31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 87 deaths in #Thailand

59 males & 49 females

Median age is 66 (24-93 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (44)

40% died in less than 6 days of diagnosis

22 were infected by family members

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1418081954474315781

Another youngster amongst those who have passed on. RIP to all who have perished.

Just now, anchadian said:

Maybe due to you using Norton Security?

Worked fine for me.

BTW just to save people going through the procedure. 

It's very simple and where is asks for reason for travel it states "optional".

Was bit surprised by that.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

)........... have drawn up a plan to help people infected with COVID-19 return to their home provinces for treatment

Hard to criticize this move however the risk is obvious.

Perhaps one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thailand’s very own mRNA vaccine ‘will be ready for use by yearend’

Chulalongkorn University expects to complete the first phase of human trials of its mRNA Covid-19 vaccine within this month, Dr Chalermchai Boonyaleepun, deputy chair of the Senate’s public health committee, said on social media.

He explained that the trial, which kicked off in June, is being conducted on two groups of volunteers – ages 18-55 and 65-75.

The trial is using doses of three sizes – 10, 25 and 50 micrograms (mcg). In comparison, the Pfizer and Moderna doses are 30mcg and 100mcg respectively.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003605

• Like 2

From the total 13,655 cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 9,254 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 4,390 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 11 imported cases

#โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1418093915924697091

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, the National Health Security Office (NHSO) and the National Institute for Emergency Medicine (NIEM) have drawn up a plan to help people infected with COVID-19 return to their home provinces for treatment.

Public Health Ministry permanent secretary Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit said the action was in response to COVID-19 infected people, especially those from the Northeast, continuing to return home for treatment.

He said the plan will ensure their travel meets disease prevention and control standards, both during the trip and once they arrive home. However, the infected people must be in a stable enough condition to travel and their home provinces must be ready to accept them, with the consent of their provincial communicable disease committees.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158155387522050

Yet how does that keep the spread of the virus contained.  Letting people travel on their own who are infected comes at great risk abd oeril as they possibly come into contact with others on their journey  I understand resources are thin but maybe the transport should be done in a medically professional way via medical transport,but that would cost the government money now wouldn't it.  Sigh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Chulalongkorn University expects to complete the first phase of human trials of its mRNA Covid-19 vaccine within this month, Dr Chalermchai Boonyaleepun, deputy chair of the Senate’s public health committee, said on social media.

He explained that the trial, which kicked off in June, is being conducted on two groups of volunteers – ages 18-55 and 65-75.

The trial is using doses of three sizes – 10, 25 and 50 micrograms (mcg). In comparison, the Pfizer and Moderna doses are 30mcg and 100mcg respectively.

Wish them every success but its still got to go through the second and third stage trials, although they did say before they may not bother with stage 3 trials.

Lets hope the government is not counting on this just yet, focus on procuring other vaccines, if this works then its a bonus.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Try living in Myanmar and then tell us that the level of functioning is the same as in Thailand.

As Covid Rages in Myanmar, Army Hoards Oxygen, Doctors Say

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/15/world/asia/myanmar-covid-oxygen.html

Covid-19 response runs underground in junta-ruled Myanmar

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/covid-19-response-runs-underground-in-junta-ruled-myanmar

Try telling me where I said the functionality of Thailand is the same as Myanmar?The first link went behind a paywall just after I read that the Junta stole power from the democratically elected government which is what happened here did it not?So the same.Thailand is also beginning to have oxygen supply problems so I don't need to live in Myanmar to say neither have a functioning "government".Freedom of expression is also very similar, as can be seen clearly in Thailand.If you like they way things are going here in Thailand enough to try and defend the people who stole power from democratically elected government and how they are handling the country's pandemic response that's your choice not mine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hard to criticize this move however the risk is obvious.

Perhaps one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations.

Seems to me they decided people were doing it anyway, so might as well try to make it a non transmissible event. The trouble is, every plan I’ve ever known in Thailand follows the path of expediency rather than effectiveness. I seriously doubt the quality of implementation.

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess your trying to push your anti lockdown views by highlighting the plight of others well done but I am pretty sure they would be far worse off if dead on the street.

They are dead on the street.

• Sad 1

In addition to the new record high for daily COVID cases today:

New record high for critical condition patients -- 3,856, the 33rd consecutive day of new record highs for this  (+70 from the prior day)

New record high for critical condition patients on ventilators -- 889  (+10)

New record high for COVID patient active cases/hospitalized in some type of facility -- 137,058  (+5,647)

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/370376247914039/?type=3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MayBeNow said:

No sir, he literally said ' The selection of food available is a lot less now.' 

