Thailand reports again new daily record of COVID-19 cases

webfact

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

-Highway checkpoints set up to discourage travel out of dark red zone provinces. Public asked to register online in advance any such trips to obtain a QR code document.

The registration can now be completed in English:

https://covid-19.in.th/en

Is this necessary for someone from the provinces going into and out of BKK in a matter of a few hours for the sole purpose of getting a vax?

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

-Highway checkpoints set up to discourage travel out of dark red zone provinces. Public asked to register online in advance any such trips to obtain a QR code document.

The registration can now be completed in English:

https://covid-19.in.th/en

Oh they can do this quick in English and get it to work, strange that they had such a problem doing it with vaccine registrations

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Milli, an 18-year old rapper, is being charged for allegedly defaming Prayut. The plaintiff said one of Milli's posts on social media could be considered as defamation and the police are looking if her other posts have violated any other criminal laws.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1418061303826944000

Thai rapper @millimdk is fined 2,000 baht on defamation charges filed by Prime Minister@prayutofficial 's legal team.

#SaveMilli #saveมิลลิ 

https://twitter.com/8td/status/1418068619989164036

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

if you are not kidding, than you are very wrong. you do not want to be locked down oh no.

feels like thailand is traveling back in time to the wuhan days...no you cannot do that thailand.

there is much more knowledge now about the virus. crazy china lockdown will destroy what's left from thai economy.

Didn’t Thailand just try a no lockdown approach? In which case results since April speak for themselves.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

can't believe anything that comes from india, but i do believe mexico and brazil, where the

economy allmost all open, anyone can visit without quarantine , and yes, there are hundreads of dead daily.  that is the way thailand should adapt. becayse in such countries, lockdown means anyway hundreads of deaths daily from other problems like poverty and crime.

So in a lockdown such countries have hundreds of deaths a day from poverty and crime. Just a statement I guess with no data to back it up? But in any case you want to have hundreds of deaths a day from Covid instead. And you want Thailand to adopt such an approach. Is that what you are saying?

or could Thailand have had a lockdown early so as to avoid the deaths from Covid AND had social programs to help people so that there aren’t hundreds of deaths a day from poverty and crime. I mean, kinda like walk and chew gum at the same time.

it wasn’t always a binary choice between hundreds of deaths from Covid or hundreds of deaths from poverty and crime. Which is what you seem to be saying.

• Like 2

Today there were 87 deaths in #Thailand

59 males & 49 females

Median age is 66 (24-93 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (44)

40% died in less than 6 days of diagnosis

22 were infected by family members

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418081954474315781

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 36: 338,980

DAY 37: 322,488

DAY 38: 303,036

DAY 39: 289,998

DAY 40: 307,134

DAY 41: 93,273 <— Saturday

DAY 42: 74,834 <— Sunday

DAY 43: 248,648

DAY 44: 257,876

DAY 45: 279,576

TOTAL: 10,984,175 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418082584014168065

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MayBeNow said:

555 one of the biggest advocates of a lockdown on this board now complains his choice of food is too limited. Haha you really cant make this up hahaha. 'Me me me me'.

What a strange extrapolation to make. I’m reading the same posts and it seems robblok is making the case that food takeaways pose  similar  risk to supermarket deliveries and therefore eateries should be allowed to do takeaways.

your comments seem to bear no relation to what was written.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Here I see saying you can't compare Myanmar with Thailands then you go onto compare Myanmar with Thailand saying Myanmar doesn't have a functioning government, are you implying that Thailand has a functioning government?Thailands "government" as you call it may be functioning but it like a wheel on my VW with one bolt holding it on and wobbling badly just before the wheel fell off and the wheel overtook me as I slowed down and had to stop.I was able to find three wheel nuts to hold the wheel on until I got home.The Thai "government" is wobbling badly and is slowing down like it's economy and there is talk (only talk for now) of another coup and there is growing amounts of criticisms.I really don't think you're in danger of having your home invaded for food but doom is here already for many in Thailand and some are not coping well with the situation.Did you see the video posted 2 days ago of the naked dead woman hanging by the neck on this forum which is still there of what's happening in Malaysia?Did you read about the young nurse that leapt to her death recently in Nakhon Pathom?Many will not see the doom or choose not to see it but it's definitely there.

There are many here in Thailand who don't have money to buy or order food and are relying on the kindness of others to feed them because as you say the non functioning stupid government is not functioning if Thailand had a functioning government this mess wouldn't be so big.There are those around you who care more about putting food into their stomaches than catching the virus from close contact.

