yeah. 4% closed permanently?  My butt.  Spoken by a government worker with a steady job and income.  I believe exactly nothing that comes out of this people's mouths any longer.  They are completely out of touch with the public as well as small and medium sized businesses.  Hopefully there is a place in Buddhist Hell for these charlatans for what they have done to the economy and the average person trying to make a living.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The rules applies to all the tourists. why this articles is flagged only the Chinese tourists.

No matter what AT is dreaming of a   rule to allow the Chinese tour operation to bring Chinese visitors to Thailand,  the Chinese government will not allow their citizens to bring home the virus back to China without quarantine. 

So how is TAT going to handle that

now for Thailand ,  the infection is rampant and vaccination effort has not reached yet the 50% mark .....How can the Chinese will feel comfortable sending their citizen to Thailand.

Thailand should be focused on health care and not on the "if" dream .  Things in the world are not the same anymore . It is better for Thailand  to find an alternative industry instead of dreaming of  the returned of " happy days again" tourism industry 

Just now, the green light said:

The rules applies to all the tourists. why this articles is flagged only the Chinese tourists.

No matter what TAT is dreaming of a   rule to allow the Chinese tour operation to bring Chinese visitors to Thailand,  the Chinese government will not allow their citizens to bring home the virus back to China without quarantine. 

So how is TAT going to handle that

now for Thailand ,  the infection is rampant and vaccination effort has not reached yet the 50% mark .....How can the Chinese will feel comfortable sending their citizen to Thailand.

Thailand should be focused on health care and not on the "if" dream .  Things in the world are not the same anymore . It is better for Thailand  to find an alternative industry instead of dreaming of  the returned of " happy days again" tourism industry 

35 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Just passed on this news item to a Chinese friend in Nanjing who used to come to Thailand often. 

He replied with a line of laughter and commented "tourists ?No way "

From the horse's mouth.

Of course not.

This forum has been freaking out over chinese tourists since the pandemic began and allow me to assure you that the #2 economy on the planet will not, under any circumstance, risk shutting down because covid was brought in by someone wanting to sit at an abandoned sandbox or whatever the new term Thailand has marketed their pathetic tourism drive right now.  

21 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

Total nonsense. China will never let their people here unless the country is at least 70% double  vaccinated and there is zero chance of that happening by October. Just another Thai govt fantasy. 

Thank you China!

Thailand needs to get off the Chinese teet. For a country which is so proud of its heritage and independence it beggars belief how much it is prepared to pander to a nation which treats it with contempt and disdain.

The Chinese tourists I have seen actively put westerners off from visiting here ever again. And yet here we are rolling out the red carpet to the very country which caused the pandemic to start with while the Chinese have closed their borders with everyone (no mention of racism when they did so) meaning tourists would have to quarantine upon returning to China. So its not going to happen.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Absolute nonsense and this clown should be held responsible for his lies and when this do not happen.

As someone who is in China having to complete 3 weeks mandatory quarantine (2 weeks in a state hotel) puts everyone off.

Coupled with an increase in media FUD that China is the safest place right now, all Chinese I know, don't wan't to leave and take the risk of traveling to Thailand or anywhere else for a holiday, especially to a country that is riddled with COVID and has a poor vaccination programme.

This news article should be filed in the section of pure fantasy.

i appreciate the news from China. Im next door in Nepal. Is the attitude u describe for vaccinated people as well? Have they no faith in their vaccine? From what I have seen here of it, they are right to be wary...it dunna work captain!

44 minutes ago, connda said:

Lying is so easy and such as well honed art-form here.
Why tell the truth?

Fyi. I used to live in a Thapae - Loi Kroh area of Chiang Mail  We go back about once a month.  I'm simply floored by the economic destruction.  It doesn't effect those with government jobs and pensions.  So they just destroy the small and medium businesses in the name of Covid and implement a New Morality for the masses.  I have Thai friends whose businesses are now shuttered.  It's pretty freaking sad.  A complete and utter over-reaction.  This is what you get. 
Yeah. 4% closed permanently?  My butt.  Spoken by a government worker with a steady job and income.  I believe exactly nothing that comes out of this people's mouths any longer.  They are completely out of touch with the public as well as small and medium sized businesses.  Hopefully there is a place in Buddhist Hell for these charlatans for what they have done to the economy and the average person trying to make a living.

Yeah. I couldn't agree with you more. I see more and more people sleeping on the streets. I see more and more shops closing down. Some of my favorite restaurants closed down.

There is a bridge next to my hotel, I used to go over it to go to 711 to buy some snacks late at night. Now the bridge is filled with people sleeping late at night. So I go around and take different route for my own safety. But I feel really bad for them.

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thailand needs to get off the Chinese teet. For a country which is so proud of its heritage and independence it beggars belief how much it is prepared to pander to a nation which treats it with contempt and disdain.

The Chinese tourists I have seen actively put westerners off from visiting here ever again. And yet here we are rolling out the red carpet to the very country which caused the pandemic to start with while the Chinese have closed their borders with everyone (no mention of racism when they did so) meaning tourists would have to quarantine upon returning to China. So its not going to happen.

Guessing you are a dad........can you recall what it was like when a cherub was pulled off the teat against its wishes?.......5555

We can maybe read that in a different way. As from October, Thailand will officially be the new province of China..... the one where they put people in quarantine..... think about it ...

Edited by decca60

Just now, decca60 said:

We can maybe read that in a different way. As from October, Thailand will officially be the new province of China..... the one where they put people in quarantaine..... 

Good point.......Chinese to quarantine in China or Thailand......mmmmm???

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I agree that millions of Chinese tourists will come in October... October 2022 that is.

the uptake of vaccinations here, make that 2023