How is the Tunnel During Rain?

gk10012001

3 minutes ago, chakatee said:

It would take several meters of flooding at the lower parts of Sukhumvit before this tunnel could flood. It only catches the direct rain at the entrances. For this there's pumps at Pattaya Klang intersection.

And of course you will see flooding particularly to the north of the underpass when we get heavy rain. 

If I recall correctly, years back when the tunnel was new they had flooding/pump problems but since then they replaced the pumps and I don't remember hearing of flooding recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

If I recall correctly, years back when the tunnel was new they had flooding/pump problems but since then they replaced the pumps and I don't remember hearing of flooding recently.

Never known the tunnel itself to flood since it was opened.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:20 AM, jacko45k said:

And of course you will see flooding particularly to the north of the underpass when we get heavy rain. 

This is where the problem is - not long ago the traffic going south into the tunnel and upto the Klang intersection was at a crawl as the 4 lanes basically became 1 with deep water to the inside and abandoned cars.

Traffic coming north out of the tunnel was slow to get through the flooding just after the tunnel exit.

26 minutes ago, topt said:

Never known the tunnel itself to flood since it was opened.

Correct, I was thinking back to the construction days when the pumps weren't install yet and it flooded back in 2015.

At least they got it right this time. Don’t knock them down when they finally get something right, otherwise we may never see it again. Let’s just look at beach road flooding or the sand fiasco. Give praise when it’s due. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1