Pathum Thani - 365

Nakhon Ratchasima - 293

Pattani - 289

Suphanburi - 274

Rayong - 261

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418108684798881793

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

New record high for critical condition patients -- 3,856, the 33rd consecutive day of new record highs for this  (+70 from the prior day)

When your country's health care system is adding 70 new critical care patients per day because of COVID, you'd better know you're in DEEP trouble...

And the prior day's day-over-day increase was 75.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

can't believe anything that comes from india, but i do believe mexico and brazil, where the

economy allmost all open, anyone can visit without quarantine , and yes, there are hundreads of dead daily.  that is the way thailand should adapt. becayse in such countries, lockdown means anyway hundreads of deaths daily from other problems like poverty and crime.

The number of excess deaths in Brazil is approaching one million. This is the greatest tragedy in the history of Brazil.

Apparently, you approve of their ignoring the plague.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

New highs for both ICU/Ventilators

A record 13,655 new patients and 137,058 #COVID19 patients in care. 78,197 are in hospitals & 58,861 are in field hospitals. 3,856 patients are in a serious condition & 889 are on ventilators. Since the pandemic started, 453,132 people have been infected & 3,697 died #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418078034322624513

I believe this chart shows 3,845 positive lab results, which is much higher than any previous day. 

All the numbers are through the roof now.

Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital are fully occupied as about 50-60 people, infected with Covid-19 return from Bangkok and surrounding provinces for treatment in their home province. The hospital is preparing to expand its field hospital to receive more patients.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1418114448926023683

• Thanks 1

Never a good look - an unpopular government facing a furious population, and responding with threatens to jail critics.

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/1418113672455483393

It’s not hard to find fiery comments foisting blame for our pandemic woes on the government. By procuring an insufficient number of vaccines, offering little financial support to businesses, and making last-minute announcements, the government has frustrated many. Even—gasp—Thai celebrities have increasingly reached for their pitchforks and torches lately.

https://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/news/minister-warns-celebs-influencers-to-stop-criticizing-government-or-face

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

I ain’t no virologist nor epidemiologist but it seems to me the solution is vaccinating EVERYONE (excluding babies maybe?) across the globe as fast as the entire globe can muster. This way people will maybe still get the virus but medical systems and shortly thereafter morgues won’t be overwhelmed because very few will develop acute symptoms post infection. This way economies can open and the world can return to its insatiable consumption of everything on and in the planet. My question is why can’t the worlds super-powers and super rich provide enough vaccines for anyone and everyone? Of course my glib, shallow, and naive solution doesn’t take into account those who refuse to be vaccinated or are staved of the opportunity and means to take it, even should it exists in their neck of the woods.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

Im not sure your right does not not depend on the actual ages. Not just the highest and lowest. I mean if you have a lot of 80 year old's the median could be higher. Or am i wrong in how a median age is calculated ? Like a weighted average ?

The Thai government needs to be doing everything possible to get vaccines now.  EVERYTHING. 

The government spokesman has apologised.  Ok, but that does not stop daily deaths and massive infection numbers (Australian Prime Minister just 'apologized' today as well, due to public outcry, albeit a deflected one)

The ICU units and oxygen supplies are becoming unavailable to many critical patients - for both COVID related and non-COVID patients.  People will die unnecessarily (as is currently happening). 

Get the money wherever you can and order realistic amounts of effective vaccines.  That means well over 100 million vials.  Not token gesture amounts of 20 million etc.  Make a serious commitment and get it done.  

The government can blame over and over and over the behaviour of people for not isolating etc.  This is rinse/repeat government blaming the people -globally. 

As a local Bangkok international lawyer recently and aptly pointed out in response to hard lockdowns, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome".  The lockdowns will NOT get rid of COVID.  You will never get 100% eradication. 

You can put out spot fires here and there but the embers are still burning and ready to flame back up. Humans are fallible creatures and there will always be those who will not comply, who make mistakes, etc.  Hence why outbreaks will just keep happening.  

The government's recent threat to implement a Wuhan-style lockdown is draconian, inhumane, traumatic, only a temporary measure and just fuels more economic devastation.  If you are in the shoes of those facing bankruptcy it becomes very real.  Not dismissive HISOs, those benefiting from COVID and other recipients of government or passive incomes unaffected from lockdowns.  

The only way out of this living hell is huge scale and rapid vaccination.  Banging my already sore head against the wall.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thailand today finally made it into the world's top 50 countries based on total numbers of COVID cases since the start of the pandemic at 453,132.  That's not adjusted for population, just based on total case counts.

2021-07-22f.jpg.b564e3e3141fb10c368ed165b840a697.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/370376254580705/?type=3

More deaths for the day than the UK, and more daily deaths today than 10 of the top 20 countries listed above based on total COVID cases.

But it looks worse if you look at a chart from Our World in Data that one of our members posted here the other day looking at various countries' current PER CAPITA (population adjusted) rates of new COVID cases:

365958472_2021-07-20DailyNewCasesPerCapitabyCountry.jpg.4aaa9b831f542c46a6bccc07cca46e45.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cases

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I thought the PM was the Czar and takes full responsibility. I guess we will have to wait (sarcasm intended) for his apology. :coffee1::coffee1:

We had his answer the other day, it was the dirty public who were to blame while he was doing his best for his children that he cares for so much.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The number of excess deaths in Brazil is approaching one million. This is the greatest tragedy in the history of Brazil.

the number of covid deaths in brazil is more than half million and still less than the number

of covid deaths incountries like hungary and checkoslovakia, in relative numbers,if you know what it means.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Im not sure your right does not not depend on the actual ages. Not just the highest and lowest. I mean if you have a lot of 80 year old's the median could be higher. Or am i wrong in how a median age is calculated ? Like a weighted average ?

