Yellow House Book

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

...is that definitely a requirement.....or just your Amphoe office ?

I dont know if it's a requirement, but here it is a couple of expats living here got YB and pink card with no problem but it was a different official then, my wife has been on the phone all day and found out interesting news on this guy it seems he was transferred from another office because he caused some problems there, 3 other women in our village had problems with him over not wanting to issue birth certificate and ID card, she also spoke to the immigration office who has been doing my 90 days for years he say's when he refused do issue a YB he must write on the paperwork why he has refused then we go to see him he will take us to another gov dep who oversee all the amphur offices and they will sort it, he was extremely helpful and on a sunday too, maybe have to pay ''double time '' joking. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ancharee said:

not wanting to issue birth certificate

Funny you should mention that....my wife has given up trying to get a birth certificate.

That guy sounds mental for sure........I would be wary of tipping him over the edge!!!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Funny you should mention that....my wife has given up trying to get a birth certificate.

They cannot issue a new birth certificate. The can only do a printout of the birth registration.

Same for a marriage certificate. But if you have copy of it they will do a certified copy of it with a Kor Ror 2 attached to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

They cannot issue a new birth certificate. The can only do a printout of the birth registration.

Same for a marriage certificate. But if you have copy of it they will do a certified copy of it with a Kor Ror 2 attached to it.

Will let her know.....she has been asking her mum to get one, but simply got the response can't do it.........cheers.

so curious jackdd ,you reject known basic YB protocol on what basis I wonder... 

you dont mention holding a YB yourself..... odd that

Having three blue book thai witnesses including landowner is a fundamental YB requirement.

A New Arrival would have No Chance of passing basic YB Q & A at the easiest Tessaban.

unless money or favours involved but never heard that before for the materially worthless YB....

why on earth would a new arrival even want YB “registration” ?

they would have 101 more important things to take care of being newly arrived

Which location then permits having no thai witnesses and so zero community standing for the YB ?

that surely is the whole basis of YB issue and why it can be so difficult.

also what do you mean by “registered in YB” ? curious terminology......

I am talking about holding your own personal YB with only your name and property entered.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Having three blue book thai witnesses including landowner is a fundamental YB requirement.

I've got a yellow book and Pink ID card.  

Requirements (for me):

Two witnesses neither of whom was asked about owning land. 

My Legalised and Translated birth and marriage certificates and passport from the UK. (As apparently they needed my parents names and occupations?).

Wife's Blue Book and Thai ID card.

After the initial application it took about 6 months as they told us to "wait for a call" (never came). I think they just stuck it in a drawer -  when we went down there miraculously it had just been completed! 

Each Amphur seems to "make up" the requirements so it's pointless stating things as "fact" when it varies from office to office.

Having "community standing" (?) has nothing to do with the application - it's purely a paperwork exercise.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

39 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

why on earth would a new arrival even want YB “registration” ?

they would have 101 more important things to take care of being newly arrived

Which location then permits having no thai witnesses and so zero community standing for the YB ?

In theory, getting in a yellow book on arrival would be the ideal situation, then you can open bank accounts, get a licence etc, all using yellowbook/pinkID instead of passport/ resident certificates etc.

The requirements for Thai witness can vary across Thailand, there is not usually a requirement for community standing (whatever that means), especially in large cities and expat areas where the village headman no longer exists.

• Like 1

peter. no. YB is very personal. I got it. I hold it. Only I am in it. It ties me to my property. It is I that had to comply with the municipal bs not the property. Without me there would be no YB for my property.

It is called a Foreigner House Registration Book. Issued for me as the said Foreigner. Not issued for the property otherwise it would come with the house. It does not. If I change address I keep my YB , I do not pass it on or surrender it. It is mine and mine alone. Others can get their own. I will not be doing that process again for any new property.

Blue Book is not the same. I hold the BB issued with property as Owner.

I cannot be in it as farang.My thai family only are in it.

