Thailand reports record high 98 coronavirus deaths and 9,186 new cases

webfact

24 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That's the theory, but there have been examples of dual infections and with this virus' ability to circumvent human immune responses I'm not sure that what you suggest is a sure bet.A similar thing happens with the flu remember where if you've had on strain it doesn't mean you're stopped from getting the next one.I've had a runny nose for a couple of days now and wouldn't be at all surprised if I've been infected with another strain.

From this study, it appears the stronger of two variants can win out inside a patient. A woman was infected by SARS2 clade 20A from her mother then clade 20B from another source. The stronger 20B clade eventually took all.

"The 20A lineage was absolute at the diagnosis (shared with the patient's mother), but nine days later, the 20B lineage had 3% frequency, and two months later, the 20B lineage had 100% frequency"

Dynamics of a Dual SARS-CoV-2 Lineage Co-Infection

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, rabas said:

"All scientists know that the line between extinction and continuation is very thin."

Obviously not written by a scientist.  I looked up the author to find he is a Thai Media commentator focused on politics. His twitter self description reads "Updates, gossips, rants about Thailand's news in particular."

He claims to understand evolution.  Then he suggests just one 'best' vaccine, completely ignoring that evolution's success is based on exploring all possibilities.

If he is Thai, I would have thought he would realize that putting all your eggs in one vaccine basket, sometimes doesn’t work out well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Sydney reported 65 positives from 58,000 tests today.Thailand reports 9,000 positives from about 70,000 tests I wonder what the infection rate comparison looks like?In Thailand the infection rate was 12% on the first day of 9000 cases.

Everyone with half a brain knows there’s a zero on the end of Thailand’s numbers unfortunately. Like the baht being ‘maintained’.  

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

not being funny and I am sure you know this already but the symptoms of covid completely changed with the delta variant, it now very much resembles cold or flu symptons and would be difficult to tell them apart 

The symptoms of the Delta variant appear to differ from traditional COVID symptoms. Here's what to look out for (theconversation.com)

Yes that's true and of course I'm not sure which it is (definitely not letting anyone jam a stick into my boof head either) but with the apparent disappearance of the flu  it's what I suspect (not that I'm not suspect but that's off topic).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Beautiful communism at work.

"To keep you is no benefit. To destroy you is no loss." - Angkar

Not to kick off a whole ideological debate, because there would never be any conclusion, but in all honesty, I can’t see that capitalism has dealt with vaccine priority any differently. Money, status, influence talks the world over.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Everyone with half a brain knows there’s a zero on the end of Thailand’s numbers unfortunately. Like the baht, it is kept artificially low. 

Only one zero?With an infection rate of 12% even from their dodgy numbers would mean about 7 million infections not the 363029 currently listed on worldometer.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Everyone with half a brain knows there’s a zero on the end of Thailand’s numbers unfortunately. Like the baht being ‘maintained’.  

But people with a full brain know the zero is in base 4.

10 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Not to kick off a whole ideological debate, because there would never be any conclusion, but in all honesty, I can’t see that capitalism has dealt with vaccine priority any differently. Money, status, influence talks the world over.

I agree with you. But the fundamental difference is that in the West it's considered wrong. We should not loose sight of that.

• Like 2

Following the launch of the #PhuketSandbox where fully-vaccinated tourists can skip quarantine, #SamuiPlus starts today but with more restrictions than the other island. Both are attempts by #Thailand to revive tourism later this year, but #COVID19 variants might ruin those plans

Quote Tweet

The first flight to #SamuiPlus (PG5125), carrying 5 passengers touches down at Samui International Airport.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1415532874766241794

• Haha 1

UPDATE: Registration for Sinopharm jabs via Chulabhorn Royal Academy’s CRA SINOP smartphone app has been postponed to Sunday because the app is not ready yet https://nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003275… #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

Edited by anchadian

Thonburi Group deal to bring in ‘Pfizer’ vaccine “60 per cent” complete

A deal by Thonburi Hospital Group to bring in Pfizer vaccines is now 60 per cent complete but there is still doubt over the government’s regulation, a representative from the Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) told Thai Enquirer on Thursday.

“The remaining 40 per cent are things that are outside of our control and we cannot confirm anything until the deal is finalized,” said Dr Suwadee Puntpanich, a director at Thonburi Bamrungmuang Hospital.

Suwadee said that a deal could be completed as early as Thursday evening or could drag on depending on government regulators.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29904/thonburi-group-deal-to-bring-in-pfizer-vaccine-60-per-cent-complete/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Note that there are still beds available in the Bangkok, as I stated before, the issue is the system for patients entering the hospital system was not designed for such large numbers.

inefficiencies in the system that have only impacted small numbers of patients in the past are now leaving large numbers waiting for beds that are available- somewhere in Bangkok.

I’ll give you an example: if a patient’s doctor directs them to go to the hospital, there is a good chance that the doctor doesn’t have admitting privileges at a hospital with beds available. There isn’t a good system for the doctor to get the patient into another hospital, especially if available beds are in a hospital far away. So, the patient has to wait.

Have you think maybe someone else need hospital treatment not only covid patient!

If every hospital bed is even close full from covid patient's where they put other people who need treatment . They not build hospitals whit thought "hmm 2020 start pandemic need add capasity for those coming patient's"!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Suwadee said that a deal could be completed as early as Thursday evening or could drag on depending on government regulators

My money is on 'drag on because of government:.

No reason why that occurs. 

Give private enterprise a run at vaccinations would be great step forward.

7 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Have you think maybe someone else need hospital treatment not only covid patient!

If every hospital bed is even close full from covid patient's where they put other people who need treatment . They not build hospitals whit thought "hmm 2020 start pandemic need add capasity for those coming patient's"!

You are correct. I suspect a lot of potential acute care patients are sent home with a jar of vitamins now.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

do you really think that anyone testing positive with one of these rapid test kits will be officially recorded and appear in the daily reports without doing a PCR test 

I think not

I think, If not showing symptoms they will be sent on their way and told to isolate at home - if symptoms get worse and they need medical attention only then will they be entered in the system 

The system being one of the " Community Care Centers ", until a bed in a Hospital is available.

Read " Community Care Center " as a small tent under a Motorway Bridge.

Out of 9,085 local cases (outside of prisons), most in

Bangkok - 2,224

Samut Prakan - 846

Samut Sakhon - 640

Chonburi - 523

Nonthaburi - 355

Nakhon Pathom - 291

Pattani - 269

Pathum Thani - 233

Chachoengsao - 188

Songkhla - 181

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1415549027165163522