Brit accused of murdering Thai woman finally extradited from Spain to 'face justice'

snoop1130

4 hours ago, rodknock said:

well at least Thailand has not exacuted any one in many years.

the bad part is if he is sentenced to death he might wish they did that the way things are in prison.

probably to late for covid vaccination.

Yes, too late for Covid vaccination. 

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Great news but what disturbs me more is why they cannot use the same amount of energy and determination to bring Boss back to face trial and imprisonment for the killing of a police officer 

Think money....

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

42 minutes ago, mvdf said:

There must have been overwhelmingly convincing evidence as Spain and the Strasbourg court would otherwise not have agreed to the extradition. The EU is notoriously restrictive on extraditions to non-EU countries.

That is assuming the Thai Police did not just make loads of stuff up and insert it into the case file in order to have the extradition request accepted. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodknock said:

the bad part is if he is sentenced to death he might wish they did that the way things are in prison.

He can not be sentenced to death---(is that what you meant rodknock--wasn't sure with your post)

44 minutes ago, mvdf said:

The EU is notoriously restrictive on extraditions to non-EU countries.

I wonder if the fact that the UK is not EU now had any bearing on that........

• Thanks 2

Pretty sure he can be given a death sentence. However, it has been the practise of the courts to commute it to a life sentence afterwards, or it is done when the next Royal Pardon is issued.

If I recall, I did some research on this just a couple years ago after reading about Michael Karas. A career criminal from Canada who came to Thailand using "stolen" ID and shacked up with a local girl for a year. Then one day they had an argument and he "snapped her neck like a twig", after which he mutilated her face (hoping she wouldn't be recognized then dismembered her body and hauled the pieces to a nearby swamp.

I think that was (or used to be) a death penalty sentence in itself (mutilating/dismembering a corpse).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rodknock said:

I think Thailand has a treaty with Great Britain to send long-term prisoners to serve their sentences in their home countries. I know they have such a treaty with Australia. Not sure about America, but suppose they do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Acharn said:

I think Thailand has a treaty with Great Britain to send long-term prisoners to serve their sentences in their home countries. I know they have such a treaty with Australia. Not sure about America, but suppose they do.

Never heard about it as a US citizen of 64 years, so I don't think so. Should be easy to research

49 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Great news but what disturbs me more is why they cannot use the same amount of energy and determination to bring Boss back to face trial and imprisonment for the killing of a police officer 

Money involved  simple answer

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Me being from a country full of insanely violent people (US) this needn't be any more than a violent man who flew into a rage over some little triggering event, maybe an argument over payment. People who commit violence are not thinking, they are acting.  Maybe he didn't want to pay, and maybe she got too "assertive" in her demands. Maybe they got into a physical fight over it. I think that is the most likely scenario. The dismemberment is just an attempt to cover the evidence, standard practice in the US among psycho killers. It's heinous.

sounds far fetched to me but I guess the truth will come out.........????

12 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Exactly. You have made very good points, particularly with the transportation issue.

But even if he HAS prior convictions for violence, some CCTV footage showing him with the victim proves nothing.

The Mirror article talks about an "extensive case file" but doesn't go into detail.

- Was the crime scene identified and can it be tied to the suspect?

- Did the suitcase belong to the suspect and how was that proven?

- Has the vehicle transporting the dismembered body been identified and has evidence been secured?

- Are there witnesses that have seen the suspect in Kanchanaburi?

- And, and, and...

there has been previous threads on this claiming loads of evidence, I'm sceptical. Surprised the article didn't mention any of it, just the basics from an article I read years ago

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Exactly. You have made very good points, particularly with the transportation issue.

But even if he HAS prior convictions for violence, some CCTV footage showing him with the victim proves nothing.

The Mirror article talks about an "extensive case file" but doesn't go into detail.

- Was the crime scene identified and can it be tied to the suspect?

- Did the suitcase belong to the suspect and how was that proven?

- Has the vehicle transporting the dismembered body been identified and has evidence been secured?

- Are there witnesses that have seen the suspect in Kanchanaburi?

- And, and, and...

Oh come on! Why are you bringing logical questions into the subject? You ting too mut.????

• Haha 2