Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

Here's a novel idea; if a thread bores you then DON'T PARTICIPATE!!

Amazing concept, right??

truly amazing !!

its so amazing maybe i should keep posting, just to give me something to do

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a total waste of time, if he was Thai nothing would have been done.

Around here a very small percentage of people are wearing masks, nothing is done about it.

Just another farang bashing episode, having said that the man is as fool for not wearing a mask.

Yep! There was another story about a 'Farang' that stole a landlords furniture. The police put on a screen show for the press with clipboards and pointy sticks to show how they caught the 'nasty foreigner'. Not sure why they feel the need to put on these cabaret acts for such petty crimes commited by foreigners. It really is getting quite absurd!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Missed it

note the words on the boxes of masks

Not for Medical Purposes!

Worn to prevent one of the worst viruses in history ?

331A120D-5789-42EB-B43D-0646C9C7F813.jpeg

78130E31-791B-455A-902C-8E49645B8358.jpeg

Exactly. All the cheap masks, which the majority are wearing, may have a 95% bacterial filtration efficiency as written on the package, but when it comes to protecting against virus, they are more or less useless. Masks protecting against virus are marked with KN95 and 1 pc. will cost you around the same as 50 pcs of the cheap ones, seen on Lazada as low as 18 Baht for 50 pcs. The same quality masks, were sold a year ago for up to 1,000 Baht for 50 pcs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Exactly. All the cheap masks, which the majority are wearing, may have a 95% bacterial filtration efficiency as written on the package, but when it comes to protecting against virus, they are more or less useless. Masks protecting against virus are marked with KN95 and 1 pc. will cost you around the same as 50 pcs of the cheap ones, seen on Lazada as low as 18 Baht for 50 pcs. The same quality masks, were sold a year ago for up to 1,000 Baht for 50 pcs.

Please provide a link to a credible source backing your assertion that face masks are useless against Covid. 

You also don't seem to understand that the principle purpose of a face mask is to protect others against you transmitting the virus. Which is why surgical staff wear them. 

BTW, you are confusing N95 masks with Kn95 masks, which are cheap. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cocoonclub said:

Or you just politely ask them to wear a mask, like this senior citizen here had the balls to do.. 

I wouldn't. The kind of people who blatantly disregard rules are usually the bullies who lord it over their 'inferiors' came to Thailand to be superior more likely to scream at you, like this man, and threaten violence, like this man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

I'm an all around nice and respectful guy  ????   But many times tell people I am Canadian

Typical loyal American....always willing to deny they are Americans until they need help from America and the tax payers...I am proud to be an American and yes, not all of us are perfect, unlike the great Canadians who were willing to let Native Candians kids died at boarding school.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

When will the QAnon conspiracy nut bags give it a rest. You are not in the US. You are in Thailand. It is a case of when in Rome. And your crazy non scientific ideas are lunacy.

Bingo!

"Those" sort of Yankees should go home.

15 hours ago, Hayduke said:

If only the government would divert a portion of the enormous “police vinyl board” budget into buying vaccines….

bored board - Copy.jpg

Come on, they are heroes who need a big vinyl board to publicise the fact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

With a face mask, I would have some protection. 

I doubt you'd go anywhere near a person you knew was infected and then there's the question of what type of mask you wear and how you wear it. I always wear a mask, but assume I don't and everyone around me is infected. I don't take lifts in the mall (when the malls were open) and try to keep away from crowded shops (since the delta strain has run rife).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Americans still invading countries and forcing their views down the natives throats I see...Im surrounded by American antivaxers here in  Phuket. They've all done Home Science 101 and watched a UTube vid and turn every conversation into a mockfest of either vaxes , or  even the very existence of Covid.. 

Americans still invading countries and forcing their views down the natives throats I see…”

You mean like Hong Kong, Cayman Islands and places like that? Err…wait.

Oh, and let’s not forget Canada. 

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Please provide a link to a credible source backing your assertion that face masks are useless against Covid. 

You also don't seem to understand that the principle purpose of a face mask is to protect others against you transmitting the virus. Which is why surgical staff wear them. 

BTW, you are confusing N95 masks with Kn95 masks, which are cheap. 

I have very good sources (a lot more than 1) from scientific studies (with references) about masks and their "benefits" for virus protection, but I can't post them. You know this, but you keep goading people. Freedom of speech is quite limited in this area - read the forum rules. You'll probably come back and call me a whiner, but this is the sad truth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

In summary

- The Covid 19 coronavirus is almost certainly real, even if it originated from a lab. or not

- Wearing masks is inconvenient, but helps everyone if they're not exercising 

- The 'person of colour' and his Russian hooker know the rules and they should have at least put the mask on to be served (which is what I do)

- The fat whitey should mind his own business. There are staff to enforce rules

- This forum is the hub of expertise

- Can we close this thread now?

You can't dine in now, but how do you eat a meal with a mask on? Ordering with it on, eating with it off? Makes a lot of sense. I've been eating sit down meals in restaurants for most of the pandemic period other than during brief lockdowns periods, and I was always curious about how come the virus only infects people when they are not eating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Yes some prefer you stay "asleep" instead of being aware aka "woke"

The less you know the more you obey.....almost like a certain cult(ahem)

maybe this guy should have made a "run for the border"(taco bell nod)

"In the US, they probably would have apologized to him and given him free tacos."

Not where I am in the US (LA), here shops and restaurants have been requiring masks no matter what the official decrees have said.

Also, completely unscientifically , the people I see on the street are overwhelmingly continuing to wear masks. Even see people alone in their cars wearing masks, not sure why, but their choice.

29 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I have very good sources (a lot more than 1) from scientific studies (with references) about masks and their "benefits" for virus protection, but I can't post them.

Yeah, a version of the "my friend's cousin's son-in-law seen it with his own eyes" testimonial.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Yeah, a version of the "my friend's cousin's son-in-law seen it with his own eyes" testimonial.

No, references to scientific studies that were conducted by scientists, but all you need to know while you're in Thailand is that masks work and should be worn at all times. Any debate on this "truth" is unacceptable.

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, sucit said:

Most of these places now have employees who sit outside the shop. I understand not being allowed to go into a private business while violating their policy. I think he has a point otherwise. Those outside employees could take his order and give it to him outside. Seems we should encourage people to stay outside if we truly want to follow the science. Outside/outdoor infections have been shown to be much less prevalent. 

This guy was continually mouthing off at an intensity enough to shower all nearby with dodgy droplets. If everyone acted like him the spread would be greater. Hope a fine shuts him up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sounds like every American I've ever encountered.

Sep here. I know your just taking the p..s here so this <deleted>/<deleted> will ignore this comment and look forward to having a cold one someday without our masks on.

Bob's your uncle. Cheers.

Edited by metisdead
Disguised profanities removed.

12 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, references to scientific studies that were conducted by scientists, but all you need to know while you're in Thailand is that masks work and should be worn at all times. Any debate on this "truth" is unacceptable.

The point is that you are offering as support for your point of view testimony that cannot be checked to verify or reject. 

It neither directly adds nor detracts from the power of your argument.

Indirectly, it sounds a lot like street corner or barroom chatter because it has been heard before in a slightly different formulation.

• Like 1