• Confused 1

peter,.again, no. YB can take months and not necessary for any new arrival stuff which is needed long before YB issued....... community standing = thai witnesses.....new arrival should not be able to get thai witnesses who must swear they have known new arrival for what, five minutes.... yeah that’ll work ...

unless they lie for money I suppose but visa / passport check will expose such lies....

property lease/ landowner ID / power of attorney = landowner thai “witness”

and dont tell me that your lease is not required either......

thai witness requirement does not “vary” except it can be one or two plus landowner lease only.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

peter. no. YB is very personal. I got it. I hold it. Only I am in it. It ties me to my property. It is I that had to comply with the municipal bs not the property. Without me there would be no YB for my property.

It is called a Foreigner House Registration Book. Issued for me as the said Foreigner. Not issued for the property otherwise it would come with the house. It does not. If I change address I keep my YB , I do not pass it on or surrender it. It is mine and mine alone. Others can get their own. I will not be doing that process again for any new property.

Blue Book is not the same. I hold the BB issued with property as Owner.

I cannot be in it as farang.My thai family only are in it.

You are wrong, a yellow book lists the foreigners that live at a property..

Its not your personal book and it does not transfer to other properties.

I have a yellow book issued for my condo, it has 3 foreigners listed in it. Prior to this I was listed in a different  yellow book for my wife's house in Bangkok. I also have a yellow book for a separate rental property that has nobodies name in it as no foreigners live there, if a foreigner moves in I will get them listed in the book

Suggest you check the 1st page of the yellow book where it lists the property details, (your name is not on that page) then check the subsequent pages (the rest of the book) where the occupants are listed (you are listed there).

• Like 2

digbeth; surely clear my YB case involves only me, myself and I.

YB multiple foreigners would be for those declaring & surrendering YB to new Owners

or for foreign families, again my post clearly indicates this is not applicable.....

also posted clearly that I would not be repeating the YB / ID process .....

do try to keep up.....

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

I am talking about holding your own personal YB with only your name and property entered.

There is no such thing as "your own personal YB". If you own a property, you obviously also own the YB which comes with the property. But if there were multiple foreigners living at this address they would all be registered in the same YB. Most people here are probably registered in the YB of their wife's property.

also what do you mean by “registered in YB” ? curious terminology......

You should read up on how the "house registration" (this is actually the correct term, the terms YB and BB are just terms used by us foreigners) works in Thailand, you clearly understand something wrong.

A New Arrival would have No Chance of passing basic YB Q & A at the easiest Tessaban.

"Are you living at this property?", Answer: "Yes". That's everything required. Should be possible to pass it.

I didn't say you don't need witnesses. But you don't need a long history.

I could move in with you today and we could go to the Amphoe together with two of your neighbors and have me registered in your Yellow book, that I just moved in today is no hindrance.

• Like 1

interesting peter. Foreigner Freehold Condo gets an empty YB I suppose.... makes sense....

and you went through the YB process four times in different tessaban ? incredible and ...why ?

my YB / ID was an intrusive bureacratic hell over 12 weeks....never again........

my YB already checked by thai person.....its all in thai.......my name and Owner status etc. all there

3 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

my YB already checked by thai person.....its all in thai.......my name and Owner status etc. all there

The Yellow/Blue Book doesn't say who the owner of the property is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

YB multiple foreigners would be for those declaring & surrendering YB to new Owners

You are contradicting yourself, if the yellow book gets handed over to a new owner, that means the yellow belongs to the property, not the people listed in it.

interesting peter and all well received.....

you are talking Foreigner Freehold Condo YB I believe which come originally with Empty YB right ?

and tessaban used to that set up and cooperative on new tenants.....

n/ a in my case; off plan pool villa with blue book only.....

your dead easy YB process is light years from my nightmare 12 wk YB process.....

so yes, as explained, YB very personal indeed to me........and will never be repeated......that IS MY YB !

peter, no contradiction. i clearly said I would not be declaringor handing over my YB to anyone,

after the hell I went through getting it.......

i further said “let them get their own”....... 99% will give up at my tough tessaban before even finding out one already issued and then  “lost” no doubt....

