Questions and comments about C19 vaccines

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Well in my view they can ask their paymasters back in the UK where there are so many inconsistencies in their vaccine policies for Asia as opposed to the EU and USA.

Here we have a situation where a vaccine is being produced under extremely stringent conditions in a science facility as in Siam Bioscience. It is being produced to exacting conditions and regulations as set out by Astra Zenica,for use and distribution in South East Asia and has been passed by WHO, the governing body. Iat is also on the list of UK approved vaccines.

So why, is it that just because I have been vaccinated in Thailand I must self isolate, but if I have the same vaccine under the same conditions in Germany, then I am OK.

It's without basis, discriminatory practice, and simply wrong.

I don't disagree at all.  But it's a matter for the UK authorities.  You over-estimate the powers of the few UK civil servants based in Thailand, if you think they could do anything about the UK's Covid policies, even if they wanted to!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, animalmagic said:

On 1st august I registered through the online system and provided the copy of the passport details page as requested.  This clearly showed my age as 61 and therefore eligible for the first round of vaccinations.  I was not asked for, nor was there any requirement to show, my Visa status in Thailand.  For the record I am on an Extension of stay for retirement for which I have already completed two 90 day reports online.

On 17 August I have just received an email from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand informing me, 'After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.'  Also advising me that I should not reply to the auto generated email.

As a British citizen staying here legally I would like your advice on how to deal with this.

expatvac.docx 16.82 kB · 2 downloads

@British Consular Team I, too, have today received an auto-generated email informing me that my registration for a first vaccination on the MFA website for expats has also been rejected "due to lack of required visas". I am aged 72 and, in common with animalmagic, am a non-immigrant currently staying in Thailand legitimately on the basis of annual extensions of stay for retirement. In these circumstances - and particularly bearing in mind that, as alluded to by animalmagic, it is impossible for those of us affected by this outrageous decision to respond to the MFA email - kindly seek an explanation as a matter of extreme urgency from your contacts in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as to why registrations on their expats' website, even for those at high risk of contracting COVID-19 by virtue of age and/or health like animalmagic and myself, are being denied on such patently ridiculous and spurious grounds.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, Scouse123 said:

Consular section.

Guys,

Please ask powers that be in the British Embassy why we cannot fly to the UK without self isolating for 10 days, after being double vaccinated with Astra Zenica which is a British produced vaccine , British approved vaccine, and a vaccine being produced here in Thailand under license from Astra Zenica, just because we are being vaccinated in Thailand?

It seems incredible that we must be vaccinated in the EU or UK to qualify for no self isolation.

It just isn't right, is it?

I can appreciate your views on this. The UK government recognises it needs to consider how to treat British Nationals who have been vaccinated overseas. Work is ongoing to determine which non-UK vaccines may be recognised but I am afraid there is no solution yet. 

• Sad 1

On 8/17/2021 at 6:22 PM, OJAS said:

@British Consular Team I, too, have today received an auto-generated email informing me that my registration for a first vaccination on the MFA website for expats has also been rejected "due to lack of required visas". I am aged 72 and, in common with animalmagic, am a non-immigrant currently staying in Thailand legitimately on the basis of annual extensions of stay for retirement. In these circumstances - and particularly bearing in mind that, as alluded to by animalmagic, it is impossible for those of us affected by this outrageous decision to respond to the MFA email - kindly seek an explanation as a matter of extreme urgency from your contacts in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as to why registrations on their expats' website, even for those at high risk of contracting COVID-19 by virtue of age and/or health like animalmagic and myself, are being denied on such patently ridiculous and spurious grounds.

Thanks for this, OJAS and animalmagic. We've raised this issue before with the MFA and been told all declined applications will be re-approved. And that people having problems should contact the MFA on 025728442. But we will also contact the MFA and raise again now. 

17 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Thanks for this, OJAS and animalmagic. We've raised this issue before with the MFA and been told all declined applications will be re-approved. And that people having problems should contact the MFA on 025728442. But we will also contact the MFA and raise again now. 

We spoke to the team in charge of registrations at the MFA yesterday. They told us 

that this may be due to the high number of registrations. They said they will look at this issue now. They also suggested you send them a message at [email protected]. This should include:

1.       Your full name

2.       DOB

3.       Passport number

4.       Technical errors/issues 

5.       Any supporting evidence to confirm your eligibility to register. 

Let us know if the problem continues. if it does, we will raise again. 

@British Consular Team Thanks for all you have done in moving the vaccination process forward for British expatriates.There seems to be the prospect of vaccinations for all - though it's been a tortuous journey.

