Most dangerous vehicle in ChiangMai Province or anywhere else

Kanada

On 7/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, connda said:

Most dangerous vehicle in ChiangMai Province or anywhere else

That would be any vehicle driven by a Thai driver.

Any US 16 year old who has finished drivers education has more understanding of driving safety and has more refined driving skill sets than 99% of all Thai drivers on the road.

That’s quite the statement…..????

Theres millions of vehicles on the roads her and they are certainly not all bad????

Lots of good drivers in Thailand…but you drive by them with no issue so you don’t recognize them in any manner as it should be and as it is in any country!

• Thanks 1

For my money (which is not very much admittedly) it is a toss up between Ford Rangers with a paint job which looks like a particularly unsuccessful attempt to remove a graffiti artists handiwork, (why spend all that money on a truck and then have the wheel arches held on by visible pop rivets?) and those convoys of 6 wheel tipper trucks, covered in wing mirrors and Michelin Men models, which hurtle about the place moving topsoil. Both categories are driven by absolute <deleted>!

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

@Kanada

Thai are notoriously bad drivers, they would drive onto the main road from a small lane without stopping first.

I nearly had accidents everytime.

It's just not this type of truck but any big vehicle that are dangerous in Thailand.

Edited by EricTh

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

@Kanada

Thai are notoriously bad drivers, they would drive onto the main road from a small lane without stopping first.

I nearly had accidents everytime.

It's just not this type of truck but any big vehicle that are dangerous in Thailand.

Sorry to disagree but these trucks are involved in almost every case….they aren’t driven by Thais…they’re driven by Hmong 

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

Sorry to disagree but these trucks are involved in almost every case….they aren’t driven by Thais…they’re driven by Hmong 

How do you know they are Hmong in the first place?

On 12/2/2021 at 11:48 PM, EricTh said:

How do you know they are Hmong in the first place?

In general Hmong are the farmers here not Thai….these are farm trucks delivering goods to their Buyers in ChiangMai and running mostly empty on their way home.

Theyre hard workers and good farmers but they lack the notion of “consequences” as do many in Thailand!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanada said:

In general Hmong are the farmers here not Thai….these are farm trucks delivering goods to their Buyers in ChiangMai and running mostly empty on their way home.

Theyre hard workers and good farmers but they lack the notion of “consequences” as do many in Thailand!

Hmmm. interesting..... I need to talk with them sometimes if I get the opportunity.

• Confused 1