June vaccination target exceeded: Health Minister

webfact

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It's crazy.  In the UK they're even saying to illegal immigrants "just come and get a vaccine, we won't ask you any questions", because they want to actually control the virus.

I'm stuck in Blackpool, walked past two pop up vaccination places the other day, one in the middle of the town and one in a supermarket car park. Anybody could just turn up and get it. Thailand is just digging ever deeper holes - though vaccine chaos purchase is not helping - everyone connected to it should resign now - or rather be sacked

• Like 1

The Minister of Public Health has revealed Thailand’s vaccination campaign exceeded its 6 million jabs target in June, with the supply of 10-12 million doses expected this month.

But elsewhere it is said that Siam Bioscience will only be able to deliver 5 million doses this month for reasons unspecified.  Some of the shortfall of AZ in June was made up with 500,000 doses from Korea and another million has been ordered from Japan.  I think another 2 million of the useless Sinovac has also been ordered.  So there will still be a shortfall of at least 2-3 million doses in July. 

They Relied on Chinese Vaccines. Now They’re Battling Outbreaks.

More than 90 countries are using Covid shots from China. Experts say recent infections in those places should serve as a cautionary tale in the global effort to fight the disease.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm stuck in Blackpool, walked past two pop up vaccination places the other day, one in the middle of the town and one in a supermarket car park. Anybody could just turn up and get it. Thailand is just digging ever deeper holes - though vaccine chaos purchase is not helping - everyone connected to it should resign now - or rather be sacked

But they set up a constitution which makes it impossible to get rid of them. So no accountability to the electorate and no need to resign. Only the military could dislodge them and they are kept sweet with a regular flow of transference of taxpayers' wealth.  What could go wrong?

So it's confirmed then, "they" have all been vaccinated - twice apparently according to dirty Anutin. Maybe now the can start vaccinating the non-politicians and the non-connected. Assuming, of course, that they have the inclination to order so many jabs for "the people". 

A first shot is not fully vaccinated, and I doubt that the Thai population will get their second shot until sometime next year.

Well if you are in the tourism business you may have a chance, but forget your chances if you are just a Joe schmo

or an expat..  That what the news of today seems to say.

Geezer

55 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

A first shot is not fully vaccinated, and I doubt that the Thai population will get their second shot until sometime next year.

Well if you are in the tourism business you may have a chance, but forget your chances if you are just a Joe schmo

or an expat..  That what the news of today seems to say.

Geezer

As an expat I have to say I've had my first shot of AZ in Bangkok, and the second is scheduled Sept. 14.

Sad to say (slight sarcasm alert) I won't be here if my PCR test goes right in a week. If just rats leave a sinking ship, all I can say is squeak, squeak.

Yesterday they only did 30,907.  Last weekend they dropped down to about the same level.  The target of 350,000 a day has vever been hit and thousands of appointents have been cancelled.  So I am not sure why Anutin thinks he is on target.  In addition the rural doctors have reported there will be another shortfall of about 5 million AZ from the local producer in July. 

Not sure why he keeps ordering more Sinovac with doctors dying of COVID in  Indonesia after two doses of Sinovac. It is obvious it doesn't work.