65000 baht Financial requirement for Retirement Visa

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Red Flag!   Red Flag!  From my pass experience I live in Pattaya did a half dozen or more interviews with Attorneys when I first came to Pattaya, even went down a list of recommended Attorneys by the Embassy result all pretty much useless every interview there were problems and uncertainty I walked away with.  When an attorney tells you " they got to go down to immigration and check "  that is the time to cut your loses and run for the hills!  this is what I call learning as they go at your expense. 

Doing what you are doing take a bit of patience it is really a simple process that you can do yourself,  personally if in Pattaya you be better off using the place next door to Immigration than this lawyer!  RUN FOREST RUN!

Totally agree.  I checked in with TikTok Services in Pattaya https://tiktokservicesthailand.com/ and they confirmed the process of 65,000 baht being transferred from a USA Bank is acceptable.  So once Saigon is off of its lock down in two weeks i will be at the thai embassy to request my tourist visa and once approved will be on the first flight out to Thailand. Thanks for all your very helpful feedback

3 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

My immigration office  wants a letter from the social security and the veterans association stating the amount I receive each month. So a letter showing you receive an annual payment from Merrill Lynch should be what you need to back up where your funds are coming from.

I have my online statement (which i can print out) showing the amount of deposit.  Worst case scenario i will deposit the 800,000 baht but really really really prefer not to do so.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, mtls2005 said:

Who told you this would not be acceptable? Was it an immigration officer? And did they tell you why it would be unacceptable?

While there is some variation in interpretation with some IOs, in some offices, the rule says "income, such as...". There is no requirement that the source of the income must be from a pension.

Yes, there have been a few reports about prickly IOs demanding "pension or else", sometimes in an effort to steer a customer towards the 800K option, or the marriage option, or the agent option.

As long as the monthly transfer is 65,000 or more, and shows as coming from outside of Thailand, this is sufficient.

I too receive one-time annual retirement annuity payout (in addition to SocSec), usually on the first business day of the year in January. I then wire transfer at least 65,000 baht each month. I've done two extensions so far (ext stay/ret-inc at CW) successfully. Imm wants to see my passbooks, and I provide a bank-issued summary letter of the twelve transactions.

So, i just heard back from the law firm in Pattaya today and this is the response from their visit to the Thai immigration office.

"My staff checked at immigration earlier today.

If you have supporting paperwork that the "pension" was paid from the pension company to your American bank account then you transferred it to your Thai bank account they wills accept that however, when you change a tourist visas to a non o on the grounds of retirement you can only do that is you can show the 800,000 baht in the bank (At the same time the visa is changed) so immigration are saying the first time you will need to show the 800,000 in both accounts. At the end of the year and you go to renew these you will be able to show the 100,000 as a monthly income at that time for one of the visas.

Regards"