60 Baht and 25 Setang

On 7/7/2021 at 4:09 PM, Saltire said:

Possible, but to be certain you'd need to know if she was following training (so Tesco are the theives) or she was showing a bit of initiative.

Either way all Tesco have to do is take satang off every price.

You expect Tesco to make a loss, even if it is a small amount for an individual item? Over a day and thousands of items sold it could be a substantial amount.

In NZ we don't have small coins anymore, but they still have prices with 1 or 2 cents because when people pay with a card it is included. It's only when paying with cash that the 1 or 2 cents is rounded down.

I believe that most purchases are done with a card in NZ and I assume likewise in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its not the money , if someone wants to mess about asking for  25 Setangs , they should be prepared to give 75 Setang change 

25 satang Which you should have given from the start, your whole post IS about the money. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its not the money , if someone wants to mess about asking for  25 Setangs , they should be prepared to give 75 Setang change 

I agree she should have given the change, but IMO she has to take the 25 satang, and can't just let it go, so not "messing about". She's an employee of a large company, not the owner of a small shop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

The OP didn't refuse to pay - if he did I think that would have been the start of something.

You know as well as I do, that the OP is not about the money but about the Sales girl assuming she doesn't need to give change.

Others have said on here and I have said elsewhere that satang need to be abolished. The point on this entire issue is that if satang ARE being used then both customers and suppliers are obliged in principle to pay and/or receive change.

The OP was not doing anything more than commenting on a moment in his life that I thought at first when reading would attract only a few laughing smilies.

It would be petty if any of us fall out over it!

The whole OP is petty.

• Like 1

TOT take Satang coins .My TOT bill is always 631.30 B.  My wife said she would go and pay the bill. I said the envelope has the right money in it.  There was a Thousand note , a twenty a 10 B , 1 B coin and 25 satang , She said they want 30 Satang. , I replied ok here is a 50 Satang , don't forget I need 20 change . On and on she went . This month I went and paid and I gave the lady 1000 B , 20 B ,10 B , 1 B and 25 Satang. All smiles and I got 400 Change .  So much hassle over something so small , oh there are other issues too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

he said, the cashier had to hold out her hand and wait for the .25 baht... sounded like she was miffed and that he was reneging/stalling in protest,,,,

No, I immediately looked in my pockets and gave her the money .

She had to wait for the time it took me to put my hand in my pocket and find some coins 

On 7/7/2021 at 11:06 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

No , Tips are given voluntarily . 

This was a case of deliberately giving people the wrong change and possibly keeping the access .

This was attempted theft 

You are a hero sir.

Really showed that scumbag.!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

The OP didn't refuse to pay - if he did I think that would have been the start of something.

You know as well as I do, that the OP is not about the money but about the Sales girl assuming she doesn't need to give change.

Others have said on here and I have said elsewhere that satang need to be abolished. The point on this entire issue is that if satang ARE being used then both customers and suppliers are obliged in principle to pay and/or receive change.

The OP was not doing anything more than commenting on a moment in his life that I thought at first when reading would attract only a few laughing smilies.

It would be petty if any of us fall out over it!

He started it! So there! He who laughs last and all that. 5555

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is an unpleasant thing to say  , especially to a person who is the victim of attempted theft 

What you did was the most unpleasant part of this thread.

Do you actually READ what you post ?

Attempted Theft ? 555 Oh Poor Me - I am a Victim !

I am having a hard time deciding whether you are full of yourself or just full of it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canthai55 said:

What you did was the most unpleasant part of this thread.

Do you actually READ what you post ?

Attempted Theft ? 555 Oh Poor Me - I am a Victim !

I am having a hard time deciding whether you are full of yourself or just full of it

Well, the facts are that she was attempting to keep money that wasnt hers or what she was entitled to and she was attempting to keep my money , which is indeed theft  .

Yes, theft is unpleasant , but no need to shoot the messenger

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2021 at 6:58 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, deliberately short changing someone is theft , running away would not be a necessity to regard it as theft .

If what you say is correct, then…

I go into tesco, grab some Oreos, stand at the counter and stare at the cashier… I could then be arrested for “theft”. Lol

you can’t possibly believe this. I just… can’t… believe you do.