Yes the "government" is not functioning as it should which is causing suffering.Are you "suffering"?Do you call being inconvenienced suffering?Suffering is usually associated with pain and hardship not inconvenience.This non functioning "government" has caused suffering and pain and hardship ad death to it's people and it's time for it to be stopped being referred to as a "government" functioning or otherwise. 

Try living in Myanmar and then tell us that the level of functioning is the same as in Thailand.

As Covid Rages in Myanmar, Army Hoards Oxygen, Doctors Say

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/15/world/asia/myanmar-covid-oxygen.html

Covid-19 response runs underground in junta-ruled Myanmar

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/covid-19-response-runs-underground-in-junta-ruled-myanmar

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

What a strange extrapolation to make. I’m reading the same posts and it seems robblok is making the case that food takeaways pose  similar  risk to supermarket deliveries and therefore eateries should be allowed to do takeaways.

your comments seem to bear no relation to what was written.

No sir, he literally said ' The selection of food available is a lot less now.' 

Its just about 'me me me me me'. 

Ok leaving this daily doom and gloom thread now, must not pay too much attention to the high priests of negativity. Have good day peeps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Here I see saying you can't compare Myanmar with Thailands then you go onto compare Myanmar with Thailand saying Myanmar doesn't have a functioning government, are you implying that Thailand has a functioning government?Thailands "government" as you call it may be functioning but it like a wheel on my VW with one bolt holding it on and wobbling badly just before the wheel fell off and the wheel overtook me as I slowed down and had to stop.I was able to find three wheel nuts to hold the wheel on until I got home.The Thai "government" is wobbling badly and is slowing down like it's economy and there is talk (only talk for now) of another coup and there is growing amounts of criticisms.I really don't think you're in danger of having your home invaded for food but doom is here already for many in Thailand and some are not coping well with the situation.Did you see the video posted 2 days ago of the naked dead woman hanging by the neck on this forum which is still there of what's happening in Malaysia?Did you read about the young nurse that leapt to her death recently in Nakhon Pathom?Many will not see the doom or choose not to see it but it's definitely there.

There are many here in Thailand who don't have money to buy or order food and are relying on the kindness of others to feed them because as you say the non functioning stupid government is not functioning if Thailand had a functioning government this mess wouldn't be so big.There are those around you who care more about putting food into their stomaches than catching the virus from close contact.

Yes the "government" is not functioning as it should which is causing suffering.Are you "suffering"?Do you call being inconvenienced suffering?Suffering is usually associated with pain and hardship not inconvenience.This non functioning "government" has caused suffering and pain and hardship ad death to it's people and it's time for it to be stopped being referred to as a "government" functioning or otherwise. 

Sorry but if you think that the government and civil war in Myanmar is the same as in Thailand then you and I have a different opinion. I think the two are incomparable. Unless you think a civil war is raging in Thailand. The government in Thailand is at last functioning as in protecting safety and preventing looting ect. 

I guess your trying to push your anti lockdown views by highlighting the plight of others well done but I am pretty sure they would be far worse off if dead on the street. Many people are using the poor and hungry as an excuse to have their bars open. Sounds a lot better. I can't say if that is the care for you but I have my suspicions.

Mate you read too much into the word suffering. I am not talking about missing my food deliveries. I am talking about the whole situation of covid that would not have been this bad if the government had ordered vaccines earlier.

Anyway lockdowns work but they have to smart, I am sure that the few people who lept to their death and others are miniscule compared to what happened in India when the health system could not cope anymore. That is far more worisome. They now say that its 3 to 4 million death. Makes the death rate a lot different.

I am only pro lockdowns because of the health system and its problems. Do you really think that it could handle all the extra cases if we open up. Just keep essential services open else hospitals will have to do triage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MayBeNow said:

No sir, he literally said ' The selection of food available is a lot less now.' 

Its just about 'me me me me me'. 

Ok leaving this daily doom and gloom thread now, must not pay too much attention to the high priests of negativity. Have good day peeps.

Not really I can accept the fact that the selection is a lot less if there was a valid reason for it. However I don't see it contact wise. Neither do the people in the BKK post from the food industry who work in malls. 

Perhaps you can explain to me the difference between a supermarket delivery and a delivery from a small shop and one from the mall. IMHO they are all the same risk wise.

• Like 2