My question is this.If expatriates visit the UK is it possible to secure vaccinations without a GP referral  and (as in my case) without an NHS number. In other words are there walk in vaccination points where one can for example get a booster jab?

On 9/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, jayboy said:

@British Consular Team Thanks for all you have done in moving the vaccination process forward for British expatriates.There seems to be the prospect of vaccinations for all - though it's been a tortuous journey.

My question is this.If expatriates visit the UK is it possible to secure vaccinations without a GP referral  and (as in my case) without an NHS number. In other words are there walk in vaccination points where one can for example get a booster jab?

If you are planning to travel to the UK, please check the rules on GOV.UK 

Information about who can access the COVID-19 vaccine through the NHS can be found here. For more information about how to access the NHS if visiting from abroad please see the link here. 

6 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Information about who can access the COVID-19 vaccine through the NHS can be found here. For more information about how to access the NHS if visiting from abroad please see the link here. 

For the record this doesn't answer my question or even point me in the right direction.The information on the government website you highlight does make it clear that:

"Overseas visitors to England, including anyone living in the UK without permission, will not be charged for:

• testing for coronavirus (even if the test shows you do not have coronavirus)
  • treatment for coronavirus – including for a related problem that affects some children called multisystem inflammatory syndrome
  • vaccination against coronavirus"

But it doesn't give any practical information on how vaccinations might be obtained without details of an NHS number or, failing that. a relevant GP's surgery.For many of us these UK based details no longer exist.

I don't have much doubt that vaccinations are accessible in the UK for visiting expatriates and I will make inquiries accordingly.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, jayboy said:

For the record this doesn't answer my question or even point me in the right direction.The information on the government website you highlight does make it clear that:

"Overseas visitors to England, including anyone living in the UK without permission, will not be charged for:

• testing for coronavirus (even if the test shows you do not have coronavirus)
  • treatment for coronavirus – including for a related problem that affects some children called multisystem inflammatory syndrome
  • vaccination against coronavirus"

But it doesn't give any practical information on how vaccinations might be obtained without details of an NHS number or, failing that. a relevant GP's surgery.For many of us these UK based details no longer exist.

I don't have much doubt that vaccinations are accessible in the UK for visiting expatriates and I will make inquiries accordingly.

I see your point. Sorry - our reply did not address it. This link might though: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

13 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

Thanks.I think this walk in facility might be of interest to quite a few British expatriates "on leave" (do people still say that?) who are looking for a booster jab after having received the first two vaccinations in Thailand.It's UK policy now that the booster be given to appropriate groups six months after the second jab.Obviously it's not available now so it's a matter of keeping on checking next year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to say that I have absolutely no idea what is going on with vaccine.

I am a UK citizen aged 75 who has lived in Lamphun for 13 years.  I am recovering from a blood clot in my leg and I have an operation coming up soon at BKK hospital in Chiang Mai to remove my gallbladder.

I'd like Moderna but I have not registered anywhere since scribbling my name on a list at BKK hospital in Chiang Mai 6 months ago. This has proved, of course, a waste of time.

Neither the BKK hospital in Chiang Mai not the Parc Hospital in Lamphun has shown any interest in me and provided no helpful information. The Lamphun hospital has not even agreed to place me on their patient list. What do I do? Where can I profitably register?

I am a patient at BKK but will they refuse me vaccine because I live in Lamphun?

Do I refuse my gallbladder operation at BKK and deprive them (temporarily at least) of my 300,000 baht until they vaccinate me with Moderna?

10 hours ago, siftasam said:

Sorry to say that I have absolutely no idea what is going on with vaccine.

I am a UK citizen aged 75 who has lived in Lamphun for 13 years.  I am recovering from a blood clot in my leg and I have an operation coming up soon at BKK hospital in Chiang Mai to remove my gallbladder.

I'd like Moderna but I have not registered anywhere since scribbling my name on a list at BKK hospital in Chiang Mai 6 months ago. This has proved, of course, a waste of time.

Neither the BKK hospital in Chiang Mai not the Parc Hospital in Lamphun has shown any interest in me and provided no helpful information. The Lamphun hospital has not even agreed to place me on their patient list. What do I do? Where can I profitably register?

I am a patient at BKK but will they refuse me vaccine because I live in Lamphun?

Do I refuse my gallbladder operation at BKK and deprive them (temporarily at least) of my 300,000 baht until they vaccinate me with Moderna?

@siftasam can you DM us?