Twenty percent of donated Pfizer vaccines from US must go to foreigners living in Thailand, says CCSA general

webfact

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Toughtittie.

They wouldn't have got the other 80% if it weren't for the US' generosity, which given Thailand's sucking up to China all the time, was extremely magnanimous.

In the unlikely event Thailand ever donates anything to countries poorer than itself, they can call the shots.

US taxpayers paid for this. Once again, foreign aid = poor people in rich countries donating to rich people in poor countries.

Its a token gesture, you have an abundance of vaccines since April, so much so they are encouraging vaccine tourism and dishing them out at airport arrivals.  Worry about the tax breaks as cities fight over tech/startup/tesla-like companies rather than avg $17/pp vaccines, vaccinne tourism and donations are probably less than $1million a day.

Edited by asiam110

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Agreed.

All Thai immigrants in the U.S. (legal and illegal) can get free vaccinations.

Many (hundreds? thousands?) Thais have traveled to the U.S on tourist visas and gotten free vaccinations.

OK, so we're donating 1.2 MM doses. If you don't want them tell us. And we will stop any future donations.

Otherwise sit down and shut up.

Hundreds? Thousands? think bigger, Lets say 100,000 , of the most expensive double $26x2 dose moderna to make you feel better, what's that 5.2million dollars, your local mcdonalds probably got a bigger tax break to refurbish their gardens.

Edited by asiam110
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And paid Thai hospitals to administer the shots.

China also donated a tranche or three of Sinovac, with the stipulation that all their citizens here got vaccinated.

The irony is they will have minimal protection now, due to the Delta variant beginning to dominate.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I believe Japan donated 1 million AZ, so there’s that.

And Thailand did opt out of covax, another annoying fact.

France sent doses of Jansson for its own nationals in Thailand.

and Thailand has only been open about having a Covid problem since, say, June.

the link between Thailand’s situation and Bill Gates a US billionaire seems, mmmmm, 

Japan an Asian counrty is not in the reckoning. Thailand and Covax while annoying to you is irrelevant and France looking after it's own just about underlines the point.

A Big Pharma supporter but what was that about Indian Pfizer manufacture and export? Oh nothing. Mmmmmm.

Edited by bipper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

Thailand had the opportunity to join the Covax program, but turned it down.

How's that relevant to the money grabbing big Pharma dividend kill? Taxpayers fund the research while shareholders reap the rewards. Like I said BIGGER PICTURE.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Misty said:

According to the U.S. Census

Yeah, again I was referring to immigrants, legal and illegal, who are not yet citizens.

But the nitpicking detail hardly matters when the topic is that Thais in the U.S. get vaccinations.

26 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They built 'Hadrian Wall'. If the Jockanese get independence could they come back and refurbish it please? 

They would have to relocate a lot of it.......but not a bad idea......and it may well be a requirement for continued EU membership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20% of Pfizer being donated to Thailand should go to ALL foreigners. All 1.5 million should go to us. Besides that Thailand has supposedly ordered 20K doses of Pfizer but that's what we heard about Moderna. Until Moderna told us Thailand never placed a order. Don't be surprised if the 1.5 million of Pfizer goes to Thais along with the 20 million if it ever comes

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, again I was referring to immigrants, legal and illegal, who are not yet citizens.

But the nitpicking detail hardly matters when the topic is that Thais in the U.S. get vaccinations.

Apologies, I thought I was supporting your point. My intention was not to nitpick.

• Like 1