Twenty percent of donated Pfizer vaccines from US must go to foreigners living in Thailand, says CCSA general

webfact

5 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Burmese and Cambodian construction workers are foreigners, and probably regarded as far more important to the Thai economy than retired farang expats, so no prizes for guessing who the 20% is going to.

And the retired farang Expats can afford to pay for themselves too..... in advance.... based on naught. . 

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Give them to the Burmese, they never get anything else here apart from blame and abuse

It will be interesting to find out how many Burmese will be given the vaccine -- compared to the "other" foreigners! That is, of course, that the figures will be kept accurately and efficiently recorded and monitored!

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

if "must" that means it was condition for this donation.

I would think only the USA citizens at first, when all done, the rest for the USA allies (brits).

That would be all, not enough for the rest.

Foreign teachers will get their jab in late summer, very few elderly and sick getting now and within near future, but about half of expats will be at mercy of the second part of the vax program, middle/end of autumn

I'm American and wish you were right, but I think we're dreaming. Thinking about Thailand's priorities - "foreigners" could easily mean the thousands of construction and factory workers from Myanmar, Lao, Cambodia....these people mean much more to the Thai economy than we do. I'm not optimistic about this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Looking forward to the posts where American expats say thank you to Biden administration for doing this. 

Maybe if we lie and tell him we will vote Democrat in 2022 he will send 20 million shots?

• Haha 2

guess they are starting feel the heat.  right move, excellent.  now we don't have to fly home and quarantine. i will assume we can march down to RAM with our U.S. passports in hand?

Edited by malibukid

30 minutes ago, connda said:

That it is.  Which is why these are the halcyon days of vaccines.  Wait until 2023 when the vaccine plants are cranking out billions a year.  Vaccines in authoritarian countries will be essentially mandated (most countries will have fully moved to an authoritarian model of governance) and vaccines will be mandated on a 3 to 6 month revolving schedule as Big Pharma milks the new cash cow in a now Trillion dollar a year industry (Long Moderna)  They'll be using children names for variants (just like hurricanes) as they long ago ran out of Greek letters as periodic lock-downs and mandatory mask wearing is still the norm.  The unvaccinated will be blamed for the variants.  Small business will have been decimated most being a fond memory as malls, hypermarts, and corporate restaurants with their own delivery staff will now be the only option for those with vaccines.  Those without will languish in the ranks of unvaccinated apartheid.  Shunned, oppressed, perhaps imprisoned...or worse, as they are 'encouraged' by all means necessary to join the ranks of the vaccinated and add to Big Pharma's bottom line.  Cha-Ching!  The main-stream media will be nothing but unending fear.
Well, in my crystal ball at least. 

Your crystal ball is working well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bipper said:

https://makemedicinesaffordable.org/medicine-equality-now?twclid=11412201968689315840

None. Why?

Because the millions of vaccines exported from India to the richest countries in the world completely disproves the rhetoric. Thailand is a developing country that as yet hasn't seen one misely shot from the developed world and millions from China albeit its usefulness is in question against Delta.

Gates is full of $£€$. It is all about money.

Thailand is not a poor country.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

Foreign teachers will get their jab in late summer

Foreign teachers at my daughter's school have already been jabbed.

As have the caddies at a local golf course.

It's all about who you are and who you know.

"Worcester" as they say in the Middle East ????

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I don’t believe the tag government can accurately count 20% of them may be like 1% in reality if that when Chyna made sure that all the Chinese people living in Thailand vaccinated the type people said absolutely nothing be an ex pat living in Thailand is that a crapshoot if you want to pay they don’t have anything available when they get it for free Sorry man it’s just about money for themselves the rich get richer TIT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

There are two ways.

You believe rhem.

Or...

You do not believe them.

I do not...

My wife works in a government school in the Northeast. The teachers should be vaccinated the next days.

But only for Thais. Foeigners not.

Thai fascism first!!

I will expose this discrimination all over the planet, because it is disgusting.

Ir also proves how unwelcome foreigners in Thailand.

Finally, I pray that this econony suffer more.

I agree with your statement it is a racist stance  , yet  i can  not agree  that i want to pray the Thai economy will suffer .

1 hour ago, vinci said:

i would like to see them give half of those 300k dose to the US embassy so they can vaccinate their citizen first, good publicity for the US embassy i guess, meh! me probably asking too much.

Latest numbers I have is around 40,000 US citizens living here (may be a bit off but not by much), so 1/2 of 300,000 would still be almost 4 doses each.  You'd be all set through to Covid 25. 

• Like 2

Just now, Surelynot said:

I agree................You only have to stand on Sukhumvit or Thong lo for 10 minutes to see that.....the problem like everywhere is that the wealth is highly concentrated.

Wealth distribution in Thailand is wanting 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

i know a soi dog.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

i know a soi dog.

• Haha 1