Good point Rob. I use a website to check the numbers and I came up with a different figure to the quoted post.

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

Subtract low number from the high number in this case 93 minus 24 = 69, divide by 2 = 34.5 and add the low number 24 = 58.5

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If I was confident the Trictatorship would care for the people here so that none would go hungry I wouldn't have a problem with a lockdown.Are you confident they would adequately support those that required it?There is a big difference between ordering a strict lockdown and having the ability and logistical capability to support those that require support.There reason I highlight the plight of others is that a lockdown would have very little impact on the way I live way out here in Far Flungsville where people live off the land but those in the city suffer much more than I.I have very little concerns about my own welfare when it comes to lockdowns in fact I have absolutely no concerns about myself.

"How many deaths do you think are acceptable so you don't have to be in lockdown ?"You ask, well I don't think any deaths are acceptable so I do't have to be in a lockdown as I have explained I'm not concerned for myself when it comes to lock downs.You on the other hand have posted comment on how much you suffer because you choice of takeaway food is reduced which seems to be about as far as you can see.You don't seem to acknowledge the plight of millions who live in poverty right next door to starvation.

Now I ask a question.How many healthy people who are you prepared to let starve so you can have a lockdown that's strict enough to actually affect transmission of the virus?Thailand is already have problems with their Clayton's lockdown how much worse do you think it will be if a real and effective lockdown is implemented?

So far I havent seen anyone dying of hunger, have you ? Last time there were foodbanks I don't expect it to be different this time I  haven't read any articles about starving people. I have seen them dying of covid not of starvation. So that problem is not there. The problem is the health system that if it collapses because or letting a lockdown go will be far worse. So I think a lockdown is best.

I said that I don't understand the lockdown of the restaurants in the mall, I clarified that I readily accept that there is less selection. I and those who own restaurants in malls are questioning the effectiveness of this measure. Because nobody has explained to me how supermarket deliveries, deliveries from small shops outside malls, are different from those in malls. I was questioning the logic behind this. I already switched what I eat, I just liked that branch shop a lot. I certainly would not call it suffering. Just a bit less convenience. 

But we are all suffering in a certain degree under this covid pandemic, some more then others. But can tell you I don't like it one bit just like most people. Who in his right mind likes a lock-down. 

Like you I have not much faith in the government to compensate everyone, however your starving thing is taking it to extreme and has not happened and if it happens its far lower then the covid deaths. So a lockdown is justified.

How many healthy people am i willing to let starve for a lockdown, I would say as long as its less then those dying of covid then its ok. If I really have to choose i take the lesser evil. But it did not happen last lockdown and I doubt it will happen now. You do remember the foodbanks opening up and all.

• Like 2

The Chonburi Public Health Office last night, July 22nd, has released a timeline to inform people who went to specific places this month to notify health authorities and monitor their health. The following is an English translation of the release.

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/22/timeline-si-racha-sattahip-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-the-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

After conducting a study on recipients of Sinovac jabs in four areas, the Public Health Ministry declared that the vaccine was more than 90 per cent effective in preventing infections and severe symptoms

The study was conducted in Phuket, Samut Sakhon, Chiang Rai and among Department of Disease Control personnel nationwide.

The ministry also said that two jabs of Sinovac can provide 88.8 per cent protection against infection and was 84.9 per cent effective against severe lung infection. In comparison, one dose of AstraZeneca provides 83.4 per cent protection after the first dose.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/40003615

Anchadian Haha

• Haha 2

Following the success of #PhuketSandbox & #SamuiPlus, the TAT Governor said that he’s preparing to propose a 7+7 model which is to connect vaccinated foreign tourists in Phuket to other destinations after only seven days. If approved, this could start as early as 1st August [1/2]

If they pass their covid test, vaccinated tourists could go to: Surat Thani Province: Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao Krabi Province: Koh Phi Phi, Koh Ngai and Railay Phang Nga Province: Khao Lak, Koh Yao Noi and Koh Yao Yai #PhuketSandbox #SamuiPlus #Thailand [2/2]

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418132660749180930

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Median

The median is the middle score of a distribution. To calculate the median

• Arrange your numbers in numerical order.
  • Count how many numbers you have.
  • If you have an odd number, divide by 2 and round up to get the position of the median number.
  • If you have an even number, divide by 2. Go to the number in that position and average it with the number in the next higher position to get the median.

Consider this set of numbers: 5, 7, 9, 9, 11. Since you have an odd number of scores, the median would be 9. You have five numbers, so you divide 5 by 2 to get 2.5, and round up to 3. The number in the third position is the median.

What happens when you have an even number of scores so there is no single middle score? Consider this set of numbers: 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 7. Since there is an even number of scores, you need to take the average of the middle two scores, calculating their mean.

So we can't really calculate it ourself unless we got all the numbers

Been a while since i studied statistics.

Correct, the median is the midpoint in a series of numbers... not the halfway amount between the high and lows in the series.

MoPH used to publicly report the COVID deaths individually, with the age for each fatality. But then there got to be too many fatalities, so they switched to giving just the oldest, youngest and median age for each date.