Chinese tourists will return to Thailand in October - "great opportunity" say tourism chiefs

webfact

There is a Thai Royal College of Physicians.   That's the one that is telling the Thai government to get more vaccines quick.  Look at the front page of the local post for complete information.

1 hour ago, Charlie Halliday said:

Total nonsense. China will never let their people here unless the country is at least 70% double  vaccinated and there is zero chance of that happening by October. Just another Thai govt fantasy. 

Maybe the Thais didn't get the memo?  maybe it is stored in the plans of the bullet train?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

All the tourist places in Lopburi are open, as they are in Khon Kaen.

Why would this guy lie?

All 5 of them open? That's amazing.

How about the hundreds closed in Pattaya, and similar numbers in each and every other tourist resort?

Thai visa is a great forum for we farangs to express our opinions and many make significant and important points. Most of us dont have the channels to make our points to government officials where they can be read. Does "Thaivisa" have such a channel, that would at least allow our presence to be recognized or are we all just pis..ng in the wind.  

1 hour ago, StrandedBusinessPerson said:

i appreciate the news from China. Im next door in Nepal. Is the attitude u describe for vaccinated people as well? Have they no faith in their vaccine? From what I have seen here of it, they are right to be wary...it dunna work captain!

The view that I get that the other countries outside of China are doing poorly. Yes they forget where the pandemic started and often the rhetoric is that it is a western driven virus.

They do as they are told mostly here and believe what they are told, not knowing they are slaves of the system. Proud and nationalistic often provides an overlook, to what is really happening.

7 hours ago, kennw said:

Thai visa is a great forum for we farangs to express our opinions and many make significant and important points. Most of us dont have the channels to make our points to government officials where they can be read. Does "Thaivisa" have such a channel, that would at least allow our presence to be recognized or are we all just pis..ng in the wind.  

The latter. 

If the government could read they would close TV for fake news. 

• Haha 2

On 6/30/2021 at 11:28 AM, webfact said:

This would all be part of Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha's grand reopening of the country in 120 days.

Grand reopening of the country - just like his 'grand vaccination programme '. <deleted>.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

All the tourist places in Lopburi are open, as they are in Khon Kaen.

Why would this guy lie?

A dozen different reasons. I have been on the road alot lately. 90% of the tourist spots on Samui, and Lanta are closed. I hear the same about Phuket. And I have been hearing similar about Pattaya and CM. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

A dozen different reasons. I have been on the road alot lately. 90% of the tourist spots on Samui, and Lanta are closed. I hear the same about Phuket. And I have been hearing similar about Pattaya and CM. 

There is areas on Phuket that look normal only some areas are deserted come to the south of the island Rawai is doing ok if you go to Phuket Town on the weekend it is busy

• Confused 1

people have made some very interesting and pertinent comments,id like to add one  more.the chinese vaccs offer minimal cover and thats being generous .ask indonesian medical staff,hasnt stopped them dying in massive nos when fully innoculated.id be surprised if theyre allowed into europe but brussels pen pushers are banning[requiring a quarantine period for visitors which equates to a ban on holiday makers ] fully jabbed uk residents but ........money talks and bs walks.they seem enamoured with Xi.