It’s like they’ve never been away! Video shows foreign tourists enjoying Phuket Sandbox

webfact

5 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Well its a start would like to hear from the owners of hotels and restaurants once the 12000 tourists arrive by the end of July 

On how their businesses are doing?

Come back at the end of July 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

This one never made it back to the hotel.................

A policeman squeezes hand sanitizer for Egil Bruland at Wichit Police Station on Phuket. Bruland, a 83-year-old tourist from Norway, was traveling on the island as part of the Phuket Sandbox program when he was unable to find his way back to his hotel.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1412294744298770432

Now....squirty cream would have been funny

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

As mentioned, lots of posts and photos/videos on social media, otherwhelmingly positive.   A recurring theme though is people asking where on the island there is any life as where they are is 'dead' and though their hotels are OK, they want to move.   Sadly, these questions seem to originate from those staying in Patong.   Obviously there's been large problem with expectations.

One complaint I did see on FB was some of these hotels are operating with limited facilities 

3 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Indeed, staffing will be a problem for the foreseeable future I guess.   Bit of chicken and egg, people are not going to return from their home provinces until there is some form of guarantee of long term employment which resorts can't offer until there is a definitive demand.

My friend owns a 50 bed hotel which she closed down now she tells me to get the staff back she has to pay them to come back because they have no money and I guess none of them have been vaccinated

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

Russian babes playing volley ball would have been a more productive promotion

No they are trying to move away from  "sleazy"  to  "high class family" ( no alcohol) ????

birka.thumb.JPG.9f7a0d53628c4118c52931ee8a0fbb94.JPG

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

I would prefer to see some reports by expats, rather than what you, and TCT, want us to believe.

They are tourists having a good time....who cares what expats think? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

All the people staying at phuket at the moment where asked to join there . If you make an arial video with a drone , the while island will be dark and empty except that spot . 

Wrong, only the core west coast resort towns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And FB and other news sources reporting the Thai Taxi Mafia in Phuket wasted no time in ripping off the tourists like there was no tomorrow.

Old habits die hard for these scammers.

And the local governor is going to look into it......................5555555555555555555555 

And mentioned something about metered taxis like BKK in a fuzzy statement...................555555555555

You know these ill gotten gains flow uphill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1