Thai AirAsia Doesn’t Expect Recovery until Mid-2022

snoop1130

S__9379868-1.jpg

BANGKOK, July 19 (TNA) – The chief executive officer of Thai AirAsia sees a gloomy future for aviation and will not reconsider it until the middle of next year.

Tassapol Bijleveld, chief executive officer of Thai AirAsia and Asia Aviation PCL, said he saw a bleak future for aviation and concerned parties should have to wait until mid-2022 before reconsidering the issue.

He said that aviation operators had no liquidity left to maintain their business and had never received any assistance that they had requested from the government.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-741616

tnalogo.jpg

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I love their optimism here, 2022 lol

Indeed; why should 2022 be any different? Vaccination?

Really? The top headline in the Daily Mail today is : "Freedom Day will cause a mad spike in covid cases and tens of thousands will die if Britain rushes back to normal life, leading scientists warn", yet the UK has vaccinated over 70% and up to 90% are thought to have covid antibodies. So "top experts" in the country that has been at the front of vaccinations have no faith in what has been achieved. The implication would seem to be that all government action is pointless except lockdowns and we can only be released when the virus has passed naturally.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DoctorB said:

we can only be released when the virus has passed naturally.

What makes you think it will pass naturally? Every time the virus mutates it become stronger and more deadly. No sign at all of it weakening or being overcome, and there is even a suggestion that the effect of the vaccines could be limited over time.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Air Asia is too optimistic, it will be at least 2023 before most people on earth are vaccinated. Try 

to remember that no child younger than 12 has been vaccinated at all. Yet they are allowed to travel

with their parents and spread this virus all over the place. Maybe 2024 is more likely the year that

most companies can start to recover.

Geezer

• Like 2

“ .......no protection at all” , er , no.

last one million years of primate evolution have produced very strong natural human virus immunity UNLESS you have compromised that by being UNFIT; Obese,Diabetic, Cancerous,Smoker, Drug Addict, Bulemic,Respiratory;  nearly all Self Inflicted (or Very Old).

Even then pre vax death rates were what 0.03% population mostly over 80’s walking dead ‘uns. With “ no protection” we would all be Dead right ?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I got an unexpected email from AirAsia today.

As you didn't use your ticket credit in the 6 months allotted, we've decided to credit your account with that money for another 3 years. I'd actually given up on it!

Same.

But zero forecast when they might be flying. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, DoctorB said:

The implication would seem to be that all government action is pointless except lockdowns and we can only be released when the virus has passed naturally.

than your opinion wrong, than LOCKDOWNS are conrta productive !!!! it will only incure an extension of time that the virus stay. so spanish flu without any med or locks taking 2 year and we make locks it will take 10 years ??? covid related death will outpace covid death by factor 20 not 5 like now, and civil unrest up to civil war will be the result,in the moment people feel in eu us the economic shortfall in terms of purchasing power and mental health

so still the hope vaccines work out...............

in my opinion  even any lockdowns are wrong. the economic price and covid related death ( as result of lockdowns) are much to high

Edited by lapamita

On 7/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, snoop1130 said:

and concerned parties should have to wait until mid-2022 before reconsidering the issue.

Is that another way of saying I can't pay you until July next year so don't think about calling me

On 7/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, DoctorB said:

That's not the generally accepted view of virus mutation; it's disadvantageous to the virus. If it becomes more infectious and more deadly it runs out of hosts to infect. Covid may of course be something new in this respect but even the UK's SAGE doom-mongers have not come up with such a defeatist scenario yet; but give it time, maybe you're onto something.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Spanish Flu come back in a deadlier 2nd wave ( at the time ) before mutating again to a weaker and much less deadly variant.

Viruses were obviously much less understood at the time and no vaccines were available. I don't think they were even aware how it was passed on.

As I said, if I'm wrong I have no problem with being corrected.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Spanish Flu come back in a deadlier 2nd wave ( at the time ) before mutating again to a weaker and much less deadly variant.

Viruses were obviously much less understood at the time and no vaccines were available. I don't think they were even aware how it was passed on.

As I said, if I'm wrong I have no problem with being corrected.

Sorry, I'm no expert. I was referring to what has been called "the law of declining virulence" but I see from a quick online search that this is not universally accepted. You may well be right about Spanish flu and covid may well turn out to be a dangerous exception to the traditional view. Certainly I wouldn't want to be dogmatic on this.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, DoctorB said:

Indeed; why should 2022 be any different? Vaccination?

Really? The top headline in the Daily Mail today is : "Freedom Day will cause a mad spike in covid cases and tens of thousands will die if Britain rushes back to normal life, leading scientists warn", yet the UK has vaccinated over 70% and up to 90% are thought to have covid antibodies. So "top experts" in the country that has been at the front of vaccinations have no faith in what has been achieved. The implication would seem to be that all government action is pointless except lockdowns and we can only be released when the virus has passed naturally.

Click bait from the DM as usual.