ASEANNOW.com - Thaivisa.com rebrands and expands beyond Thailand

webfact

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Can anyone point me to (a) the support forum? I want to report a possible fault and ask about changing the font top something more readable. And (b) the Thailand banking forum?

Yes, the font is also terrible. Very difficult to read. Seems the folks making these decisions are all rank amateurs. 

4 hours ago, J Town said:

What the hell?!? The font just went back to suck and the option to change the Theme was removed.

I find the new font headache-inducing and as you say, the option to change has been removed.

I would go to the other channel, but I'm not particularly interested in looking at pics of what foreigners in Thailand are having for dinner.

I'll find something better to do, and hope somebody sorts this brainfart out at some stage.

8 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Can anyone point me to (a) the support forum? I want to report a possible fault and ask about changing the font top something more readable. And (b) the Thailand banking forum?

a) https://aseannow.com/forum/19-forum-support-desk/

b) https://aseannow.com/forum/13-jobs-economy-banking-business-investments/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Just curious, but it seems like a lot of sections from the previous Thaivisa Forums are missing. Farang Pub, Marriage/Family discussions... is that a feature or a bug?

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Work in progress.

Yeap...a lot of sections/subforums are Missing in Action...gone...or at least I can't find them.  

2 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

Took me a little while to find the Thai farming forum which is my main interest. The font is not clear at all. 

I've been struggling with it all day. Just had my second large Leo and its amazingly clearer.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, J Town said:

What the hell?!? The font just went back to suck and the option to change the Theme was removed.

Frustrating that they've stripped what should be a very basic user option out.  This can be a problem for people with poor vision. 

There are browser plugins that will let you override fonts on a site-by-site basis:

You can also change fonts on Firefox without a plugin (though this will override fonts for ALL sites)....

Go to settings....

image.thumb.png.7c184dba08ae29dd455ba2d613296c84.png

Then search for Font and click on the Advanced button....

image.png.557bc72f86342705a0fc14cdf2d33356.png

Then uncheck the "Allow pages to choose their own fonts...." box.....

image.thumb.png.e7ec58dde3f2edbc69b12cac2b1cc3b2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

they should have maybe started a thread explaining what was going to happen and asked for suggestions for a new name. There might have been some funny ones but also something better than the new one.

As for all the complaints about who owns it, where it is based and members fears for their personal information. Well it just means there is now space for a new Thailand  centric competitor website if someone is willing to set one up.

Maybe it could be called ThaiVsa?

This is a good thing for the forum

even though each country in Asean have their favorite forums

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/public-and-social-sector/our-insights/understanding-asean-seven-things-you-need-to-know

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Some posters over on Reddit r/Thailand posted some info about Tessanet Limited and the thread was immediately closed. A search of this company yields nothing useful.

Very suspicious

TV: you are going to lose most of your users. The sudden nature of this without any notice to the community is boneheaded. 

Quote......

Kartoothedog

·6h

I did some research on Thaivisa a year
ago, this is what I found with the limited info that is available
online. The Kowloon company that is owned by Alex Scalia is a domain
name holding company that among its hundreds of domain names it owns,
includes Thaivisa.com.
The domain name expires in a couple of
months time and is valued at 60,000 us dollars. I assume for TV to
continue using the domain name they will have to pay Tessanet as they
are the registered owners of the domain name.
The website owner (but not the domain
name owner) is still listed as a George Adams as of 1January 21.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thailand/comments/obs4sg/thai_visa_forum_now_asean_now/

• Thanks 1