Thailand reports daily record of 9,692 new COVID-19 cases, 67 more deaths

webfact

We need to compare the vaccination progress of SE Asia countries like Malaysia.

It was reported on Reuter that  "Malaysia's health ministry on Thursday said the country will stop administering the COVID-19 vaccine produced by China's Sinovac once its supplies end, as it has a sufficient number of other vaccines for its program" . let us focus on the word "sufficient"

the story in Thailand is people are now worry taking Sinovac.. then you hear there is a million here and  few million there of Moderna. That is not enough..

Conclusion:  

1. there is a shortage of vaccines for a while. 

2. It wont be free.. all has to pay for it..

3.all  has to wait till the end of the year or beginning of next year to get at least 40% of the population inoculated

4. forget opening up the country in 120 days.. it won't happened.

For Thai way of life and administration the J&J vaccines seemed to be the perfect solution.

Nobody will bother getting the 2nd dosage lining up in line again.- and fear that there is a shortage and not enough vaccines for all.

Good luck everyone

53 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Perhaps they heard the PM talk about opening in 120 days because risks had to be taken? Or that tourists in Phuket can party?

the messaging from the top has been mixed at best and abysmal at worst. Hence people behave badly. Not excusing them but, really, what has been the message from the top?

Hmm..let's see "What will be will be", yeppers that's was it. 

• Haha 1

From © 2021 The New York Times Company

"The 160 million US people across the country who are fully vaccinated are largely protected from the virus, including the highly contagious delta variant.

But the picture is different in pockets of the country where residents are vaccinated at lower rates. Hot spots have emerged leaving hospital workers strained as they care for an influx of coronavirus patients "

The US with 50% of population vaccinated .. the epidemic is not resolved yet.

Sound familiar for thailand to notice ... NO vaccination  or use poor vaccine will increase the epidemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Earlier @anchadian posted info about Australians being able to register for AZ vaccine to be administered on Sunday.

You make appointment via Au embassy Thailand website.

I just registered. Bit strange. You don't get appointment. Just turn up Sunday 1pm +

Bit weird is confirmation page.

Anyway the booking link in up.

Don't blame me if it's another red herring.

They most likely have 50 shots.

Edit: I don't know why this post is in bold type. 

Another edit. Just went back to the site. It states places are limited. If your successful they email you back at some point. 

Australia has plenty of AZ to spare as most here don’t want it. I’m sure Scomo has sent enough. 

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Good news for anyone who works for a company that falls under the jurisdiction of the Thailand Board of Investment (BOI). They have arranged for foreigners to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine starting from 26th July. Click here to register - https://booking.boi.go.th/vaccination.php #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416013887401467904

They still don’t get the concept of vaccinating at risk people first do they? Invitations for 18 and above to register.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I know they organize many of the vaccine centers well but this ones a failure:

These people risk becoming infected even before they could get vaccinated. Horrible management.

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1415939651135623168

There was a similar issue at saphan hin today when I went for my jab. Inside the gymnasium was a model of social distancing. Chairs set 1 meter apart, called up in batches of about 25 to start the medical process of BP checks, documents etc.

BUT, outside, while waiting to be called into the gym, awnings had been set up to give shade from the sun or shelter from the rain and under them were plastic chairs literally touching each other. Must have been a hundred people gathered together under one roof, side by side. 

I raised the issue with one official and got a shrug. No one seemed to see the contradiction of having strict social distancing inside and quite the opposite outside.

other than that, the only thing that sprang to my mind was that the ppe worn by all the medical workers was totally naff. Basically the gowns were nothing more than the plastic rain coats you buy at 7-11 for 35 baht. Maybe that’s good enough protection, I’m not a medical expert, but it looked…..naff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Australia has plenty of AZ to spare as most here don’t want it. I’m sure Scomo has sent enough. 

The other issue in Thailand is even having an AZ first jab there is nothing stopping them 'asking' you to have sinovac 2nd jab.

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

There was a similar issue at saphan hin today when I went for my jab. Inside the gymnasium was a model of social distancing. Chairs set 1 meter apart, called up in batches of about 25 to start the medical process of BP checks, documents etc.

BUT, outside, while waiting to be called into the gym, awnings had been set up to give shade from the sun or shelter from the rain and under them were plastic chairs literally touching each other. Must have been a hundred people gathered together under one roof, side by side. 

I raised the issue with one official and got a shrug. No one seemed to see the contradiction of having strict social distancing inside and quite the opposite outside.

other than that, the only thing that sprang to my mind was that the ppe worn by all the medical workers was totally naff. Basically the gowns were nothing more than the plastic rain coats you buy at 7-11 for 35 baht. Maybe that’s good enough protection, I’m not a medical expert, but it looked…..naff.

How you feeling, any side effects yet?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So basically the same numbers due to the same amount of testing. Predictable again but sad for the country and people.

It's a total mess. 

Sad for the country to suffer from Covid as well as incapable govt. 

And bad for all tourists who would have liked to come to Thailand. 

And a mess that Bioscience has to get the profit planned by govt. ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

My son who is in the UK just had his second shot of Pfizer two days ago. He is 35. First shot was some weeks ago obviously.

Anyone  18yrs and above can be vaccinated now. A lad of 23 who I work with has had both shots now, his second one a few weeks back. Problem will be vaccine hesitancy as like everyone, when you're young, you think your invincible and will live forever.

Edited by Petey11

"● 9,077 new infections

● 615 prison / prison infections"

Why single out "prison/prison infections"?

What about University/Halls of residence, Army Police Training schools/colleges  etc etc?

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

So maybe you should put in a tender for "Designer Label PPE"? Maybe with a cute logo of a guy on a horse with a funny looking stick?

24 minutes ago, sambum said:

"● 9,077 new infections

● 615 prison / prison infections"

Why single out "prison/prison infections"?

What about University/Halls of residence, Army Police Training schools/colleges  etc etc?

Maybe no one has leaked the info yet on those establishments? Like the prisons were kept hush hush until released inmates blew the whistle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Anyone  18yrs and above can be vaccinated now. A lad of 23 who I work with has had both shots now, his second one a few weeks back. Problem will be vaccine hesitancy as like everyone, when you're young, you think your invincible and will live forever.

True, although I think the need to be vaccinated in order to travel without quarantine will be a driver. I think I’m right in saying that UK allows you to return from some countries and not do quarantine if you’ve had two jabs.

but you are right, the further up the vaccinated percentage goes, the more you get to a hard core of people who won’t do it.

20 hours ago, morrobay said:

And it does not help to have  <deleted> lodes of lowlife cigarette smoking local and foreign male infestation  in Pattaya

I don't know why there is so much confusion (denial) about this? Unhealthy immune compromised people more likely to be infected/transmit .https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5352117/.       And that's not even including the non smokers who have to put up with these sickly people who contaminate the outdoors environment. I.E. Enterences to malls, and these patio seating establishments.

Edited by morrobay

Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

2021-07-15T153327Z_1_LYNXMPEH6E0X0_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG
Picture: REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Saturday (July 17) reported 10,082 new COVID-19 cases and 141 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1224372-thailand-reports-daily-record-of-coronavirus-infections-and-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin