Tourism Council announce their four scenarios for return of foreign tourists in 2021 - 3 million tops, 1 million worst

webfact

They have only given the 1st jab to 14% of the adult population (~53M) so far. Yesterday (3rd July) they managed a paltry 81K 1st jab & 17K 2nd jab. The numbers are a joke every weekend, Covid doesn't have a weekend break!!! Why can't the dummies in charge organize shifts so there is cover for holidays and the weekends...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bullseye66 said:

Most of us on this forum know the situation, the lies, the stupidity.  And most of us won't be travelling to Thailand until the ridiculous quarentine rules and various other daft rules are removed and bars, restaurants and entertainment areas can open fully. That is the reality.

It is the reality, remains the ones being here...

"Manager" - "Manager" - "Manager"  . . . every few words it's "told" Manager" this" or "he said to "Manager".
Is this article written for some kind of secret society? Who on earth is "Manager", and what's he got to do with anything? Are we supposed to know?
A very irritatingly-penned piece, very smug - evidently written by a young, trainee spy for a secret organisation.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

_____$$$$$-1-m -Capture.JPG

It's the inevitable effect of somebody further up the chain bestowing a Position of Importance upon an uneducated and unqualified family member - cousin, son-in-law etc. Lots of self importance but very little brain. There's a lot of this in Thailand.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Looking at the actual Phuket sandbox numbers that are starting to trickle in, let's just say I find this projection very optimistic, if not outright delusional.

Yes, outright delusional. Typical of how the average Thai mind works. All nice words. All about the face. Utterly detached from reality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, mtls2005 said:

Four potential predictions?

Regular Nostradamus here.

Yes, TAT are starting to hedge their bets - not before time, I might add! And still way wide of the mark!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moneyhonour said:

I think they must rename the scenario's for more understanding.

Scenario # 1 = White Horse

Scenario #2 = Red Horse

Scenario #3 = Black Horse

Scenario #4 = Pale Horse

The disclaimer can be found in the Book of Revelations.

????

Scenario #5 = Dead Horse

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Around 300 arrived in ' The Sandcastle ' the first day, a good start. Do I need to mention this is sarcastic. 5555555

The way things are now, I wouldn't go to Thailand if it was all free including air fare.  

Send someone over with a club to hit me on the head a few hundred times and I may change my mind.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Midwit said:

How are cases rising?  I thought the masks and no drinking would stop the spread. 

Nothing besides total lockdown , meaning Chinese style lockdown , fully 100% stay inside , will stop the spread . Do not meet other people , so you can't give it to another person . 2nd best is vaccination . After that it is all just trying to slow the spread . Some things are more restrictive then others , and the more restrictive , the better it works since it gets closer and closer to total lockdown . 

Facemasks is not very restrictive but does help to keep particles closer to you , so less chance of giving it to another person . Drinking does nothing at all to stop the spread BUT many people drink together , and also the more they drink the louder they get and the closer they get together . Drinking alone in your room is fine , drinking in group certainly does promote the spread .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

The way things are now, I wouldn't go to Thailand if it was all free including air fare.  

Send someone over with a club to hit me on the head a few hundred times and I may change my mind.  

I wouldn't go that far , but yes , at the moment and the way things look , i am not at all planning to go in the next few months . In fact i was hoping to buy a ticket for October about now , but i am 100% not ready for that .

Why so much focus on just Chinese? If Thailand would stop the arduous drawn out COE, ASQ, Airline, Insurance pre travel coordination process, people will come.  Maybe require vaccination proof and an up front COE before getting a visa or even before being allowed in from say the Visa Exempt, would be understandable.  i don't agree with the COVID vaccine approach, but Thailand as do most other countries does have some disease vaccination rules in place so that would not be ground breaking.  I am ready to semi retire and spend 6 months of each year there.  I can afford all the current ASQ, insurance and other stuff,  I just don't trust the Thais to not change things and I hate money grabs.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:13 PM, ezzra said:

Scenarios are dime a dozen and so are dreaming, reality however, is what will happen tomorrow, not in a 120 days, and so far things are not looking good for Thailand as far as vaccinating their population...

If they were putting as much effort in to obtaining vaccines and getting them into arms  as opening Phuket and other parts of the country we may think they care for people more than money  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sezze said:

I wouldn't go that far , but yes , at the moment and the way things look , i am not at all planning to go in the next few months . In fact i was hoping to buy a ticket for October about now , but i am 100% not ready for that .

I'd go that far and then some.  If I were having a beer with anyone I'd tell them they're downright crazy for even thinking of going on holiday there right now.

What we are witnessing is the health care system crashing.  And it is nowhere near it's peak yet.  Wait one more week and this is going to be staggering.

You need a doctor there for any reason, you probably aren't getting one.  And forget a bed.  Crash your bike, get stung by a jellyfish, get attacked by cockroaches or wild monkeys and want a rabies shot?  You've got a problem.  

“Deputy chief of the Tourism Council of Thailand Wichit Prakopkosol said that he was absolutely thrilled with the Thai government's plans to reopen the country within 120 days. “

I’M SO INSPIRED AND AM MOVED TO TEARS. I’M SURE THOSE MILLIONS WHO ARE LEFT JOBLESS MUST FEEL THE SAME WAY. THERE TRULY IS HOPE IN THE AIR. 

”…Tourism Council announce their four scenarios for return of foreign tourists in 2021 - 3 million tops, 1 million worst”. 

To put this in perspective, 3 million (best case) is 7.6% - 1 million is 2.5% of 2019’s numbers. Even 1 million is overly optimistic, IMO. 

Let’s break out the balloons and party hats.

By October we will know a few things.  We will know more about the Delta variant and how deadly it is

as well as how contagious it is. We will know if the Phuket sand box is a success or failure.  We will know

that Winter will arrive shortly, and more people will be looking for a tropical escape.  We will also know if Thailand 

indeed received any Pfizer, Moderna or any other vaccines beside the 2 choices they are trying to get today.

My hopes are that by November conditions improve, and some of the rules will be more relaxed. I am forever hopeful.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error
  • Like 1

Here is a little known factoid.  China isn't and hasn't been allowing its citizens to renew their passports during the pandemic.  I am sure that will hurt Thai tourism for a long time after Thailand finally opens up.  Who knows, maybe China will never renew passports and this is just another way to control its citizens.  I don't understand why they aren't doing renewals, but I was told it was to keep people from traveling and then potentially returning with COVID.  It seems there is a much better way to accomplish the same thing......no Chinese can fly out.  

• Like 1