5 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

interesting peter. Foreigner Freehold Condo gets an empty YB I suppose.... makes sense....

and you went through the YB process four times in different tessaban ? incredible and ...why ?

my YB / ID was an intrusive bureacratic hell over 12 weeks....never again........

As stated before, yellow book has nothing to do with ownership, owner is not not listed in the yellow book (same as blue book). foreigners that live at the specific address are listed. The address is hard coded on the 1st page of the yellow book, it cant be changed, only the occupants can be added or deleted.

You appear to be confusing alien registration and getting a yellow book issued for a property. I have only done the alien registration process once, it generates your Thai ID number etc. After that I can be registered in different yellow books. The 12 weeks of your time was getting alien registration, yellow book for the property happened at the same time. 

Yes I have gone and got 3 different yellow books for 3 different properties, a 5 minute process after showing the blue book, nothing to do with alien registration.

3 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

peter, no contradiction. i clearly said I would not be declaringor handing over my YB to anyone,

after the hell I went through getting it.......

i further said “let them get their own”....... 99% will give up at my tough tessaban before even finding out one already issued and then  “lost” no doubt....

Its not your yellow book, you are just listed in it as an occupant. Can you copy me the page that says its your book ? Or mentions you as other than an occupant ?

• Like 1

jack; yeah it does.....clearly I am the Owner in this tale right ?

have you actually read your YB fully?

“Owner” in thai is in my YB against my thai YB name.

Owner in my case means Lessee ( Property Lease “Owner”)

Other YB option is Resident in thai; should be same YB options for FF Condos ?

13 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

jack; yeah it does.....clearly I am the Owner in this tale right ?

Clearly? We don't know your situation, theoretically you could be the owner, but the Yellow Book wouldn't show your ownership of the property.

14 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

“Owner” in thai is in my YB

What does it say in Thai? I already know that whatever it says doesn't mean "owner".

• Like 1

it very much is MY “Owner” YB.

aint no Occupant either according to Tessaban & YB.

Resultant Pink Card I do accept as Govt.Property.....

BUT Possession being 9/10 ths of the law .......

Aint nobody else getting my YB, thats locked away in my safe.... permanently

especially as my delightful tessaban threatened to “delete your ( theres that personal YB reference again) tabien baan data on our computer without bringing them original valid COR (forever)”

of course with the actual paper book in my hands that aint happening.....that was four months ago.

so assuming they have carried out their illegal threat, that YB is certainly mine now ......for good

a deleted YB is no good to anyone right ?

wrong, its good for me as the created YB / ID alien reg.no. cannot be deleted except by Interior Ministry who issued my Pink ID Card which has no expiry date either ( just like my YB), handy that.....

so now Ive explained all and got some good other info back.

done here now

I think the above poster @WhiteBuffaloATM has no idea what a Yellow Book actually is!

I suggest you read this: 

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book#:~:text=Tabien baan or Thai house book is the official local,the local municipality (amphur).

If you get a smartphone with google translate - it will show you that the first few pages just state the address, your name, your parents name and who issued the book. 

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You are contradicting yourself, if the yellow book gets handed over to a new owner, that means the yellow belongs to the property, not the people listed in it.

I've never heard of a YB being handed over to a new person. 

you are all seemingly stuck in the Foreigner Freehold Condo bubble ......with YB in BuyRentSell Pkg.

and not processing my clear factual english language posts......

if I dont declare I possess a YB, I will not be passing it on......

i am Foreigner Leaseholder categorized as “Owner of Property” in thai language in YB

my property came with a BLUE book which I am legally compelled to pass on to any new buyer

I got the Yellow Book MYSELF. Its NOT part of the past or future Legal Property Buy/ Sale Pkg. 

New Buyer can go through the s***t I went through themselves if they want THEIR Owner YB.....

Now that really is IT guys, thanks for playing......

• Confused 2