Thailand reports again new daily record of COVID-19 cases

webfact

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's a version of that supposedly new vaccination policy, said to include foreign nationals, mentioned above:

2021-07-22b.jpg.52afb5a155a8bffd7c7d37d1802080f6.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/OICDDC/posts/4145217665598795

Guess I will load a backpack with rocks up so that the GF weighs in at over 100kg.......sarcasm, but as I pointed out on another OP running, even those below 60 with medical conditions are at risk and are even dying as well.

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks, it is an interesting article and shows the efficacy of the AZ vaccine is actually higher against Delta then it was originally thought to be.

"Two shots of AstraZeneca vaccine were 67% effective against the Delta variant, up from 60% originally reported, and 74.5% effective against the Alpha variant, compared to an original estimate of 66% effectiveness"

Yes, but still a big difference in effectiveness against the Delta variant between the two:

--Pfizer, 88%

--AZ, 67%

BTW, MoPH yesterday had an update on variant testing in Bangkok as follows:

1397570571_2021-07-21BKKvariantbreakdown.jpg.fee514d040edaaac7c4a674af64d489b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/369693257982338/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's kind of hard to fathom why NONE of the closure orders involve any kind of factories, which have been hotspots for COVID outbreaks, while at the same time they're closing swimming pools, museums, public parks, etc., NONE of which have had any major role in spreading the virus nor are likely to have.

Money, pure and simple.

If exports were to take a massive hit on top of the loss of tourism, they'd really be up the creek without a paddle. Plus it could cause long term loss of confidence and eventually investors moving elsewhere.

It seemed weird to me that parks were open but non-essential journeys were not allowed. Unless going to the park was deemed essential, then it was OK to be AT the park but not OK to travel there. It's getting tough to get aerobic exercise now for sure. I've resorted to Boxfit videos on YouTube ????.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks, it is an interesting article and shows the efficacy of the AZ vaccine is actually higher against Delta then it was originally thought to be.

"Two shots of AstraZeneca vaccine were 67% effective against the Delta variant, up from 60% originally reported, and 74.5% effective against the Alpha variant, compared to an original estimate of 66% effectiveness"

(4951) Coronavirus Update 127: Delta Variant and Vaccines - YouTube

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Great and backing up what we knew already from the UK study.

The majority of vaccines administered however are Sinovac and its likely to be this way for some months yet. Unfortunately as we all know there are no studies on Delta variant with that. 

• Like 2

Glad we don't live in Bangkok anymore. Life here goes on more or less as normal. I'd hate to be banged up in a 25 square meter condo room. At least in the village I can go for a long walk with the dogs through shaded woods and quiet footpaths without meeting a soul. Later a trip to our local

Big C which is usually pretty quiet these days.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Next year??

Thousands will be dead and the economy in more major depression WTH?

Why did they wait so long to join?  Unbelievable.

An apology (?!) was issued.  So it's all good.  Remember, it's "oops the virus changed" and "it's everyone else's fault".

To compensate you for your pain, may I offer you a cup of camomile tea at full price?  

• Haha 2

From last evening.  Not sure if posted.

Thailand to procure an additional 10.9 million doses of Sinovac vaccines to fight against Covid-19 domestic spread

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health has ordered an additional 10.9 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine as an urgent case, hoping to help control the Covid-19 spread.

Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, told reporters today, July 21st, that the department has signed a formal request to the Director of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) for assistance in importing additional vaccines (Sinovac) to cope with the domestic spread of the Covid-19.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/07/21/thailand-to-procure-an-additional-10-9-million-dose-of-sinovac-vaccines-to-fight-against-covid-19-domestic-spread/

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

A lockdown is a good thing for certain at risk services. I think your an American, those guys always seem to have doom scenarios of people rioting and going after their food hence the need for weapons. (no offence but its a trend i seen)

Locking down bars and massage places and other stuff that has a lot of close physical contact is one thing. But low risk stuff like food delivery where you don't even get close to the delivery guy is not a risk thing. 

Nah robblok I was born and grew up in Australia and have meet a few Americans and find them as diverse in their views as any other nation or religion, and to me "always" is a word I try to avoid using because of it's all inclusive nature.As for the doom scenario Thailand has one of those occurring right next door in Myanmar so doom isn't that far away from us here.If you don't think a similar doom could occur here that's fine but I'm more nervous about that sort of doom than the doom the virus brings. 

I fail to see any trend that I've set about resorting to weapons or violence in fact I'm anti gun and anti violence and was advised by my old man to run away today to live to run away another day, which I might add is advice I've yet to adhere though I do appreciate it's deeper logic more the older I get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

From last evening.  Not sure if posted.

Thailand to procure an additional 10.9 million doses of Sinovac vaccines to fight against Covid-19 domestic spread

Well, they're not going to be getting enough of their own locally produced AZ vaccine any time soon... maybe half or less of the 10 million doses per month they had been counting on.

And they dawdled so long with everything else in vaccines not produced  by China that they're pretty far down in those queues...

So, guess what Thailand gets instead???  More Chinese Sinovac!  I guess they gotta make up for that lost submarine purchase sales money that they won't be sending to China.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Nah robblok I was born and grew up in Australia and have meet a few Americans and find them as diverse in their views as any other nation or religion, and to me "always" is a word I try to avoid using because of it's all inclusive nature.As for the doom scenario Thailand has one of those occurring right next door in Myanmar so doom isn't that far away from us here.If you don't think a similar doom could occur here that's fine but I'm more nervous about that sort of doom than the doom the virus brings. 

I fail to see any trend that I've set about resorting to weapons or violence in fact I'm anti gun and anti violence and was advised by my old man to run away today to live to run away another day, which I might add is advice I've yet to adhere though I do appreciate it's deeper logic more the older I get.

My mistake, but often its Americans who seem to come up with those rioting doom scenarios. (weapon sales went up during covid in the US). I have had people start talking about riots in Thailand so often. There was a friend of mine who said that Thailand was going to burn with the previous kind died. Nothing happened. I have heard so many predictions of riots that never happend that I have become a bit immune to them. I am also anti gun / anti violence and run away from violence too. Tooled up idiots are always dangerous. The less intelligent the more dangerous. (meaning they don't think about the consequences of their actions so would not hesitate to do damage)

You cannot compare Miramar with Thailand we still got a functioning government and army. There is a a civil war and non functional government over there. Besides if riots would ever occur for food supermarkets would be the targets not houses of people.

I am still pro lockdown just not a full lockdown. Just lockdown of the more risk activities and I just fail to see how food deliveries from the Malls are more dangerous then the food deliveries from other shops. If anything the other shops will be more busy and more chance of spread.

I just ordered food for a week or maybe 2 not sure depends on how much I eat from Paleo Robbie. Got plenty of oats and other stuff but that was not about stocking up but from a time I ate more oats. The stuff keeps forever. 

I believe in lockdowns and will keep believing in them for high risk activities. Not for essential services like food. Just a bit annoyed that my regular restaurant (leanlicious) with many branches was closed. It was perfect for my diet. Cheap, relatively healthy. Like i said I don't see the difference between food deliveries from malls or from stand alone shops. Or like you said a Wuhan style where the government gives it. Contact still stays the same. 

When I order food there is almost no contact with the delivery man/woman. All paid for in advance. 

Anyway I am pretty sure there will be a U turn on this. 

The stupid government should have started vaccination far earlier we are all suffering because of it.