Thai govt proposes fines of 500,000 baht for posting photos of alcoholic drinks online

webfact

4 hours ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

So. A ladyboy goes out and bashes a faring over the head and steals his money. (s)he is given a 500 baht fine and sent on his/her way. You take a holiday snap with your friends with beers in front of you and can get fined 1000 times that. When did this country become Saudi Arabia? This government is completely full of Morons.

It's way there I fixed it for you 

Although its only a Thai govt "proposal of fines of 500,000 Bt "etc ..it does rather seem  a backward step for a country that relies on international tourism for 20 % of it national income...I will not however criticize ... only admonish  after all they have been elected to serve...(finger in mouth)  the good people of Thailand and what they come up with although obscure and disingenous to us "ferangs" its still down to them..rest my case...Last Chang...yes..chi..krup..gao..

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you think that stopping people from drinking alcohol will improve the road death statistics ?

Yes it would help. Maybe wearing a crash might help too, They all seem t wear a mask. A lot of good that is. 555

On 7/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, elgenon said:

One of the reasons some people will not get vaccinated in the US is the fear of being injected with a tracking chip. I think Thailand would like to do just that. : )

A friend pointed out that people who fear the vaccine contains a tracking chip should give up their phones. You are already being tracked in many ways. What's one more? 555

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I read a report that it was just bar owners or people advertising alcohol that would face prosecution for posting photos of alcoholic drinks  

There was some movie star got fined 50k for posting on FB

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not sure now

The law which he got charged under was 

. "No person shall advertise or display, directly or indirectly, the name or trademark of alcohol in a manner showing the properties thereof or inducing another person to drink."