Its just about 'me me me me me'. 

Ok leaving this daily doom and gloom thread now, must not pay too much attention to the high priests of negativity. Have good day peeps.

He did literally say that, among the main thrust of his post. A side aspect is that the selection of food is less. And, you may note that it applies to everybody who uses those shops, not just the poster. So your use of the words “me” multiple times isn’t accurate.

the valid point being made is that the Covid risk of receiving a restaurant take out is no more than receiving a supermarket delivery or a 7-11 delivery. Your trying to move away from that and questioning personal motives for doing so, doesn’t change the very rational argument being made.

Edited by wensiensheng

30 minutes ago, anchadian said:

This is misleading at best. The vaccine candidate might be ready, but the production and use will not be ready until another 6 months at least. Thailand just does not have the facilities to scale up any quicker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Army has offered its club in Bangkok to be used as a screening site for Covid-19 patients in the capital and surrounding areas

The site will be able to accommodate 300 to 400 patients.

The Army said it has joined hands with provincial health agencies to set up 19 such screening sites nationwide. These centres will receive patients before transferring them to proper medical facilities if their symptoms worsen.

So far, 3,323 beds are available at these centres nationwide.

The nation inserted the wrong photo,  More photos in link.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003607

Edited by anchadian

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, in virtually all the studies I have seen, all the vaccines are a lot closer in effectiveness re: preventing hospitalizations and deaths than they are in preventing any symptoms at all.

And yet folks are wringing their hands over the "big" difference between Pfizer 88% (Delta-) effectiveness vs AZ 67 % - while both vaccines, along with others currently available, manage to do just what said in the above paragraph. A fellow poster recently reported back from the UK, having gotten 2 doses of AZ, he then "succumbed to the Delta variant." He described it as something more like a "light flu." 

• Like 1

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday:

Since 1 April

424,269 people infected (+11 imported and +13,644 local)

3,603 dead +87

137,058 in care

3,856 in ICU and 889 on ventilators

7,921 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1418105439472951300

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

can't believe anything that comes from india, but i do believe mexico and brazil, where the

economy allmost all open, anyone can visit without quarantine , and yes, there are hundreads of dead daily.  that is the way thailand should adapt. becayse in such countries, lockdown means anyway hundreads of deaths daily from other problems like poverty and crime.

It was an USA investigation, but i know does not fit your narrative so you ignore it.

56 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, the National Health Security Office (NHSO) and the National Institute for Emergency Medicine (NIEM) have drawn up a plan to help people infected with COVID-19 return to their home provinces for treatment.

Public Health Ministry permanent secretary Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit said the action was in response to COVID-19 infected people, especially those from the Northeast, continuing to return home for treatment.

He said the plan will ensure their travel meets disease prevention and control standards, both during the trip and once they arrive home. However, the infected people must be in a stable enough condition to travel and their home provinces must be ready to accept them, with the consent of their provincial communicable disease committees.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158155387522050

There is no space in North East to take any patient's from Bkk or any other place outside! Little time ago North East had about 500 infected/day today 2191 and increasing.

• Like 2

New deaths today by province, in addition to the 44 reported from Bangkok:

By my count, 18 different provinces reporting new COVID deaths today.

6 -- Pathum Thani

5 - Nakhon Sawan

4 each -- Samut Sakhon, Pattani

3 each -- Nakhon Pathom, Samut Prakan, Songkhla, Ratchaburi

2 each -- Chiang Mai, Samut Songkhram, Surin

and various others with single deaths including Chiang Rai, Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani.

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/370376137914050/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Covid-stricken celebrity said he is being kicked out of hospital over political comments

Thai media personality Nawat Itsaragrisil was trending on Twitter Thursday after the television host announced that he is being kicked out of the hospital where he was getting treated for Covid-19 after making comments about the state’s Covid-19 response earlier this week.

Nawat, who is currently undergoing treatment at a local hospital and receiving oxygen, posted a Live video via his Facebook fanpage on Wednesday evening saying that he has been asked to leave the hospital in 24 hours by a “Salim doctor” (a slang term for conservative Thais who are pro-establishment and supported the previous military dictatorship) while his recovery is still far from over.

“They [the doctor] just called to ask me to leave in 24 hours,” the 47-year-old said, while crying in the video. “I was shocked. How am I supposed to leave? I am still receiving IV drips, I haven’t been vaccinated, and I am still breathing with an oxygen mask.”

K77gKYFz?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30322/covid-stricken-celebrity-kicked-out-of-hospital-over-political-comments/

• Sad 1