Yellow House Book

Hi all, been having a problem with obtaining a house book at my local amphoe office, got letter from immigration 500b translation passport and birth certificate 300b, wife and I have been there 5 times now today when my wife called him he hung up when we got there he was very rude and threw the paperwork at my wife and told to go away, we tried to see his boss but was told he was busy, went to police not interested, called boss of village he said you need to see his boss in the amphoe office, I live in a small village been in Thailand 13 years so I know what lawyers are like, never needed a house book before but I'm being told I need this and pink id card to register for the vaccination, any sensible answers how to deal with this fool. Thanks

Edited by ancharee
spelling
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Throw papers at your Mrs and was very rude to her.

I'd go everyday until the boss was there to deal with your reasonable request. 

As for the other guy I know what I would do but can't post it. 

Believe me what i would like to do i cant post

• Like 2

Just now, Crossy said:

Sadly I think this is the only real solution, you could ask your puyai baan to accompany you as he likely knows the boss and can use some influence. A small gratuity for puyai baan would not be out of order if he gets a result.

Thank's my wife is going back on monday and see if she can see his boss and explain how this fool is behaving, I thought they were public servants in that office if she has no luck will try boss of village.

• Like 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

The guy is wrong and I got my yellow book with no trouble at all at Sukhothai govt office, they were very helpful.

Funny story they wanted my MA in-law there at the time and asked her when she was born and she said in the summer time. 555

yes they want us to take a neighbor or two after that the boss of the village, but cant get passed this fool, also the immigration letter has a sell buy date ( 3 months ) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sadly I think this is the only real solution, you could ask your puyai baan to accompany you as he likely knows the boss and can use some influence. A small gratuity for puyai baan would not be out of order if he gets a result.

I don't know what farangies do today but to get my yellow book up here in the boonies I had to take my wife and her house book, her mum, and wife's eldest brother in the family, a head person from our local area govt who we paid for her attending the office of the main province govt office in Sukhothai and it took 2 weeks before I received my yellow house book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ancharee said:

Thank's my wife is going back on monday and see if she can see his boss and explain how this fool is behaving, I thought they were public servants in that office if she has no luck will try boss of village.

There are no public servants…

In many countries there are people who work in positions of bureaucracy doing as little as possible. 

In Thailand, that’s positions of bureaucracy come with a uniform and farcical element of power which makes the term ‘public servant’ somewhat of an oxymoron! 

• Like 2

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Op do you know any ‘Thais with a higher profile’ ??? They may be able to help. 

My Wife & I had a problem with a rude amphur officer. She (the amphitheater officer refused to give us her name, refused to give us her bosses name).

That evening we told my FiL who was furious. He made a call, within 15 mins the Senior guy called up to apologise. 

Options: get a respected Thai person to call up and make an appointment with a senior officer. 
Once there he will likely delegate to a junior, even the same one, but you may achieve your objective. 

thanks, I used to know the top police man here we went to see him after this happened today but he is no longer here, for now my wife will go back on monday with the boss of the village and see how that goes

• Like 1

Is it mandatory to be Married to obtain a Yellow book? don't own a condo ,not married and on Retirement extension.Friend got told to get out and stop wasting her time because he wasn't married  

Just now, wozza said:

Is it mandatory to be Married to obtain a Yellow book? don't own a condo ,not married and on Retirement extension.Friend got told to get out and stop wasting her time because he wasn't married  

been married 10 years

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

but many Amphoes will put up roadblocks to make it as difficult as possible.

General because the process involves quite a bit of work for the amphur officer.

Work they don’t want to do when ‘their bubble tea & TikTok is calling !!! 

The Amphur officer who process my yellow Tabien Baan took about two hours to go though the paperwork. 
She was initially ‘reluctant’ to go through the process, but the hops were easy to jump through. 

I guess the hoop jumping filters out the fence sitters who are not really bothered about getting the book. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What on earth my mother and father's full name have to do with a pink card application is beyond my understanding.

That's funny--From Udon Thani-I have had yellow book for quite some years , but decided to get a pink card last month. everyone friendly and no problems, but that was one of the questions & it was written down on the form she was filling in. I guess they must take the same questions  as the Thai ID form, because they always ask family names when issuing Thai ID cards etc.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

All you need is permission from the homeowner to get one but many Amphoes will put up roadblocks to make it as difficult as possible.

Thanks for the replies and yes ol mate has hit the roadblock the home owner is his partner of 6 years 

I understand there is a main amphur's office in the city (of the province you live in) where you can go and make your application and complain about the local office. 

I had trouble myself but got it on the 3rd visit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Three visits there, about 4 hours all up. I had to exercise a fair bit of jai yenn yenn. What on earth my mother and father's full name have to do with a pink card application is beyond my understanding. I started wondering if I was going to be asked for a log of my bowel movements.

Your mother and father's names are needed to be able to establish your identity. Afterall they are providing you with an identity card!

The transcriptions also serve to establish the spelling of your name in Thai.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I understand there is a main amphur's office in the city (of the province you live in) where you can go and make your application and complain about the local office. 

I had trouble myself but got it on the 3rd visit.

The office is in the town 2k from my village, my wife will try again on monday but bypass the nasty piece of work, it's clear he dose not want me to have a yellow book and pink card. thanks for reply

16 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The sad reality is that, when it comes to issuing yellow books, amphurs are in serious competition with immigration offices and (when it comes to opening accounts for foreigners) banks for the annual Great Thai Master Of Inconsistency award.

I agree with you on that, I thought if you jumped through all the hoops and had all the relevant paperwork it was there duty to issue a yellow book, I said in a earlier post I have never needed one before but it sounds like where I live I need this to register for a vaccine, my wife will try again on monday with the boss of the village but go to this fools boss on the top floor, failing that it's either give up or hire a lawyer which would be the last resort.

29 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The sad reality is that, when it comes to issuing yellow books, amphurs are in serious competition with immigration offices and (when it comes to opening accounts for foreigners) banks for the annual Great Thai Master Of Inconsistency award.

Yeah these offices are little kingdoms in their own right. Our local amphur office is a dingy, dark hole with hallf broken plastic chairs stuffed with locals standing room only waiting for some doc or other service. No wonder why they steadfastly refuse to even consider foreigner requests. I can't blame them and in the end, not necessary for me anyway.

49 minutes ago, ancharee said:

I agree with you on that, I thought if you jumped through all the hoops and had all the relevant paperwork it was there duty to issue a yellow book, I said in a earlier post I have never needed one before but it sounds like where I live I need this to register for a vaccine, my wife will try again on monday with the boss of the village but go to this fools boss on the top floor, failing that it's either give up or hire a lawyer which would be the last resort.

Yes, they are there own little kingdoms, and the staff are often uncomfortable with their own low-mid rung on the Thai hierarchical social ladder, and demand respect from their 'clients'. It really is BS, and even Thais of higher rank need to show some obeisance just in order to get the simplest of things done. Then you get the farang who comes in,  often with his low rung uneducated wife, demanding his rights. He doesn't understand the pecking order, how to "fix" problems, and can't speak the language, causing the officer to lose it.