SURVEY: Is it time to abandon the Sandbox concept?

Scott

SURVEY: Is it time to abandon the Sandbox concept?  

344 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lockdowns in the, compared to Thailand, rich western world have had serious side effects.  Suicides have increased, substance abuse has increased, economic hardship and domestic violence have increased. Schools are closed even though the risk of severe cases in children is minimal. Those problems increased in western societies  that have a much better social safety net for their citizens then Thailand. Maybe Thailand has not experienced those same problems but if they have, then opening up to money-spending vaccinated tourists might help more than it hurts. A lot of posters have mentioned how the vaccination program has been mishandled. If the vaccination program has been botched and you also  deny entry to vaccinated tourists (but not vaccinated with that sino garbage) what is the solution? Wait for the virus to burn itself out? Wait for the government to suddenly have a viable vaccination program?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

Madness has grippe humanity, and people refuse to read up facts and internalize.

Vaccines aren't effective agains the Delta strain, nor against the new Epsilon.

By that I mean all vaccines, "good" or "bad" ones. Israel has only used Pfizer and it's suffering a new wave.

Enough with the wishful thinking. Vaccines have failed. It's time top accept it and look forward.

Science disagrees with you.

https://www.ft.com/content/5a24d39a-a702-40d2-876d-b12a524dc9a5

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-hospitalisation-from-delta-variant

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Did you ever have anything positive to say about Thailand?

Is there anything positive to say about Thailand when it is run by a "there will be no coup" PM who knows nothing about politics except telling lies?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Is there anything positive to say about Thailand when it is run by a "there will be no coup" PM who knows nothing about politics except telling lies?

So on your own admittance your comments are just a repetitive moniview shaped not by individual issues but your one world view of Thailand. What did you have positive to say about Thailand before the coup? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Vaccinated tourists should be allowed in after showing adequate proof of proper vaccination.

I disagree, as they can still get Covid and pass it to others who haven't been vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

So on your own admittance your comments are just a repetitive moniview shaped not by individual issues but your one world view of Thailand. What did you have positive to say about Thailand before the coup? 

I had mostly positive things to say about Thailand before the coup I can assure you, so excuse me for not printing everything out for you. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

Here, cow lover, I did the leg work for you:

"The Delta variant is spreading fast in Israel, with 450 new COVID-19 cases confirmed on Thursday, and a total of 3,691 people infected. The government is reporting that vaccines are less effective in preventing infection by Delta than other strains of the coronavirus."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-delta-spreads-doctors-call-for-major-push-to-vaccinate-reluctant-over-50s/

I know first hand that they are grasping and panicking. Exactly as you will, once you realize the only BS that goes around are the vaccines. 

A slight difference between "Vaccines aren't effective" and what this article says "less effective", and the main gyst of the article are the over 50 idiots who won't get vaccinated, probably because they are as deliberately obtuse as you when it comes to properly grasping all the information out there.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:
On 7/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, LA8RAT said:

Myself I've always been a fan of the Swedish model. 

Personally I prefer Halle Berry.. 555555 

I'm staggered that such whit didn't get howls of laughter. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bluespunk said:

Yeah sure, your reality is the only one and your claims about Israel are the only facts eh. 

Let me see, Baa Baa Baa…is that bleating in the right key?

It's OK, my good sheep. You'll figure it out due course. 

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I go to look at the Israel figures and just don't see the issue... yes infection numbers are up slightly....but just 323 yesterday and deaths are very low. 

You want to see rising infection numbers from Delta, UK is much higher.... I would expect Pfizer numbers to also rise.

Between May 6th and June 17th, the number of infected fluctuate between 10 and 30 a day. Yesterday, it was 423. That's 12 times over. Most cases are the delta strain, and around %30 of them are double vaccinate (Pfizer).  The local medical community is adamant against a booster for the time being. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

You're correct about the number of deaths--it's minor. But that's true all over the world. The first wave was the most lethal one, which makes sense in the evolutionary sense: the disease benefits from being more transmittable and less deadly, exactly as we're witnessing. Let's hope it stays this way.

open the country without restrictions. ( as long they are not on red lists, not thai issue the lists)

why 

first from an economic standpoint, and closure will even not avoid, it will only postpone .

i since 18 month living abroad here even last year tourists was never restricted to anything. ( max was a pcr test) , thats why the country have so high arival numbers because its reliable to book a flight holiday in advance

tourist arivals already back to over 50% pre crisis level.

live is  almost normal

yes there was a high wave of covid before , but it was even not avoidable.maybe covid numbers where little lower if complete lockdown, but the price is not acceptable. ( gdp growth here 2,5%in 2020 and just IMF increased forcast for 2021  to 5,8%)

and what ??

thailand is a shame in the vacination process , and its not bcs its poor , GDP here the same but already over 54% vaccinated and sinovac they was give off already very early, nearly everybody have biontech.

thailand is a shame not only on vaccination.

Edited by lapamita

On 7/12/2021 at 1:33 AM, Neeranam said:

I disagree, as they can still get Covid and pass it to others who haven't been vaccinated.

So how do you apply your logic to the 5 Million Thais that have been vaccinated?  Should they not be allowed to move about?  Never mind the 50 Million Thais that have not been vaccinated.  Picking on the relatively few foreign travelers that come to the country is being penny wise and pound foolish